Would you like to be involved with building a cutting edge, never seen before innovative user interface and work along the side of some of the very best of software engineers? We are looking for an “out of the box” thinking designer with an entrepreneurial spirit, independent thinking and ready to hit the ground running; and take advantage of a high energy fast paced entrepreneurial environment. We're fun, hard-working, and share a passion for using technology to make a massive positive impact in the world.
Solidly funded and supported by large vendors from the media and consumer electronics industries and with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin and Montreal, Videri is poised to deliver a groundbreaking consumer product that will be recognized as a new and fast growing consumer electronics market space by 2015. Videri has decided to seek the next big user interface designer looking for a chance to showcase their work to the entire world!
Videri provides competitive compensation and benefits and a fast paced, high energy working environment with significant personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Create cutting edge, functional yet very lightweight user interfaces emphasizing:
o Clean, light, open
o Alive in fluid motion
o Black and white are colors too
o Gestures and touch
o Reduction of gimmickry and schmaltz
- Applied knowledge of interactive user interface design leveraging minimal use of objects to accomplish common UI tasks (e.g. file browsing, dragging, dropping, previewing, etc.).
- Have a strong understanding or familiarity with concepts around “less is more” or “…as little design as possible.”
- Grasp of theories and principals covering artist movements like Bauhaus with further appreciation for letting content speak for itself and letting pixels be pixels.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Proactive attitude.
- Team player and ability to work individually.
- Very strong communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Able to work in a diversified environment.
- Fast learner.
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, interactive arts or similar.
- Candidate must be a detailed-oriented person and quickly grasp new concepts. Additionally the candidate will have strong presentation, interpersonal, design and work management skills.
- Must be legally entitled to work in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- This opportunity requires a satisfactory review of prior project outcomes and/or portfolio.