Video Equipment Rentals Employee Reviews

AV Rental House
Branch Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 2, 2015
Gear goes in and out. That's a typical day in operations. Some orders are small and some are huge. Staff is great to work with. Management needs to be more fair and balanced.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hrs plus OT. Good health insurance!
Cons
Work life balance
Great company with great future
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington DCMay 27, 2015
Awesome company with a great deal of potential. There will be many opportunities available to anyone who is ready to commit to the life. Requires a good deal of patience and communication as the day to day can become very hectic.
Negative work environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 13, 2015
Stressful. Poor management. Negative work environment. Employees were not very knowledgeable, not very friendly, and generally seemed annoyed. The culture is very unstable.
Pros
None.
Amazing place to work with a very family environment
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2015
I absolutely LOVED working at VER. The downsides being the hours can be atrocious, and newly promoted supervisors that get the Napoleon complex. I was a driver for over 2 years and loved it. guaranteed 40 hrs. Even when its slow they find ways to keep you working and on the clock, which is a blessing. I am still very good friends with over half the staff. My only real criticism would be the outdated process of trial by fire... promoting and leaving one to learn from ones mistakes VS an actual management training program. but seriously a 9/10 for VER overall
Pros
benefits are bar none!
Cons
70+ hr work weeks during busy season, and lack of training for new management/supervisors
High demanding job
Screens QC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2014
My typical day at work was fulfilling orders in a timely manner. Clean and fix equipment as needed. Fun and busy environment to work in.
Pros
energic and lively
Cons
A perfect place for advancement
Returns Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working for VER. Its a great rental house and perfect to company to learn A/V.
Pros
low pay
Cons
lots of overtime
Great place to work overall
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2013
Great company to work for and great people working as a team. Gauranteed 40 plus hours each week. Typically always stuff to do to keep you busy
Pros
lots of good people working their in a team enviorment to help
Cons
not always busy, sometimes walking around clueless as to what to do to occupy your time
The Worst. You will not get a raise or a review for 3 to 5 YEARS no matter how hard you work.
Projection Department (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 30, 2013
Worked for them for 18 months with NO REVIEW or possibility of a review or raise and my job required highly technical skills to achieve it, after working there and talking to long term employees it is a systemic problem from the TOP DOWN. All they care about is being there, they don't care if you are sick or have emergency problems you will be yelled at if you call in sick. They treat their employees as expendable products to be replaced at a moments notice and they regularly hire illegal mexican aliens so your job means nothing to them. The working conditions in the summer are appalling, it regularly reaches up to 115 degrees in the Warehouse locations with NO AIR CONDITIONING except for the managers offices. The normal people working there are mostly OK but the management is the WORST, DO NOT EXPECT A RAISE OR ADVANCEMENT UNLESS YOU ARE A SYCOPHANTIC BROWN NOSER, THEY WILL WORK YOU TO DEATH AND THEN WALK OVER YOUR CORPSE TO HIRE THE NEXT ILLEGAL WALKING IN THE DOOR.
STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU LIKE PUNISHMENT
Pros
free lunches every couple of months but not a regular thing
Cons
no raises or reviews unless you bargain for them during the hiring process
A fun place to meet various people in the broadcast industry.
Equipment Puller (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 18, 2013
Working with great people that take pride in their profession. I have learned a great deal about all the broadcast gear that is used to make a production succeed in the many facets of the entertainment industry. I love working with my co-workers because they are hard working like myself. I don't really think about any of it being hard because I stay ahead of the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the clients are completely satisfied with all their needs.
Pros
renting free gear to shoot my own independent productions.
Cons
not enough hours in the day sometimes.
A Great Company to be Involved With
Branch Operations (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILApril 7, 2012
Video Equipment Rentals is a company that rents audio/ video equipment to hotels, staging and production companies, television shows, and corporate events. Although the company does not operate the equipment, they have a massive, and constantly expanding inventory and works as a library for audio video equipment.

The work, depending on the time of year is constant and manageable. My co-workers and I were able to develop a rapport and a great working relationship and most of them are great people outside of work.

The management is very understanding with time off, but also expect you to work when the office gets busy. Nothing is more respectable to me when a manager can finish their work and be able to help the people who work underneath them. At VER, you are held accountable for your own work and very little micro-management occurs. There are opportunities for travel and advancement, and it is a great compliment when you are recommended for travel.

This company taught me great skills aside from learning the equipment. I learned inventory tracking, time management, working against a deadline, and logistical inventory control. The most difficult part of the job was the unpredictable hours during the busier times of the year, however I was able to take a great sense of pride away from the job when I would see my equipment being used on television or an event that I attended.
Pros
competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, cutting edge equipment, friendly environment
Cons
unpredictable hours