Vidant Health Employee Reviews

i enjoyed my co wokers
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
if there was more respect among the different staff members the flow of the hospital would be so much better the hardest part of my job is when the patients die that never get better.
Friendly and Productive
Student Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 10, 2017
Amazing staff and patient care.
Flexible and understanding personnel.
Patient centered care.
Team work environment between co-workers and other staff members associated within the hospital.
Great communication.
Productive and fun place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 6, 2017
Vidant is a great place to work. I left there because of a better paying career. I wish I had never left. I would work there again if I got the chance.
stressfull, money hungry place that no longer cares for their employees
RN, ANM/Supervisor Cardiac Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2017
Not the same facility as it was when I started working there, they used to be pro-staff and it was important to retain seasoned staff but not now! they feel everyone I replacableand that they don't have to do any better because they have a monopoly on the healh care jobs. they need some competition!
Great team work and management.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  CIUAugust 29, 2017
I was honored to be a part of such a great team. I would highly recommend anyone to work there. They would never want to leave. Just love the atmosphere.
Pros
Time off, team work, fairness, great leadership
Cons
Good place to work , have benefits
Health Unit Coordinator/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 29, 2017
Have been at Vidant for 30 Years like what I do need a change. Have had many supervisors come and go all have been fine. Have been there through a lot of good changes.
Still working progress
Supervisor of HIMS Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 23, 2017
Noticed that the facility is still a working progress with diversity and paying employees what they are worth versus being underpaid. There was bias and favoritism which still need to be dealt with overall.
I had many managers in the time spent there, a total of 5 the last 6 years
RN Staff nurse I- IV (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 21, 2017
As a medical school affiliated hospital I worked with a lot of great staff, physicians, educators and patients. I learned a lot. Opportunity to grow and excel professionally is offered, but you have to work to earn it and prove yourself to climb professionally or to advance.

Due to high staff turnover, and managers the last 6 years I worked, there were many flaws in the management approach to turn a blind eye to practices ongoing that were not safe, morally wrong, and if you were a whistleblower to events, they worked to make your life miserable.

Dictated if you did not obtain certification in your expertise, you would be demoted in salary. Many staff forced to comply. I obtained mind as a CCRN and left this facility after 2 months.
Pros
good benefits, physicians many were great
Cons
poor managment in some departments; favoritism upon managment with certain staff members
Large, impersonal atmosphere
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 16, 2017
As a travel nurse, you always got some of the worst assignments. Staff were not very friendly to newcomers, some of the unit secretaries were unbelievably lazy, could be very rude. Management more concerned about doumentation then actual patient care. Very, very loud at nursing station, I would be outraged if I was a patient!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor management, poor structure of management for nurses
Work Place Review
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 15, 2017
A typical work day was extremely fast paced. I learned a lot about nutrition and patient's diet. Management had some good and some bad. Work place culture was diverse. Hardest part was dealing with difficult patients and family members. Helping people is what I enjoyed most and I had some good co-workers I miss working with.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Not that easy to advance and not all management will work with you.
Experience
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed the experience I received from working at VMC. I worked in NeuroSurgery and loved it! The hardest part was staff shortage, but I always got overtime there which was nice.
Pros
Overtime
pay was good, had benefits but was very stressful at times
CNAII (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 30, 2017
This was the hardest job i have ever worked in my life on 3 west oncology but it definitely had its benefits. I was taught so much in the year i worked there before i left due to relocating. Sometimes i wish i never left.
benefits
Cons
stressful
enjoyed my experience and training recieved working with great people
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 26, 2017
Enjoyed my experience and training recieved working with great people. Long hours and walk from parking area, but staying active with patient care and co-workers was worth it.
Don't work in the IT Department
Client tech applications engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2017
The IT department is a bad place to work. The CIO knows nothing about IT. The directors that came from NY are over paid with no degrees certifications but force people under them to receive. Once a person receive a certification they promise a promotion that's a lie!!!! It's all a game to fake people to stay there.
Cons
Not a good place to work if you are looking for advancement
Pubnlic Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Vidant HealthJuly 17, 2017
Management is the worst. Instead of management working with you, they do not care about you at all. You got Police Lieutenants sleeping with Public Safety Officers and they are telling all of other staff business. If you are not in the good old buddy system you will not be here long. It is a job but not a career.
Pros
Employee Clinic and Pharmacy
Cons
Breaks that you have to ask for and when you do not get them it is a problem
Would not recommend
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 17, 2017
I personally have not had a good experience at this facility. Management does not advocate for their employees. They will quickly throw someone under the bus. I have never in my life felt more unappreciated. The turn over rate is so bad, and management does not care enough to fix this issue because in their eyes everyone is replaceable. They are also very unprofessional. Employees are poorly paid for the amount of work load given. This facility and department has much potential, just poorly managed.
enjoyes the diversity of patients
RN Staff Nurse - Pediatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 16, 2017
Wide range of patients to work with was very educating. Enjoyed working with my coworkers we were like family to each other. Enjoyed interacting with my patients especially those who were return patients.
Pros
enjoyed working with a family of workers
A Challenging Place of work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 12, 2017
A Great place to work productive. Very busy and exciting can not expect the same thing daily. It is a challenge to work at Vidant Health. It is a place that you will need to be alert at all times.
poorly paid
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 6, 2017
pay scale and hiring system are horrible. No fair way of selecting new employees. As well as understaffed. Employees are overworked and under paid. Moral of employees are low and most employees are looking for new jobs outside of Vidant.
Is a wonderful place to work.
Learning Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 5, 2017
Vidant Health and all of it's entities is a great place to work. You will find some of the most caring people there. However, the turnover in management can be a little unsettling at times.
Pros
Is a service organization committed to serving the public.
Cons
Turnover in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.