Video Gaming Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Small company; smaller vision
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 8, 2016
The company product was very interesting however it misrepresents itself as a small and growing operation. Its a small company pretending to be a big one. However there is minimal reinvestment and micromanagement to the point of inaction. The vision seems to be one of maintaining the status quo. The position I was hired for and was completely unnecessary given the companies overall direction. Even the information I was given about the position itself during the interview process was false. My joining this firm was a complete bait and switch in terms of what I was told about the position and what it in ultimately was in fact.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No diversity of thought or real professional expertise
Easy job, poor management and atmosphere
Production Associate II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 22, 2015
Before changes in management, it was the perfect place to work. Free lunch catered everyday. Positive managers who support and establish opportunities for employees. Managers who know how and what their employees are working on. Managers who are understanding and respectful. When some management changed, everything turned to dirt real quick! Turnover rate rose, and the overall satisfaction and moral of the employees took a downward dive. You will only like this place if you land a job where you get to sit on your a** all day. Production supervisor has no clue how to run things, gets no respect from anyone. Human resource will ALWAYS be on management's side. "What happens in HR, stays in HR" What a joke. Pay is okay for a job that all that is required is that you have a set of working hands. No advancement opportunities. They will hire someone from the outside for you to train into your spot. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Free lunches, Good benefits minus pto system
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2016
Love the standards they have set for their associates. Everyone is friendly and seems to really enjoy their jobs. This is a great company to work for.
Fast paced, energetic, growing company
Human Resources Administrator Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 16, 2015
VGT was a contract to hire position for me. I was the Human Resources Administrator where I assisted the Human Resources Director as well as all members of the HR Team. I was in constant contact with high level executives as well as other associates to help with daily employee relations needs. I was responsible for maintaining a smooth operating human resources department as well as assisting the department with all needs as the company grows.
Pros
free lunch!
IT Dept
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 19, 2015
Manager over Networking and Servers Dept manages by abdication rather than delegation.

"Sprints" are incorporated into IT. The Sprint does not seem to work well for a department which often times has to react to issues brought to them from colleagues needing issues solved immediately, causing you to put your time sensitive Sprint on the back burner.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Corporate IT Dept for Network/Servers
Learned alot
Field Service Tech. 2 (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKAugust 10, 2014
Management was horrible, it was proof positive that no matter how many times a company preaches Teamwork, at the end of the day it is really everybody for themselves at whatever cost. A true reminder that right or wrong the " all mighty dollar" rules all!
Pros
diverse customer base and culture.
Cons
private companies sucome to the corperate bullies.
over all a very good company to work for
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company in every aspect of my job duties, my peers, management and benefits.
lots of good people
Manager, Office and Facilities (Former Employee) –  Ruckersville, VAMarch 11, 2013
most folks really try to work together. still working on what the culture will be. it's a relatively young company
Interesting Industry but Needs Organization
Scrum Product Owner (Current Employee) –  CharlottesvilleOctober 15, 2012
Pretty good place to work but if you're looking to get through the day without wondering why things have to be so inefficient, then look elsewhere or be the type to just keep your head down and ignore it. Lots of growing pains remain and organization is always a struggle.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
disorganized
Productive and interesting
Production Associate I (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 1, 2014
Working in teardown, you learn everything there is to tearing the whole machine down and building it back up to a certain point. They are a great company to work for. My co-workers are like family, we see each other every day for 10 hrs a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself
Standard Corporate Meat Grinder
Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2013
With more than $200,000,000 a year coming in and only about 500 employees...you'd think they would pay people who actually work more than min wage.
Growing company with good advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ruckersville, VAFebruary 27, 2013
Fast paced company attempting to move into its next stage of evolution.