Vidant Medical Center

Vidant Medical Center Employer Reviews

Wonderful facility
Care Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: n/a
I loved the family atmosphere. The spiritual era surrounding the facility is a breath of fresh air
Great facility to be employeed by.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCDecember 13, 2014
Vidant Medical Center is a great facility to work for, focusing on exceptional patient care & quality, excelling in making community based care a priority.
too big business
RNI (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: poor management
12hr rotating shifts, intense. Unfriendly management and coworkers. Decent pay for ICU RN. When the hospital went from Pitt Memorial to Vidant Medical the morale for employees drastically decreased. The hospital work requirements became unreasonable. I loved the patients and families though.
Great training residency
Residency (Current Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 13, 2014
I learned wound care, EMG/NCS, amputee, stroke, pain management, trigger points, botox/phenol injections, baclofen pumps. loved working with patients who cared about their health.
fun place to work
Medical Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good food on special occasions
Cons: got short breaks or no breaks at all
greeting & helping patients, learned different parts of the body through x-rays, management was never around to know what was going on, she had favorite people, worked good with my co-workers, the hardest part was dealing with the co-workers that worked on a different shift, the most enjoyable part of my job is that I liked what I did, and time to go at the end of my shift! :)
awsome place to work with great benefits
Central Services Area Technician (Current Employee), greenville,ncOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits and free gym membership
Cons: promised to have a busy day every day
a typical work day consist of me making deliverys, cleaning and sterilizing beds and surgical equipment. I learned the proper way to clean equipment and what the devices used for surgery where called and what they did
Great learning environment
Information Services Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 6, 2014
Great learning environment. Great place to work. Love the way we help not only the customers but each other each and every day.
Team work among co-workers is excellent
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 4, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits
Cons: shifts are long and sometimes not enough patients to allow us to work
I work in Palliative care which is a 18 bed unit. We have palliative/Hospice patients to overflow med-surg patients. We work 12 hr shifts. We have excellent team work and management. the hardest part of the job is geting close to a family and that loved one passes away. Even though it's better for that individual it's like losing a family member. We have wonderful pastoral service for families,patients and staff.
Teaching Hospital
Volunteer (Current Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: i can advance both personality and prfessionally
Cons: this job will be rewarding and challeging
Joining the medical center is rewarding to me.. Why! When I began working there it was a maze and had to learned my north, south, east and west. Their are 14 health centers and programs in the facility and I am going to school for Healthcare. Vidant is continuing growing and has expanded service throughout the region of East Carolina.
Utilization Review Specialist
Utilization Review Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 25, 2014
1. Review physical charts in Pre Anesthesia Care Unit for admission orders, insurance information, history and physical, operative consents. Entered into excel sheet the above information.
2. Upon returning to my desk I check the electronic chart for admission orders, history and physical.
3. Once patient arrives enter information in Utilization Review tool using Milliman Guidelines ie: arrival time, enter the CPT codes for procedures and whether procedure is a Inpatient only or is it Outpatient procedure.
4. Post operatively complete the review of patient surgery and set next review date.
If the patient does not meet inpatient criteria or has inpatient orders but does not meet criteria will then send for a second level physician review. Determinations of second level review are discussed with Attending if order change is needed.
I am a passionate patient advocate and this job allows me continue being that advocate.
The most difficult part of the job is trying to contact the Surgeons about the need to discussion determinations.
Good place to work for benefits and decent pay, management and coworkers could be better.
Food Service Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits and decent pay, can lead to better opportunities within the hospital
Cons: coworkers (not just from your own department)
In my position at the Heart Center I serve (I do not cook) the food by making patients trays and placing them in a delivery cart for care partners to deliver. I also have to wash the soiled dishes and serving utensils as well as keep a clean single person kitchen. The job does not require a lot of supervision which is where i believe the negatives of the job come from. Our single person kitchens, which there are four of, are separate from the main kitchen where the management is and they do not come to visit us often. This leaves room for a lot of slack among my coworkers as well as immediate supervisors and which can be very frustrating when they decide to procrastinate and goof off. We have just switched new management companies this past July. The new managers seem friendly but their companies promise to the hospital of saving money seems to be gradually adding more work to the employees of which I am not 100% sure that some positions can handle. The job itself is fairly easy and pay is decent along with the benefits but coworkers make the job harder than it should be. There is also not many opportunities to advance within the food department, normally you would need to switch departments in order to gain a higher status but this job is a good way to get your foot in the door at the hospital.
not enough employees for qulity work.
Area Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: they do not have enough employees. for the task.
Cons: health care
Your work day you never know were you going to be. will not recommend anyone to work there.
Healthcare organization
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 23, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, 401k
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities.
An acute care healthcare setting. Opportunity for exposure to the many aspects of acute care.
Slow Business Changes
Human Resources Data Analyst (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 22, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Vidant and have learned many things. Healthcare is going through forced change to find ways to improve and go lean. This makes the environment some what stressful because you can feel the stress from upper management and even middle management. I was not micro managed by any means but I believe the culture was just to up tight for my liking. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the freedom to take on special projects and develop my own technological solutions to improve processes for different departments.
Professional Environment, overall
Customer Service Rep; Cashier; Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: pays well!
Cons: advancement opportunities are not easy to get.
Very informative and offers a variety of training vourses often related to job duties. Yearly pay increases based on performance come in handy and are fair overall as well as the yearly bonus. Advancement opportunities are there but the competition for advancement is tough even for current employees.
Great place to work!!!
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: advancements
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Vidant Medical Center is a great place to work. The biggest attraction to this facility is the ability to advance.
Have worked three different units MIU, BGSU, CVICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great nurses
Cons: working with the surgeons, sometime not very friendly.
I set my foundation at Vidant Medical Center. I have learned from some of the best nurse's in North Carolina. A typical day of work consisted of getting report for my patients and monitoring them hemo-dynamically and personally during my twelve hour shifts. I worked with nurse's who believed in team work. The hardest part of the job was the short staff at times and having to work over time.
Great work place
Enviromental Services (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 9, 2014
Vidant is a friendly and compassionate environment. I enjoyed working near the patients and my co workers were very friendly.
Great ED family to work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 5, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy emergency nursing. I've met and currently work with energetic co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is not knowing what will roll through the doors and having to be prepared and ready at all times. I've learned a great deal since working at VMC ED. There are many positive aspects of working in a Level I Trauma Center, but as with any entity it also has areas that could use improvement. Overall, it is great place to work.
Very Good place to work
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 3, 2014
I am Patient Access Representative, I am a very responsible person. I can work independently as well with others.

1 2 3 4

About Vidant Medical Center

As a regional healthcare system in eastern North Carolina, Vidant Medical Center works hard every day to improve the health of – Read more

Vidant Medical Center Photos