Vidant Medical Center

Vidant Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great place for advancement
Staff/Charge nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great educational offers
Cons: short breaks
Offers great program for advancement of education and offers opportunities for learning. Supportive management team that encourage education. I have wonderful co workers that are team players and work together to get the job done safely and with care. The hardest part of my job is dealing with quick discharges and admissions that occur between the hours – more... of 5p-7p, on any given day shift on the unit. I enjoy the nursing humor we use to get through the day and love my patients that pick up on the humor and join in on the fun. – less
Moving up
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 7, 2014
Its a good place to start if you desire to be in the medical field.
Wonderful place to work.
Staff Nurse RN (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 21, 2014
The nurses and CNA work as a team. Management cares about you not just an employee but as family.
very fast pace
Food service technician/ crew leader (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: customers are hard to please
it was a good place to work. The pay is very good for what you do. The people you work with are great. The customers can be hard to deal with sometimes
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 4, 2014
I truly enjoyed working with and getting to know the Anesthesia providers.
VMC CVICU
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 22, 2014
Critical care environment of immediate post-operative cardiac surgery and vascular surgery patients.
Good job
Area Tech (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 19, 2014
A day of work could be stressful sometimes. I learned how to use scrubbers and burnishers. Management can be ok, my co-workers just like being there own boss. People are always trying to find something wrong with work. When I go home to my family.
Great Learning Environment
Radiography Student (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 23, 2014
I did my clinical rotations here as a student, and I loved the large teaching hospital feel.
Internship
Intern (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 19, 2014
I have interned on the Surgical Intermediate Unit for almost a year and I love it. Each day is different and you don't know what you are going to get when you walk into the office that day.
nice place
Behavioral Health Triage Counselor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 16, 2014
us about:
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Good old boy club
Telecommunicator (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 7, 2014
This as I have found with all law enforcement jobs is controlled by a good old boy club that only allows you to advance if you are in the "in crowd".
productive work place
Area Technician (Current Employee), Greenville North carolinaMarch 27, 2014
Pros: nice lunches
Cons: breaks
Very good co workers Management is hardest part to deal with most enjoyable part is meeting new people I learned to deal with stress very well and that we all are human and make mistakes.
Promotes a learning environment and uses best practices
Staff/Charge nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 20, 2014
Pros: we have pizza parties, celebrate birthdays and holidays, sometimes we just bring something for no reason.
Cons: usually short breaks, sometimes just too busy to help out your fellow peers
A typical day at work is usually very busy with admits/discharges. Our unit works close with our social worker to insure that patient needs are met on admission and for home. We work closely together to help one another out. Our unit is small, so 1 nurse may get 2-3 admissions/discharges on her shift ,so it is imperative to work together as a team for – more... the overall safety of the patient and proper care. The hardest part of the job is having admissions come late in the shift 530-630pm and leaving some things for the next shift to do, I personally hate not having everything set for the next nurse who will follow me. I enjoy talking with my peers and the doctors are wonderful. This is a teaching hospital so we are always getting new faces. The residents and attendings have been very helpful. – less
Great starter position
CHAPLAIN RESIDENT (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 9, 2014
Work was a balance of education and visitation. We were expected to get in at least 10 initial visits a day alongside any other follow up visits or referrals that we might receive. The residents and staff chaplain worked well together.
Volunteer
Volunteer - Greenville (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: death of patient
I enjoy meeting new patients each and every day that I volunteer. I have also gained a tremendous amount of knowledge both as a person and on a professional level.
Sales and Promotion fun
Area Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 25, 2014
Meeting new people everyday.
making comfortable environment for customers.
gaining retail experience.
teaching others customer service to make better profit.
Co-workers function together like well oiled machinery
Staff Nurse & occ.charge nurse, Adult Medical Unit (Former Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: team work from peers and cnas
Cons: short breaks to accomplish expectations, often short staffed
Bedside care of medical and surgical patients, 12 hour shifts, documentation via electronic medical records.
Great co-workers
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: will not allow a different way to get better results
Follow up of all denied or under paid medical claims, make corrections and collect denied claims, and get under paid claims paid correctly
Vidant Medical the place to be employed. Great pay, great management, and great opportunities to move forward.
Currently Carepartner/ pt advocate, Social Work (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunch break
Vidant Medical is a great organlization. It offers great benefits, such as health and life insurances. Also offers continue education assistant program, if you want to move up in a higher position.Vidant employers shows compassion to the people they serve and to their employees.My job at Vidant has taugh me to be patient, caring and be respectful to – more... others.My current position as a care partner, working with nurses, has taugh me to be an team player, working together to get the job accomplish, working together to meet the goal of the day. That is to take care of our patient and family to the best of our ability. – less
Never Ever Only If You Must
Nurse (Former Employee), North CarolinaJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: money will make your bills larger.
I worked in the Operating Room. I have never seen such a mess in all my life.Hire you, tell you one thing, do another. They are not a friendly place to work. Very poor management. The Culture is a dollar, not the patient. The OR's are dirty to. IF YOU NEED MONEY TO FEED YOUR FAMILY WORK FOR THEM. IF YOU DON'T, DON'T.

1 2 3

About Vidant Medical Center

As a regional healthcare system in eastern North Carolina, Vidant Medical Center works hard every day to improve the health of – Read more

Vidant Medical Center Photos