Vidant Medical Center

Vidant Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to work and learn.
Administrator (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 23, 2015
Pros: learning environment, supportive culture, solid organizational culture.
Cons: Advancement opportunities
I've worked in this organization for over 5 years. I've enjoyed my time here. Worked with some great people. Solid organization culture and leadership team. Great on boarding process, makes you feel welcomed.
Nursing Student
Nursing student (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 15, 2015
Vidant Medical Center is an amazing hospital to experience. As a student I experienced many different units. The staff are very knowledgeable and compassionate. There are many different personalities that I encountered which gave the opportunity for different opinions regarding patient care. Needless to say, much collaboration and teamwork was incorporated throughout my time as a student at this great facility.
Fun working environment where work is not dreadful
Patient Counselor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 14, 2015
Pros: Management and co-workers
Cons: 30 minute lunch instead of hour lunch, not much time to eat.
I arrive, clock-in, greet my co-workers and my day begins. I learned the Epic system quickly and management is available if any questions arise. I love my co-workers, they are friendly and there is I have a problem. Hardest part of the job would be when I cannot help a customer with their issues as sometimes they just need a person to listen to them. The most enjoyable part is when you can hear the burden of financial stress lifted when a patient gets financial assistance.
family oriented work place
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 25, 2015
Perform venipuncture , receive and collect specimens , send the specimens to the proper department. collect the proper tubes for the test that is requested.
LOVED IT!
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMay 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch
It is a very big place with plenty of compassionate people. The hardest part may have been seeing people in distress. The job was overall enjoyable. I wish I had the actual chance to work there.
Daily Task and work environment
RECEPTIONIST (VOLUNTEER) (Former Employee), Greenville NCMay 6, 2015
Receptionist Duties, and good work environment. Great staff and patient relationship. Work days are enjoyable. Not difficult pretty easy work load.
productive plaace to work
CNA11 (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 5, 2015
Pros: very positive background
Cons: none
................................................................................................................................I really enjoy working at Vidant Medical I learn a lot everyday the nurses are really an asset to me they show me different skills that are required in my scope of practice.
Don't let the Magnet status fool you
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 21, 2015
Pros: small discount during certain hours in cafeteria/coffee shop
Cons: No sick leave accrual, only PTO
In my department: the approved patient/nurse ratio is very often overridden, the approved patient acuity is very often overridden, pulls to other departments are frequent(and not because our department census is low, but because staffing is low in the other departments), extra shifts are mandatory, no vacation requests are approved during holidays(not very nice to those of us who live 700+ miles from our families).
SODEXO SUCKS
area tech (Current Employee), greenville NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: work inside
Cons: managment
Sodexo is GARBAGE they want you do other peoples job plus yours because they won't hire anyone and nagg at you if you dont get i all done. When you are hired you get an 8 HR area and sometimes someone calls out, okay no problem but every other weekend they only have a handful of us here and expect the full crew's work.

I have worked here just under 2 years and i have had 9 different mangers. Its bad when you have to tell your boss were stuff is.

Its almost impossible to get a full time position, for as long as i have worked here i have been trying to get in a full time position so i cant recieve benefits. They put me as part time so i dont get sick, vaction time off. If i take a day off I get unexsued no pay ... I Get sick too!!!!

co workers are alright , you have to watch your back because alot will through you under the bus QUICK.

Now as far as raises go, I was just soo lucky to have started in a raise freeze soo i was locked in my pay for 1 year. When i got a raise every one did and it was $0.19 yeah you see that right 19 cent WOOHOO!!
Great
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Greenville, ncApril 16, 2015
Great company. Love my co workers. Competitive pay. Hours aren't bad. wish had more openings. Cares about patient and patient safety.
Not all good
Carepartner (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 9, 2015
The pay is okay, but the work load can be heavy as a carepartner and the unit staff doesn't seem to care. Care partner to patient ratio is about 1:20 depending on what unit your on. I just depends on the unit, and whether or not you can get the assistance you need because some staff are lazy.
Receptionist/Clerk Typist I (Former Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: patient care, management
Typical day at work consists of team work and pulling together for a common goal. The management is great and so are the co-workers. The most enjoyable part is helping the patients.
Nice if you are a nurse
Care Partner (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of respect
Great place if you are in nursing school… Care Partners don't get the respect due to them because of their job title. The hospital overall can be very unfriendly at times as well… staff look down on you because of your status. Just the truth… sad, but the truth.
Enjoyable,fun,safe enviroment
CNA (Former Employee), Greenville,NorthcarolinaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: wonderful co workers!
Worked with pediatrics,oncology,sedations and sickle cell disease.
took and recorded vitals
Performed cathetors
Cleaned and suctioned trachs
monitored patients undergoing sedations and as well as patients receiving blood transfusions and chemotherapy.
transferred patients.
removed nasal tubes.
took meals and assisted with feedings.
assited patients with dressing and changing
The first four year working at Vidant was pleasant. The last four years deteriating.
Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee), Ayden, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: working every other weekend
Cons: short breaks, and attending staff meeting after pulling twelve hours.
A typical day is normally great. Things I have learn working with patients, family, and co-worker is patience. Throughout my career co-workers have been very helpful and tend to apply teamwork. The hardest part of my job is putting a decease patient in a body bag. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a patient improve with their health, and able to go home.
Great place to work. Seeing lives saved everyday!
Supply Clerk (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Working at Vidant Medical Center has opened me up to many different and life changing experiences. My co-workers are a close knit, family type group of people. The hardest part of my job is the toll it takes on my body but I love meeting new patients everyday. I enjoy the different types of personalities I see on a daily basis. A normal day at work for me is 8 hours of constant moving. With this job I have learned to go with the flow and strive to do what is necessary to get the job done.
Great learning environment
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: work schedule
Cons: personalities of management
Had the opportunity to learn various skills on the job. Worked with team players. Hardest part of my job was not having emotional connection with patients. I enjoyed my work schedule.
Wonderful facility
Care Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: n/a
I loved the family atmosphere. The spiritual era surrounding the facility is a breath of fresh air
Great facility to be employeed by.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCDecember 13, 2014
Vidant Medical Center is a great facility to work for, focusing on exceptional patient care & quality, excelling in making community based care a priority.
too big business
RNI (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: poor management
12hr rotating shifts, intense. Unfriendly management and coworkers. Decent pay for ICU RN. When the hospital went from Pitt Memorial to Vidant Medical the morale for employees drastically decreased. The hospital work requirements became unreasonable. I loved the patients and families though.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vidant Medical Center

As a regional healthcare system in eastern North Carolina, Vidant Medical Center works hard every day to improve the health of – Read more

Vidant Medical Center Salaries