Vidant Health Employee Reviews

Ok place to work.
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 20, 2017
When I first started working for this hospital I loved my job and the unit I worked on, when the new manager came upon this unit employees started leaving an going to another unit or just leaving the hospital i general.Management is for self and RNs.I was told by my manager that the RNs didn't half to help the CPs out because the RNs have their own work to do, (REALLY),were is the team work on this unit. Overall the hospital was a great place to work an a good place to learn alot of stuff, just need better management and team work. Vidant Medical need to recognize their CPs like they recognize their RNs and management.
productive and fun workplace
Nursing assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 19, 2017
It was fun to go to work there. Everyone was such a great help and good team players. I learned so much their as a CNA when taking care of patients and their families. The management there was great. They where always there when I needed them and work really good with their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was really everything. I love everything about the job and enjoyed taking care of patients and their families.
a place to work.
nurse assistant trainees (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 13, 2017
can be a fair place to work once they have enough staff to work. Management need to support the people they employed. The hard part of the job is no team help. The enjoyable part of the job is the joy you get when patient leave able to have a better life.
Pros
a place to work
Cons
short breaks, no extra ex. christmas bonus.
Good hospital
Registered Nurse in the in Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 27, 2017
Its a great place to learn being a teaching hospital, but can be rigorous work with lots of mandatory overtime required which can really suck sometimes.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime
Acceptable
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 27, 2017
A typical day is very busy with many challenges from staffing to repair request for broken equipment.

The morale is very low at the present time

The hardest part of the job is motivating people during this challenge time.
Pros
Employment
Cons
limited staff and staff dissatifaction
The IT Division is not run well. Leadership does not have the experience or vested interest in the community or the people at the hospital or cliniics
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 25, 2017
Unhealthy place to work. Treat people as a number and lots of finger pointing and lying. Very much a backstabbing place to work Not state of the art data center. Some good people have left and more to follow. Wouldn't join. It's where you go for career suicide. Wasn't always like that. Changed about 3 - 4 years ago when the interim CIO and CIO came. Downhill ever since.
Cons
Cronyism is rampant
Good people but short of staff, so we are over worked and under paid
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834March 20, 2017
7pm-7am, bed side report, vitals, trac care, foleycare, baths, cleaning stools and urine, chart everything, trash, check patients, bedisde report for day shift
Pros
work 12 hours so only 3 days, work with some good people
Cons
short staff, pay not equivalent with work, treated like we do not matter as CNA's
Phenomenal Company, Blinders on
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 9, 2017
It depends where you work. Find another hospital in the sysytem. You may have to work a MANDATORY 4th shift. AVOID THE ER. Pathetic and unprofessional culture with no knowledge what it means to "Care." Attitude towards patients is atrocious. Bully nurses who think they know it all (They don't).
They are currently working on their 3rd NM in a year. DO NOT accept ANY sign-on bonuses. It looks exciting, but it's not.
Pros
Benefits / Education
Cons
Culture / Attitudes
Great company
ASAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 8, 2017
it was a very good company to work for. Like the fact that they are willing to send their analyst to be certified. they also teach you all the basic of the application so you are solid when you are supporting and building.
good
Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 6, 2017
I love working with this company because of the work and how it was done and really getting to know the patients as well I love going in there room and just talking with them to up lift there spirts when they were down.
Vidant Medical Center
Unit Secretary/Care Partner II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2017
The most enjoying about my job is providing execellent quality services. We work as a team get the job done.Vidant is a teaching hospital.
Pros
Bonus
Vidant Medical
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Overall I loved the staff and management I directly reported to but the overall management at the facility is lacking. There is a concentration on paperwork and non nursing tasks when it should be more centered on making nurses happy in their jobs in order to retain them.
A great place to work
Staff Nurse I, Labor & Delivery, High Risk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Vidant Medical Center. They have a great benefits package, and upper management does seem to care about the well being of the employees.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 16, 2017
I worked at Vidant from 2008-2016 as a staff nurse, was signed in and relocated from NY with 2 years of experience.Started with a basic salary of 21.83/hr and by the time I left, I was getting 24.86/hr(with 10 yrs of experience!) Well I know I did not venture into nursing for money but when I expanded my options to the triangle area, my base pay increased by $10, which was a great deal.From hearsay, am told this has since somehow been fixed.
I got to give credit where it belongs,I have since worked for UNC/DUKE/WAKEMED intensive care units and I value the experience I got from Vidant.I must say Vidant provides top notch service,the place I will want to go if myself or family member was sick.Great place to work,awesome co-workers but I can't speak about management.
Pros
Great coworkers, unrivaled experience
Cons
management, poor pay
Awesome Job!
Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 10, 2017
I loved this job and also helping the patients smile. Workers worked together and on a typical day was good and management made sure workers were taken care of.
Great for growth and development!
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. Working with management and staff has equipped me to advanced from staff nurse to charge nurse. Quality service is a huge priority emphasized in care from each nurse and nursing assistant on our floor. I am grateful for my development here.
Big City Hospital in Rural Setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Top notch healthcare professionals equaled by only a few hospitals. The hospital grew very fast and processes along with culture struggled to keep up.
Pros
Talent
Cons
Too big
Ok place
Reimbersement (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Be better if holiday pay was give back and sick time. People like to deligate work to get off of their desk. There isn't really anything enjoyable about my job. The people aren't very caring except the nurses but not so much management.
Pros
It's a job
Benefits
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Great 6 month New Graduate orientation with a ton of skill labs, tests, hands on experience and training classes. Would recommend to any new graduate.
Pros
Lunch breaks always given
Excellent
Patient Access Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I was only an intern but working here helped me earn my degree and it was a great hands-on learning experience. By interning here for a semester I was able to finish the criteria I needed for my degree and now have experience to put on a resume for clinical job positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.