Vidant Health Employee Reviews

Fun and caring workplace
Food Service Patient Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 18, 2016
A typical day at my job is wonderful. I love being able to help the patients by giving them their nutrient breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Meeting different people of all ages to me is a huge honor. Me and my co-worker must work together and make sure the patients have their meals according to their diets. The hardest thing about my job is building relationship with the patients and have them pass away. Since I am food services I'm not sure why they're in the hospital.
Worst Place Ever!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 1, 2016
Poor management, slack HR department...they promote people who've been doing the work for 30 years but don't have a clue how to manage people. Concern for work/life balance is for the marketing materials only...management doesn't really care.

HR dept is on the side of management and offers no support for employees. They prefer to side with bad managers rather than admit they made poor leadership choices.
Pros
Cons
Extremely bad management, terrible HR department
Plenty of work in my particular office. I love to be busy
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 15, 2016
Very "clickish" atmosphere which will continue to be in my office environment. I enjoy my job, but wish to enjoy where I work, also. A lot of turnover.
Pros
Benefits, good work hours, free to make appointments and keep them
Cons
Work enviromnent has turned mechanical. Can't talk or walk around the office. Being micromanaged.
This is a good company.
Area Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoy working in the Wellness Center. I meet new members on a daily basis. They are so sweet. I love my co-workers. We all work as a team. Working as team is what companies need to succeed. Management gives us respect and the team respects management. We are not treated unfair being that we are below management and that makes a world of difference.
Great experience working with the patients
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 1, 2016
Working for Vidant Medical Center was rewarding. It has allowed me to realize my passion for healthcare and how I want to continue in this career. I decided to further my credentials in healthcare due to my experience working for Vidant.
Pros
It has allowed me to realize my passion in healthcare.
Cons
I wish I could have realized how much I love working in healthcare sooner.
benefit tech daily routine
Benefits Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 1, 2016
Answer phones, help walk ins, keyed personal action forms, door opened for co-workers to ask questions and learn processes, involved with upgrade of PeopleSoft 9.2, helped process payroll biweekly verifying benefit deductions. Looking for ways to cut cost and be more efficient in processes. Like variety and coworkers.
Treat you like you are children
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 16, 2016
Treated like children instead of adults. Ones that need supervision are overlooked & workload is placed on others in team. Management doesn't take responsibility, they are hardly ever available should you need advice or assistance.
Pros
Cons
Not allowed any breaks per management
Unsafe and understaffed
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 2, 2016
Coming into large facility like this, I thought it would be more up to date with medical practice and open to the new and now. I was so wrong. It's purely about keeping the budget and hiding screw ups!! I have met some pretty amazing people here that are amazing practitioners, but that is a small percentage compared to the dangerous and incompetent.
Black hole
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 10, 2016
Chance for promotion is pretty much non-existent unless you are a RN or part of the good old boys club. Management preachs, patient satisfaction but then does everything to make it impossible to make that happen.
Could go on but really no point in that. Good place to get initial experience but then move on to somewhere that will allow you to grow in your career.
Work environment is very comfortable and inviting.
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2016
A typical workday consist of doing discharges and working with management in order to make sure work is done in a timely order.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Hourly pay isnt that great.
Outstanding hospital to work for
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  CVIUNovember 30, 2016
Was hired out of nursing school to work on CVIU in the East Carolina Heart Center. Education and hands on learning was excellent.
Pros
Top notch medical center
Beware
RRT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 14, 2016
I worked at this institution for 10 years, going straight out of school and got some of the best experience of my career here!! Vidant is on the cutting edge of clinical breakthroughs and has some of the best physicians and ancillary staff around HOWEVER management is terrible! There is absolutely no tolerance for a voice outside of their thoughts. There is no flexibility of schedule for family emergencies or needs and if you get on the "bad side" of the wrong person you can hang your career here up! The answer would seem to be to go to work and mind your own business and go home but unfortunately that isn't allowed either. They force you to get involved and then punish you for your involvement. The staff themselves are some of the best in the business and amazing at their jobs but as in most large corporations the job itself is ruined by the pencil pushers and desk jockeys. It's a complete shame because Vidant Greenville could be one of the best places to work in North Carolina.
Pros
Knowledgeable and self sufficient staff, amazing learning opportunities
Cons
Management, work schedule and lack of flexibility
Professional
Administrative Secretary Office of the President (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 13, 2016
Typical large work environment, Typical large business workers. Typical Management. No hardest part of the day or must enjoyable.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 25, 2016
I like working at Vidant because it is very family oriented and they care about balancing work life with your everyday life at home.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Overall good place to work
Adult Clinical Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 25, 2016
Able to gain valuable experience from working in a large teaching hospital that is also a trauma center. Provides the ability to grow and also to teach residents and medical students, the instrumental way that dietitians have on the medical team.
VIDANT is a company that has continued to grow, one would have to be ready for change daily.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at Vidant Health starts off with opening the office and making sure everything is up and running for a great day!! The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my Administrator. He always has a open door policy and always willing to listen or guide you in any area.
Pros
Teaching Hospital / Teaching invironment
Cons
Team work is at a low point
Cold, fast paced, hectic
Physical Therapist Assistant student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 19, 2016
Vidant greenville wasn't a fit for them. I found it to be too large, too hectic and not personal enough, between staff and patients
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
no breaks
Good place to get experience
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2016
its a teaching hospital so there is lots to learn and experience. many come here to get their initial experience in the medical field before moving on to other settings.
Great benefits.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed what I did but the people I worked with were awful. Always negative talking bad about everyone. They told my boss they felt offended by a picture I posted--it was my boyfriend wearing a vidant hat and he was smiling. Nothing wrong in the picture. He is African American so I'm assuming that's why they felt offended. Needless to say I'm very happy to no longer be working here!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Environment
wouldn't recommend
Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2016
For this to be a hospital it sure doesn't feel like one. A place where everyone is supposed to work together and treat each other in a respectable way, but certain departments get looked down on especially if you're not a doctor or a nurse. We all play a vital role in helping the patients to get out of the hospital. Never have I worked in such a place where certain people think they're better than you all because of an education or job title. I just wish we could all collectively work together instead of saying "that's not my job". My department I work in makes it hard for their employees to move up. It's like they don't want to see anybody doing better than them. And don't go to your management for a problem you might have, they'll just act like they care and brush it under the rug. And don't let somebody complain on you they'll believe them before they believe you. They say they have your backs and take up for you but in reality they're just so scared of loosing their job that they'll do anything to just stay ahead. If you're not a doctor or a nurse your chances of moving up are slim to none. So before you accept a job here make sure it's what you want to do. Vidant Medical Center has got to do better.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything