Vidant Health Employee Reviews in United States

Black hole
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 10, 2016
Chance for promotion is pretty much non-existent unless you are a RN or part of the good old boys club. Management preachs, patient satisfaction but then does everything to make it impossible to make that happen.
Could go on but really no point in that. Good place to get initial experience but then move on to somewhere that will allow you to grow in your career.
fun everyday
AYRCook 1 (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 30, 2016
this was my second most liked job,the employees was very respectful at all time.all I can say are great things about the staff.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Overall good place to work
Adult Clinical Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 25, 2016
Able to gain valuable experience from working in a large teaching hospital that is also a trauma center. Provides the ability to grow and also to teach residents and medical students, the instrumental way that dietitians have on the medical team.
VIDANT is a company that has continued to grow, one would have to be ready for change daily.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at Vidant Health starts off with opening the office and making sure everything is up and running for a great day!! The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my Administrator. He always has a open door policy and always willing to listen or guide you in any area.
Pros
Teaching Hospital / Teaching invironment
Cons
Team work is at a low point
Great benefits.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed what I did but the people I worked with were awful. Always negative talking bad about everyone. They told my boss they felt offended by a picture I posted--it was my boyfriend wearing a vidant hat and he was smiling. Nothing wrong in the picture. He is African American so I'm assuming that's why they felt offended. Needless to say I'm very happy to no longer be working here!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Environment
Excellent
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 2, 2016
I stayed in the army for 4 years , it was the best decision i could have possibly made , i encourage people who are in school to look into the army reserves
Weak management, treats employees mediocure, mandatory ovetime
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 17, 2015
Management not very strong, and does not support staff, mandatory overtime makes going to school difficult, especially if you work nights. Preferential treatment of day shift, and is never available for nightshift issues. Very wishy washy with promices made and will go back on their word.
Pros
Night shift staff is great to work woth
Reliable employer
Senior Staff Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 10, 2015
Reliable employer, but not many promotion opportunities. Work life balance is good. Pay and benefits are reasonable.
Great place to work. My co-workers are like family and day is very productive
Audiology-Speech Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 5, 2015
It's a great organization to work for. A place for growth and educational advancement. I enjoy working with a variety of people that love their job.
Pros
Fun work place and great place to grow
Cons
N/A
Organization full of opportunity
Executive Vice President (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 31, 2015
Fulfilling, mission driven organization doing great work in the eastern North Carolina region to improve the health and wellness of the greater community.
Pros
Reputation and service
Great working environment but the people will get really jealous of you if they see you working hard and being a great employee!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  VidantOctober 29, 2015
Employee got me terminated for telling the manager I was sleeping on the job perhaps the co worker may have used her phone to video me. She was the one who was really sleeping on the job. She was promised more hours by the radiology manager so therefore she got her promise for filled when I was terminated.
Pros
Nice structure of the building
Cons
Very poor management
Excellent teamwork
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 21, 2015
I worked in a very fast paced unit with excellent coworkers and management. Everyday was a learning experience. My favorite part of the job was the patients and families I served. VMC served me well for 31 years. The hardest part of the job was parking and the best part of the job was taking care of the patients and families. I truly left a piece of my heart in a much loved unit.
Pros
Autonomy to exercise professional skills and processes
Cons
Frequent change in a large organization that effected others in not always positive manner.
Challenging
CNA II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 15, 2015
Some days are better than others, but its my job; and I love what I do. Even if I cannot seem to see eye to eye with co-workers at time, what matters the most is the safety and care of my patients. Most importantly my job performance.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
Interrupted lunch breaks
Vidant
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 7, 2015
A productive company. Worked full time 72-80+ hours every two weeks. I have worked for this company for almost 7 years and have enjoyed the friendly employee environment.
The most enjoyable Part of this job..
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is saving peoples lives. I see it happen everyday. I have been talking to someone and they lost their pulse on me and we had to resuscitate. It is truly amazing to see and be a part of something like that.
Runnnn!!
Staff Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 19, 2015
very stressful work environment with caddy, mean individuals who spend the majority of their work day talking about each other and fake smiling
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
hostile work environment
A supportive working envirnoment
Policy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 31, 2015
The experience and management were wonderful. As a policy consultant, I learned vital aspects working in the public sector which were emphasizing the importance of having a strong ethic and resolve.
Having company parties
Linen Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2015
A typical work day is delivering scrubs to the pixy machines fro surgery and delivery linen to hospital storage's.
I learned to stock my linen enough so that I only have to make one trip to a certain area a day.
Management was very understanding to my needs.
My co-workers were quiet.
The hardest part was another employee from the night before not doing their job and having to do theirs and mine.
The most enjoyable part was meeting doctors, RN's and patient's throughout the hospital.
Pros
Discounted meals, down time to do school work
Cons
Completing other employees unfinished work, short on linen
career
Vidant Neurosurgery Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 24, 2015
Great place to make a career! I have worked on many different units and have learned a lot in my time here. As a RN you are given lots of opportunity to learn.
Caring and serving for patients, staff, and employees.
Food Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 5, 2015
Preparing nutritious meals, accommodating staff, guests, and patients, and being able to help others.
I have learned more on safety procedures and care for patients.
Management and fellow co-workers are people who help others in time of need and show genuine concern about one another.
The hardest part of the job is seeing and/or hearing about a patient that has passed on.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the positive reaction on a person's face because, we as a team, have made them happy.
Pros
Helping people, even if it isn't in my job description.
Cons
The high number of people, who needs medical attention for a long period of time.