Vidant Medical Center

Vidant Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great place to work!!!
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: advancements
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Vidant Medical Center is a great place to work. The biggest attraction to this facility is the ability to advance.
Have worked three different units MIU, BGSU, CVICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great nurses
Cons: working with the surgeons, sometime not very friendly.
I set my foundation at Vidant Medical Center. I have learned from some of the best nurse's in North Carolina. A typical day of work consisted of getting report for my patients and monitoring them hemo-dynamically and personally during my twelve hour shifts. I worked with nurse's who believed in team work. The hardest part of the job was the short staff at times and having to work over time.
Great work place
Enviromental Services (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 9, 2014
Vidant is a friendly and compassionate environment. I enjoyed working near the patients and my co workers were very friendly.
Great ED family to work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 5, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy emergency nursing. I've met and currently work with energetic co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is not knowing what will roll through the doors and having to be prepared and ready at all times. I've learned a great deal since working at VMC ED. There are many positive aspects of working in a Level I Trauma Center, but as with any entity it also has areas that could use improvement. Overall, it is great place to work.
Very Good place to work
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 3, 2014
I am Patient Access Representative, I am a very responsible person. I can work independently as well with others.
Vidant Medical is a place of excellent working with patient hands on.
Clinical Laboratory Support Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 29, 2014
Pros: vidant help with employess make a decision in going back to school to help balance their careers.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day on this job is to communicate with all cultures of people and help them to get the right service needed on a daily basis. Everyday there are new things to be learned in the medical field. I work along well with my co-workers as a team leader. One of the most important part of my job is meeting new patients and helping them in any way that I can. I don't find any part of my job difficult because I like working with the public.
Large and Busy Hospital Setting
Patient Escort (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 19, 2014
Pros: lots of exercise
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Transporting patients with varied medical conditions with safety of the patient paramount.
Great place for advancement
Staff/Charge nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great educational offers
Cons: short breaks
Offers great program for advancement of education and offers opportunities for learning. Supportive management team that encourage education. I have wonderful co workers that are team players and work together to get the job done safely and with care. The hardest part of my job is dealing with quick discharges and admissions that occur between the hours of 5p-7p, on any given day shift on the unit. I enjoy the nursing humor we use to get through the day and love my patients that pick up on the humor and join in on the fun.
Moving up
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 7, 2014
Its a good place to start if you desire to be in the medical field.
Wonderful place to work.
Staff Nurse RN (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 21, 2014
The nurses and CNA work as a team. Management cares about you not just an employee but as family.
very fast pace
Food service technician/ crew leader (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: customers are hard to please
it was a good place to work. The pay is very good for what you do. The people you work with are great. The customers can be hard to deal with sometimes
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 4, 2014
I truly enjoyed working with and getting to know the Anesthesia providers.
VMC CVICU
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 22, 2014
Critical care environment of immediate post-operative cardiac surgery and vascular surgery patients.
Good job
Area Tech (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMay 19, 2014
A day of work could be stressful sometimes. I learned how to use scrubbers and burnishers. Management can be ok, my co-workers just like being there own boss. People are always trying to find something wrong with work. When I go home to my family.
Great Learning Environment
Radiography Student (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 23, 2014
I did my clinical rotations here as a student, and I loved the large teaching hospital feel.
Internship
Intern (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 19, 2014
I have interned on the Surgical Intermediate Unit for almost a year and I love it. Each day is different and you don't know what you are going to get when you walk into the office that day.
nice place
Behavioral Health Triage Counselor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 16, 2014
us about:
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Good old boy club
Telecommunicator (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 7, 2014
This as I have found with all law enforcement jobs is controlled by a good old boy club that only allows you to advance if you are in the "in crowd".
productive work place
Area Technician (Current Employee), Greenville North carolinaMarch 27, 2014
Pros: nice lunches
Cons: breaks
Very good co workers Management is hardest part to deal with most enjoyable part is meeting new people I learned to deal with stress very well and that we all are human and make mistakes.
Promotes a learning environment and uses best practices
Staff/Charge nurse (Current Employee), Greenville, NCMarch 20, 2014
Pros: we have pizza parties, celebrate birthdays and holidays, sometimes we just bring something for no reason.
Cons: usually short breaks, sometimes just too busy to help out your fellow peers
A typical day at work is usually very busy with admits/discharges. Our unit works close with our social worker to insure that patient needs are met on admission and for home. We work closely together to help one another out. Our unit is small, so 1 nurse may get 2-3 admissions/discharges on her shift ,so it is imperative to work together as a team for the overall safety of the patient and proper care. The hardest part of the job is having admissions come late in the shift 530-630pm and leaving some things for the next shift to do, I personally hate not having everything set for the next nurse who will follow me. I enjoy talking with my peers and the doctors are wonderful. This is a teaching hospital so we are always getting new faces. The residents and attendings have been very helpful.

About Vidant Medical Center

As a regional healthcare system in eastern North Carolina, Vidant Medical Center works hard every day to improve the health of – Read more

Vidant Medical Center Photos