Vidant Health Employee Reviews

Don't work in the IT Department
Client tech applications engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2017
The IT department is a bad place to work. The CIO knows nothing about IT. The directors that came from NY are over paid with no degrees certifications but force people under them to receive. Once a person receive a certification they promise a promotion that's a lie!!!! It's all a game to fake people to stay there.
Cons
Not a good place to work if you are looking for advancement
Pubnlic Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Vidant HealthJuly 17, 2017
Management is the worst. Instead of management working with you, they do not care about you at all. You got Police Lieutenants sleeping with Public Safety Officers and they are telling all of other staff business. If you are not in the good old buddy system you will not be here long. It is a job but not a career.
Pros
Employee Clinic and Pharmacy
Cons
Breaks that you have to ask for and when you do not get them it is a problem
Would not recommend
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 17, 2017
I personally have not had a good experience at this facility. Management does not advocate for their employees. They will quickly throw someone under the bus. I have never in my life felt more unappreciated. The turn over rate is so bad, and management does not care enough to fix this issue because in their eyes everyone is replaceable. They are also very unprofessional. Employees are poorly paid for the amount of work load given. This facility and department has much potential, just poorly managed.
enjoyes the diversity of patients
RN Staff Nurse - Pediatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 16, 2017
Wide range of patients to work with was very educating. Enjoyed working with my coworkers we were like family to each other. Enjoyed interacting with my patients especially those who were return patients.
Pros
enjoyed working with a family of workers
A Challenging Place of work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 12, 2017
A Great place to work productive. Very busy and exciting can not expect the same thing daily. It is a challenge to work at Vidant Health. It is a place that you will need to be alert at all times.
poorly paid
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 6, 2017
pay scale and hiring system are horrible. No fair way of selecting new employees. As well as understaffed. Employees are overworked and under paid. Moral of employees are low and most employees are looking for new jobs outside of Vidant.
Is a wonderful place to work.
Learning Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 5, 2017
Vidant Health and all of it's entities is a great place to work. You will find some of the most caring people there. However, the turnover in management can be a little unsettling at times.
Pros
Is a service organization committed to serving the public.
Cons
Turnover in management
The people are very enjoyable to work with.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 4, 2017
Vidant can be a great place to work. I learn something new everyday.
The patients are good to treat. And so are the other employees, wether it be the housekeeping staff, cafeteria staff, nursing staff, radiology staff, transport staff or doctors.
Pros
working with great people
A learning enviornment
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834June 30, 2017
I love working here. The 12 hour shifts were very challenging. The staff can either make your day easy or can make your day hard. It all depends on who you draw close to when you get there.
Pros
Health benefits and 401k match, The ability to draw blood.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Stress
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 30, 2017
There is very little opportunity to advance or get a higher income. Going to school and getting degrees does not pay off. It is about who you know and not what you know.
Pros
Cons
Most of the upper people is about power, it is not about patient care or Vidant
A good place to learn and recieve educaton
Registered Nurse Full Time (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 30, 2017
I stopped working here because we moved not because I was dissatisfied with the work. The hospital is going through a lot of management changes and that can be difficult for the employees.
Pros
Good health and pharmacy insurance
Cons
understaffed
Not Bad
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834June 21, 2017
Just like any job, it's all in what you make it. You get what you put in. Don't go in expecting a higher up position. Know your role, work it and work it well. Be good at what you do for the patients and not the staff.
Fast pace,
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 19, 2017
I really do like being a ST wish vidants policies would allow techs to perform duties within scope of practice. Also wish they would recognize and compensate for certification
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 16, 2017
You get to help people everyday and are always learning new things. Working twelve hour shifts at night is still a fast pace world. You might have anywhere from eight to twelve patients. In twelve hours you take vitals keep track of input and output, give baths, change sheets, as well as help patients with daily activities. The unity of the floor I worked on was beyond one of the best I have experienced.
Pros
An hour for lunch, unlimited help from your coworkers
Cons
The work load can be a little much
nice place to work
NA2/Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 16, 2017
typical day at work is from 8 am to 5 pm Mon- Fri.I have learned a lot from working here like being patient to others. Management is good. Most enjoyable part is hearing the song for when a mom has had her baby.
New to company and area
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pediatric ICUJune 8, 2017
Fairly new employee here. So far I've enjoyed every aspect of working here. I feel as though everyone that I have encountered so far has gone out of their way to make me feel at home. I'm glad I came here.
Nice place
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 6, 2017
I love it!!! it is a nice place to work. They have flexible scheduling
the people are really nice to work with. I throughly enjoy the conversations between co workers and management,
Technican
Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 6, 2017
Pay is good. Employees are great to work with. Management has its issues at time, but everyone is human. Kind of hard to advance in a reasonable time frame.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To may (duties as assigned) suprises.
Great job
Diet Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 6, 2017
Great Job, Great Atmosphere, the pay was good, regret havening to leave this job due to relocation, I love building relationships with my patients and being able to satisfy their dietary needs
Pros
Built relationships with patients
Cons
commute
There are some great staff that work at Vidant
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 31, 2017
Over the years, the executives have some what lost touch with its staff and many times the nursing staff are push to work more hours and there are times it's impossible to take a break in twelve too fourteen hours work day. They may need to revisit staff satisfaction and placing value in they longevity employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.