Vidant Health Employee Reviews

Good people but short of staff, so we are over worked and under paid
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834March 20, 2017
7pm-7am, bed side report, vitals, trac care, foleycare, baths, cleaning stools and urine, chart everything, trash, check patients, bedisde report for day shift
Pros
work 12 hours so only 3 days, work with some good people
Cons
short staff, pay not equivalent with work, treated like we do not matter as CNA's
Phenomenal Company, Blinders on
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 9, 2017
It depends where you work. Find another hospital in the sysytem. You may have to work a MANDATORY 4th shift. AVOID THE ER. Pathetic and unprofessional culture with no knowledge what it means to "Care." Attitude towards patients is atrocious. Bully nurses who think they know it all (They don't).
They are currently working on their 3rd NM in a year. DO NOT accept ANY sign-on bonuses. It looks exciting, but it's not.
Pros
Benefits / Education
Cons
Culture / Attitudes
Great company
ASAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 8, 2017
it was a very good company to work for. Like the fact that they are willing to send their analyst to be certified. they also teach you all the basic of the application so you are solid when you are supporting and building.
good
Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 6, 2017
I love working with this company because of the work and how it was done and really getting to know the patients as well I love going in there room and just talking with them to up lift there spirts when they were down.
Vidant Medical Center
Unit Secretary/Care Partner II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2017
The most enjoying about my job is providing execellent quality services. We work as a team get the job done.Vidant is a teaching hospital.
Pros
Bonus
Vidant Medical
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Overall I loved the staff and management I directly reported to but the overall management at the facility is lacking. There is a concentration on paperwork and non nursing tasks when it should be more centered on making nurses happy in their jobs in order to retain them.
A great place to work
Staff Nurse I, Labor & Delivery, High Risk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Vidant Medical Center. They have a great benefits package, and upper management does seem to care about the well being of the employees.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 16, 2017
I worked at Vidant from 2008-2016 as a staff nurse, was signed in and relocated from NY with 2 years of experience.Started with a basic salary of 21.83/hr and by the time I left, I was getting 24.86/hr(with 10 yrs of experience!) Well I know I did not venture into nursing for money but when I expanded my options to the triangle area, my base pay increased by $10, which was a great deal.From hearsay, am told this has since somehow been fixed.
I got to give credit where it belongs,I have since worked for UNC/DUKE/WAKEMED intensive care units and I value the experience I got from Vidant.I must say Vidant provides top notch service,the place I will want to go if myself or family member was sick.Great place to work,awesome co-workers but I can't speak about management.
Pros
Great coworkers, unrivaled experience
Cons
management, poor pay
Awesome Job!
Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 10, 2017
I loved this job and also helping the patients smile. Workers worked together and on a typical day was good and management made sure workers were taken care of.
Great for growth and development!
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. Working with management and staff has equipped me to advanced from staff nurse to charge nurse. Quality service is a huge priority emphasized in care from each nurse and nursing assistant on our floor. I am grateful for my development here.
Big City Hospital in Rural Setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Top notch healthcare professionals equaled by only a few hospitals. The hospital grew very fast and processes along with culture struggled to keep up.
Pros
Talent
Cons
Too big
Ok place
Reimbersement (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Be better if holiday pay was give back and sick time. People like to deligate work to get off of their desk. There isn't really anything enjoyable about my job. The people aren't very caring except the nurses but not so much management.
Pros
It's a job
Benefits
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Great 6 month New Graduate orientation with a ton of skill labs, tests, hands on experience and training classes. Would recommend to any new graduate.
Pros
Lunch breaks always given
Excellent
Patient Access Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I was only an intern but working here helped me earn my degree and it was a great hands-on learning experience. By interning here for a semester I was able to finish the criteria I needed for my degree and now have experience to put on a resume for clinical job positions.
Case Management Assistant (Temp)
Case Management Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 25, 2017
• Under the direction of the Administrator Case Management assisted with completing tasks necessary to facilitate patient and family access to agencies, transportation, and services within and beyond acute care;
• Responsible for distributing the Medicare Notice of Discharge to identified patients;
• Educating patients about the appeal process related to their discharge via IMM’s;
Working with people is always enjoyable to me
patient excort/Transport (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work requires a lot of walking for starters. Vidant Health is huge and has a lot departments. I love helping people and taking patients to their appointments. I never found anything hard about the job, but I can say I meet several interesting people. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure the patients are happy and satisfied.
Pros
free lunch passes or accounted
Cons
constant walking
Productive and fun workplace
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 13, 2017
Workload varies, some days we are extremely busy and other days we are not. Staff work as a team and everyone works together well. Hardest part of the job, when a child dies due to trauma or sickness.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Hourly rate is way too low
Vidant Health
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at Vidant is great, awesome crew to work around. My manager is a great worker and knows how to care for employees as well as patients. My co-workers and I work very well together and made sure the job got done. While working at Vidant the hardest part of the job would be making sure that all information put into our system is correct due to a lot fraud.
Pros
Vacation Trips
Cons
Short lunch break
Fun & Supportive Environment
Credentialed Epic Trainer/Ambulatory Informatics (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 14, 2016
Very supportive workplace. The moral is awesome and the people are very easy to work with. A typical day is busy, I've learned a lot of workflows in regards to Billing.

The co-workers are very supportive and we have great interaction with each other. The most enjoyable part is being apart of the End User's success, that is very rewarding.
Too many changes in IS
IS Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 14, 2016
re-evaluate your current position, too many changes in IS, the original people are great, the transplants are not so- watch your back, be careful what you share

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.