Vidant Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed what I did but the people I worked with were awful. Always negative talking bad about everyone. They told my boss they felt offended by a picture I posted--it was my boyfriend wearing a vidant hat and he was smiling. Nothing wrong in the picture. He is African American so I'm assuming that's why they felt offended. Needless to say I'm very happy to no longer be working here!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Environment
Reliable employer
Senior Staff Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 10, 2015
Reliable employer, but not many promotion opportunities. Work life balance is good. Pay and benefits are reasonable.
Runnnn!!
Staff Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 19, 2015
very stressful work environment with caddy, mean individuals who spend the majority of their work day talking about each other and fake smiling
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
hostile work environment
Sodexo sucks
area tech (Current Employee) –  greenville NCApril 20, 2015
Sodexo is GARBAGE they want you do other peoples job plus yours because they won't hire anyone and nagg at you if you dont get i all done. When you are hired you get an 8 HR area and sometimes someone calls out, okay no problem but every other weekend they only have a handful of us here and expect the full crew's work.

I have worked here just under 2 years and i have had 9 different mangers. Its bad when you have to tell your boss were stuff is.

Its almost impossible to get a full time position, for as long as i have worked here i have been trying to get in a full time position so i cant recieve benefits. They put me as part time so i dont get sick, vaction time off. If i take a day off I get unexsued no pay ... I Get sick too!!!!

co workers are alright , you have to watch your back because alot will through you under the bus QUICK.

Now as far as raises go, I was just soo lucky to have started in a raise freeze soo i was locked in my pay for 1 year. When i got a raise every one did and it was $0.19 yeah you see that right 19 cent WOOHOO!!
Pros
work inside
Cons
managment
Over worked and under paid
Clinical pathologist Lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 3, 2015
My job at Vidant Medical center was enjoyable but not fair by way the salary received. I think that for the amount of work we do we certainly deserve to be paid more. Now they have stopped paying us for holidays but still are not giving us any higher salaries.
Great working environment but the people will get really jealous of you if they see you working hard and being a great employee!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  VidantOctober 29, 2015
Employee got me terminated for telling the manager I was sleeping on the job perhaps the co worker may have used her phone to video me. She was the one who was really sleeping on the job. She was promised more hours by the radiology manager so therefore she got her promise for filled when I was terminated.
Pros
Nice structure of the building
Cons
Very poor management
VIDANT is a company that has continued to grow, one would have to be ready for change daily.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at Vidant Health starts off with opening the office and making sure everything is up and running for a great day!! The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my Administrator. He always has a open door policy and always willing to listen or guide you in any area.
Pros
Teaching Hospital / Teaching invironment
Cons
Team work is at a low point
Excellent teamwork
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 21, 2015
I worked in a very fast paced unit with excellent coworkers and management. Everyday was a learning experience. My favorite part of the job was the patients and families I served. VMC served me well for 31 years. The hardest part of the job was parking and the best part of the job was taking care of the patients and families. I truly left a piece of my heart in a much loved unit.
Pros
Autonomy to exercise professional skills and processes
Cons
Frequent change in a large organization that effected others in not always positive manner.
Weak management, treats employees mediocure, mandatory ovetime
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 17, 2015
Management not very strong, and does not support staff, mandatory overtime makes going to school difficult, especially if you work nights. Preferential treatment of day shift, and is never available for nightshift issues. Very wishy washy with promices made and will go back on their word.
Pros
Night shift staff is great to work woth
Having company parties
Linen Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2015
A typical work day is delivering scrubs to the pixy machines fro surgery and delivery linen to hospital storage's.
I learned to stock my linen enough so that I only have to make one trip to a certain area a day.
Management was very understanding to my needs.
My co-workers were quiet.
The hardest part was another employee from the night before not doing their job and having to do theirs and mine.
The most enjoyable part was meeting doctors, RN's and patient's throughout the hospital.
Pros
Discounted meals, down time to do school work
Cons
Completing other employees unfinished work, short on linen
Caring and serving for patients, staff, and employees.
Food Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 5, 2015
Preparing nutritious meals, accommodating staff, guests, and patients, and being able to help others.
I have learned more on safety procedures and care for patients.
Management and fellow co-workers are people who help others in time of need and show genuine concern about one another.
The hardest part of the job is seeing and/or hearing about a patient that has passed on.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the positive reaction on a person's face because, we as a team, have made them happy.
Pros
Helping people, even if it isn't in my job description.
Cons
The high number of people, who needs medical attention for a long period of time.
Overall good place to work
Adult Clinical Nutrition Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 25, 2016
Able to gain valuable experience from working in a large teaching hospital that is also a trauma center. Provides the ability to grow and also to teach residents and medical students, the instrumental way that dietitians have on the medical team.
Great place to work. My co-workers are like family and day is very productive
Audiology-Speech Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 5, 2015
It's a great organization to work for. A place for growth and educational advancement. I enjoy working with a variety of people that love their job.
Pros
Fun work place and great place to grow
Cons
N/A
Team work among co-workers is excellent
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 4, 2014
I work in Palliative care which is a 18 bed unit. We have palliative/Hospice patients to overflow med-surg patients. We work 12 hr shifts. We have excellent team work and management. the hardest part of the job is geting close to a family and that loved one passes away. Even though it's better for that individual it's like losing a family member. We have wonderful pastoral service for families,patients and staff.
Pros
advancement, benefits
Cons
shifts are long and sometimes not enough patients to allow us to work
Nice if you are a nurse
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 6, 2015
Great place if you are in nursing school… Care Partners don't get the respect due to them because of their job title. The hospital overall can be very unfriendly at times as well… staff look down on you because of your status. Just the truth… sad, but the truth.
benefits
Cons
lack of respect
Excellent
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 2, 2016
I stayed in the army for 4 years , it was the best decision i could have possibly made , i encourage people who are in school to look into the army reserves
Good place to work and learn.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 23, 2015
I've worked in this organization for over 5 years. I've enjoyed my time here. Worked with some great people. Solid organization culture and leadership team. Great on boarding process, makes you feel welcomed.
Pros
learning environment, supportive culture, solid organizational culture.
Cons
Advancement opportunities
A supportive environment that enhances self performance
Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 7, 2014
Nurse on a med/surg floor for 12 hr shift. Active in unit meeting, learning opportunities. Floated to different floors when needed. Learned how to be comfortable and efficient in the hospital setting serving patients and families with a multidisciplinary approach to care. Great environment to work in with supportive management and co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being challenged every minute to change care according to patient needs and status. Most enjoyable part is accomplishing that adaptation required to meet the ever changing needs in a medical setting.
Pros
health insurance, 401k, paid holidays
Cons
long shifts
Fun working environment where work is not dreadful
Patient Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 14, 2015
I arrive, clock-in, greet my co-workers and my day begins. I learned the Epic system quickly and management is available if any questions arise. I love my co-workers, they are friendly and there is I have a problem. Hardest part of the job would be when I cannot help a customer with their issues as sometimes they just need a person to listen to them. The most enjoyable part is when you can hear the burden of financial stress lifted when a patient gets financial assistance.
Pros
Management and co-workers
Cons
30 minute lunch instead of hour lunch, not much time to eat.
helpful and maintaining the health of everyone because they matter
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 21, 2015
During my time at this company, I have made an effort to develop my skills and experience in numerous different ways. I have matured as an individual and my experience of working with others – both colleagues and customers – has contributed a lot to my interpersonal skills. I am also better able to see the bigger picture and how my role relates to the overall goals of the organisation. Having built up a broad range of experience, I am now much more productive in my role – and much better equipped to handle unusual or difficult situations. The hardest part of the job is making sure I follow and stay current with all the guidelines Federal and Company. I have done well in retaining those guidelines with the help of very knowledgeable co-workers that are always willing to help. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I make a difference in someones life and in this huge company I am relevant and matter in my everyday task.