Vidant Health Employee Reviews

Growing organization
Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse I (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 15, 2017
I worked at Vidant when it was known as Pitt County Memorial Hospital. Very good institution to be a part of... great work environment and great colleagues.
Security of your job is good
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 15, 2017
Secured job, they do encourage continued education if desired, lunches are discounted for employees, breaks on most floors are short, but great company benefits.
fun and exciting place to work
Advanced Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 12, 2017
with this company, you do have select days off. Have time to do things and spend with your family but the pay sucks. This company could increase pay for jobs and bigger and better bonuses
Pros
days off, and work every other weekend
Cons
not enough money
Keep Looking
Staff Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 10, 2017
The nursing staff is overworked and underpaid for all that they do. There is really no appreciation shown. Nurses have no say in how the unit that they work is run.
Excellent educational support and team oriented focus of patient care deliver
Professional Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 5, 2017
New graduate residency is an awesome program to assist new graduates into the 'real world' of nursing. The nurse education team assists with teamwork and knowledge for application of nursing knowledge, practices, and theories to improve patient care and outcomes.
Pros
largest health organization in Eastern NC
Cons
units are short staffed at times
Great working here
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 4, 2017
I love vidant health its a great company to work for. The benefits are great and the pay is ok. The worst thing is that you have to park along ways from the building.
Fun people!
Volunteen (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 27, 2017
I only worked as a volunteen which was mostly running errands or answering phones. The people I worked with were super fun & entertaining! I got somewhat bored at times (as sitting waiting for a phone to ring isn't the most fun job) & sometimes people were rude that would call. You have to have good social skills to be a good volunteen.
Pros
Good Environment, easy job
Cons
Was boring
Ok place to work.
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 20, 2017
When I first started working for this hospital I loved my job and the unit I worked on, when the new manager came upon this unit employees started leaving an going to another unit or just leaving the hospital i general.Management is for self and RNs.I was told by my manager that the RNs didn't half to help the CPs out because the RNs have their own work to do, (REALLY),were is the team work on this unit. Overall the hospital was a great place to work an a good place to learn alot of stuff, just need better management and team work. Vidant Medical need to recognize their CPs like they recognize their RNs and management.
productive and fun workplace
Nursing assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 19, 2017
It was fun to go to work there. Everyone was such a great help and good team players. I learned so much their as a CNA when taking care of patients and their families. The management there was great. They where always there when I needed them and work really good with their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was really everything. I love everything about the job and enjoyed taking care of patients and their families.
a place to work.
nurse assistant trainees (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 13, 2017
can be a fair place to work once they have enough staff to work. Management need to support the people they employed. The hard part of the job is no team help. The enjoyable part of the job is the joy you get when patient leave able to have a better life.
Pros
a place to work
Cons
short breaks, no extra ex. christmas bonus.
Good hospital
Registered Nurse in the in Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 27, 2017
Its a great place to learn being a teaching hospital, but can be rigorous work with lots of mandatory overtime required which can really suck sometimes.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime
Acceptable
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 27, 2017
A typical day is very busy with many challenges from staffing to repair request for broken equipment.

The morale is very low at the present time

The hardest part of the job is motivating people during this challenge time.
Pros
Employment
Cons
limited staff and staff dissatifaction
The IT Division is not run well. Leadership does not have the experience or vested interest in the community or the people at the hospital or cliniics
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 25, 2017
Unhealthy place to work. Treat people as a number and lots of finger pointing and lying. Very much a backstabbing place to work Not state of the art data center. Some good people have left and more to follow. Wouldn't join. It's where you go for career suicide. Wasn't always like that. Changed about 3 - 4 years ago when the interim CIO and CIO came. Downhill ever since.
Cons
Cronyism is rampant
Good people but short of staff, so we are over worked and under paid
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834March 20, 2017
7pm-7am, bed side report, vitals, trac care, foleycare, baths, cleaning stools and urine, chart everything, trash, check patients, bedisde report for day shift
Pros
work 12 hours so only 3 days, work with some good people
Cons
short staff, pay not equivalent with work, treated like we do not matter as CNA's
Phenomenal Company, Blinders on
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 9, 2017
It depends where you work. Find another hospital in the sysytem. You may have to work a MANDATORY 4th shift. AVOID THE ER. Pathetic and unprofessional culture with no knowledge what it means to "Care." Attitude towards patients is atrocious. Bully nurses who think they know it all (They don't).
They are currently working on their 3rd NM in a year. DO NOT accept ANY sign-on bonuses. It looks exciting, but it's not.
Pros
Benefits / Education
Cons
Culture / Attitudes
Great company
ASAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 8, 2017
it was a very good company to work for. Like the fact that they are willing to send their analyst to be certified. they also teach you all the basic of the application so you are solid when you are supporting and building.
good
Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 6, 2017
I love working with this company because of the work and how it was done and really getting to know the patients as well I love going in there room and just talking with them to up lift there spirts when they were down.
Vidant Medical Center
Unit Secretary/Care Partner II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2017
The most enjoying about my job is providing execellent quality services. We work as a team get the job done.Vidant is a teaching hospital.
Pros
Bonus
Vidant Medical
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 28, 2017
Overall I loved the staff and management I directly reported to but the overall management at the facility is lacking. There is a concentration on paperwork and non nursing tasks when it should be more centered on making nurses happy in their jobs in order to retain them.
A great place to work
Staff Nurse I, Labor & Delivery, High Risk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Vidant Medical Center. They have a great benefits package, and upper management does seem to care about the well being of the employees.