Vidant Medical Center

Vidant Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Great
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Greenville, ncApril 16, 2015
Great company. Love my co workers. Competitive pay. Hours aren't bad. wish had more openings. Cares about patient and patient safety.
Not all good
Carepartner (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 9, 2015
The pay is okay, but the work load can be heavy as a carepartner and the unit staff doesn't seem to care. Care partner to patient ratio is about 1:20 depending on what unit your on. I just depends on the unit, and whether or not you can get the assistance you need because some staff are lazy.
Receptionist/Clerk Typist I (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: patient care, management
Typical day at work consists of team work and pulling together for a common goal. The management is great and so are the co-workers. The most enjoyable part is helping the patients.
Nice if you are a nurse
Care Partner (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of respect
Great place if you are in nursing school… Care Partners don't get the respect due to them because of their job title. The hospital overall can be very unfriendly at times as well… staff look down on you because of your status. Just the truth… sad, but the truth.
Enjoyable,fun,safe enviroment
CNA (Former Employee), Greenville,NorthcarolinaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: wonderful co workers!
Worked with pediatrics,oncology,sedations and sickle cell disease.
took and recorded vitals
Performed cathetors
Cleaned and suctioned trachs
monitored patients undergoing sedations and as well as patients receiving blood transfusions and chemotherapy.
transferred patients.
removed nasal tubes.
took meals and assisted with feedings.
assited patients with dressing and changing
The first four year working at Vidant was pleasant. The last four years deteriating.
Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee), Ayden, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: working every other weekend
Cons: short breaks, and attending staff meeting after pulling twelve hours.
A typical day is normally great. Things I have learn working with patients, family, and co-worker is patience. Throughout my career co-workers have been very helpful and tend to apply teamwork. The hardest part of my job is putting a decease patient in a body bag. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a patient improve with their health, and able to go home.
Great place to work. Seeing lives saved everyday!
Supply Clerk (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Working at Vidant Medical Center has opened me up to many different and life changing experiences. My co-workers are a close knit, family type group of people. The hardest part of my job is the toll it takes on my body but I love meeting new patients everyday. I enjoy the different types of personalities I see on a daily basis. A normal day at work for me is 8 hours of constant moving. With this job I have learned to go with the flow and strive to do what is necessary to get the job done.
Great learning environment
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: work schedule
Cons: personalities of management
Had the opportunity to learn various skills on the job. Worked with team players. Hardest part of my job was not having emotional connection with patients. I enjoyed my work schedule.
Wonderful facility
Care Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: n/a
I loved the family atmosphere. The spiritual era surrounding the facility is a breath of fresh air
Great facility to be employeed by.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCDecember 13, 2014
Vidant Medical Center is a great facility to work for, focusing on exceptional patient care & quality, excelling in making community based care a priority.
too big business
RNI (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: poor management
12hr rotating shifts, intense. Unfriendly management and coworkers. Decent pay for ICU RN. When the hospital went from Pitt Memorial to Vidant Medical the morale for employees drastically decreased. The hospital work requirements became unreasonable. I loved the patients and families though.
Great training residency
Residency (Current Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 13, 2014
I learned wound care, EMG/NCS, amputee, stroke, pain management, trigger points, botox/phenol injections, baclofen pumps. loved working with patients who cared about their health.
fun place to work
Medical Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good food on special occasions
Cons: got short breaks or no breaks at all
greeting & helping patients, learned different parts of the body through x-rays, management was never around to know what was going on, she had favorite people, worked good with my co-workers, the hardest part was dealing with the co-workers that worked on a different shift, the most enjoyable part of my job is that I liked what I did, and time to go at the end of my shift! :)
awsome place to work with great benefits
Central Services Area Technician (Current Employee), greenville,ncOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits and free gym membership
Cons: promised to have a busy day every day
a typical work day consist of me making deliverys, cleaning and sterilizing beds and surgical equipment. I learned the proper way to clean equipment and what the devices used for surgery where called and what they did
Great learning environment
Information Services Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 6, 2014
Great learning environment. Great place to work. Love the way we help not only the customers but each other each and every day.
Team work among co-workers is excellent
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 4, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits
Cons: shifts are long and sometimes not enough patients to allow us to work
I work in Palliative care which is a 18 bed unit. We have palliative/Hospice patients to overflow med-surg patients. We work 12 hr shifts. We have excellent team work and management. the hardest part of the job is geting close to a family and that loved one passes away. Even though it's better for that individual it's like losing a family member. We have wonderful pastoral service for families,patients and staff.
Teaching Hospital
Volunteer (Current Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: i can advance both personality and prfessionally
Cons: this job will be rewarding and challeging
Joining the medical center is rewarding to me.. Why! When I began working there it was a maze and had to learned my north, south, east and west. Their are 14 health centers and programs in the facility and I am going to school for Healthcare. Vidant is continuing growing and has expanded service throughout the region of East Carolina.
Utilization Review Specialist
Utilization Review Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 25, 2014
1. Review physical charts in Pre Anesthesia Care Unit for admission orders, insurance information, history and physical, operative consents. Entered into excel sheet the above information.
2. Upon returning to my desk I check the electronic chart for admission orders, history and physical.
3. Once patient arrives enter information in Utilization Review tool using Milliman Guidelines ie: arrival time, enter the CPT codes for procedures and whether procedure is a Inpatient only or is it Outpatient procedure.
4. Post operatively complete the review of patient surgery and set next review date.
If the patient does not meet inpatient criteria or has inpatient orders but does not meet criteria will then send for a second level physician review. Determinations of second level review are discussed with Attending if order change is needed.
I am a passionate patient advocate and this job allows me continue being that advocate.
The most difficult part of the job is trying to contact the Surgeons about the need to discussion determinations.
Good place to work for benefits and decent pay, management and coworkers could be better.
Food Service Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits and decent pay, can lead to better opportunities within the hospital
Cons: coworkers (not just from your own department)
In my position at the Heart Center I serve (I do not cook) the food by making patients trays and placing them in a delivery cart for care partners to deliver. I also have to wash the soiled dishes and serving utensils as well as keep a clean single person kitchen. The job does not require a lot of supervision which is where i believe the negatives of the job come from. Our single person kitchens, which there are four of, are separate from the main kitchen where the management is and they do not come to visit us often. This leaves room for a lot of slack among my coworkers as well as immediate supervisors and which can be very frustrating when they decide to procrastinate and goof off. We have just switched new management companies this past July. The new managers seem friendly but their companies promise to the hospital of saving money seems to be gradually adding more work to the employees of which I am not 100% sure that some positions can handle. The job itself is fairly easy and pay is decent along with the benefits but coworkers make the job harder than it should be. There is also not many opportunities to advance within the food department, normally you would need to switch departments in order to gain a higher status but this job is a good way to get your foot in the door at the hospital.
not enough employees for qulity work.
Area Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: they do not have enough employees. for the task.
Cons: health care
Your work day you never know were you going to be. will not recommend anyone to work there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vidant Medical Center

As a regional healthcare system in eastern North Carolina, Vidant Medical Center works hard every day to improve the health of – Read more

Vidant Medical Center Photos