Viejas Casino Employee Reviews

A nice blend of people from around the globe
Entertainment Bartender (Current Employee), Alpine, CAJune 18, 2015
Bartending in a casino can be a lively and educational experience for those who enjoy learning about other cultures.
My favorite benefit of working well with people of different backrounds is tasting the food of their countries...and learning some of their native tongue.
Exciting and great guest
Bingo Food Service/ Cashier (Current Employee), bingoMay 16, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: not enough hours
I see a lot of growth for me in the years to come if given the opportunity. The managers for my department are great. Food and Beverage is the department name.
it was a good and fun place to work at.
Casino Porter (Current Employee), Alpine, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good working environment, good supervisor
Cons: a lot time the food is not god
At the beginning of my day, check assigned restrooms for cleanliness. I check all of supplies for the day and make sure there is enough for todays business. I make sure the gaming machines are clean for the customers. At the end of the day I repeat this action to ensure all is ready for the next shift.

I learned that it takes a good team to make the work day smooth.

Its sometimes trying to help the customer and they are not very appreciative of your effort.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people , seeing my co-works at work everyday .
Waste of time
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Alpine, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: smoking, favoritism, unprofessionalism, union racket, trashy guests, poor management, ungreatful and disrespectful owners
Any time you apply for a promotion they find some reason to say no. It's a popularity contest. Favoritism,racism or just plain ego. You will find it here, I found it at viejas and Sycaun. Go to school and leave places like this behind you, were they belong !
No good
Slot Technician (Former Employee), Alpine, CAApril 15, 2014
Big on favoritism, poor pay, management not good. Nothing more tell your risk to work there.
Great for net working
Customer service (Former Employee), Alpine, CAMarch 19, 2014
Great for meeting all kinds of people. Was a great learning experience.
Great
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Alpine, CAJanuary 4, 2014
I worked on a team. I enjoyed my co-workers. I learned a lot of new things.
Viejas
Cashier (Former Employee), Alpine, CADecember 20, 2013
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: worked all the holidays
Loved my job I got to meet thousands of wonderful guest and some not so great ones, everyday was a new experienced.
Fast Paced Entertainment Venue
Expeditor (Former Employee), Alpine, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: good pay, friendly environment, excellent breakroom with a coke freestyle machine.
Cons: remote location, occasionally hectic and overstimulating, inadequate opportunity for advancement, reluctant to provide full-time jobs.
It's a nice place to work if it's not too far away for you, everyone is very nice and professional, but there are not many full-time positions available and the pace of the work can get stressful for those not used to serving places that get very busy.
My typical workday at Viejas Casino
Busser (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: benefits and happy coworkers
Cons: conflicting departments and frustrated managers
I clock in and start my day. As I walk into the office to collect my radio, I walk past many employees. I probably say "good morning" and "have a nice day" a hundred times each morning. Everyone is so happy and make the best of their day at work. Seeing and getting to know my coworkers may be the best part of my job, aside from the benefits.

I have learned my strengths and abilities at Viejas. I know I am not able to utilize my body for the daily physical labor that is required of me. I also learned how to break out of being shy. I am able to get to know the guests at a more personal level.
great people to work with, horrible managment structure and native ownership
Slot Operations Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Alpine, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: fast paced, exciting
Cons: low pay, terrible managers, policy and procedure based with no empathy
casino environment is fun and you make great friends there. Terrible management that is only focused on the bottom line for the native American owners.
Viejas Casino
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee), Alpine, CAOctober 15, 2013
A great Casino to work for, many people so there's going to be a lot of people that don't mind their own business. The Tribe was always great people to deal with.
Productive and Fun
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Alpine, CAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits, employee compensations
Working at Viejas Casino in the transportation department gave me the experience to work with others. It gave me the opportunity to interact with customers as well with co-workers.
Over all a very good place to work.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee), Alpine, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: good benefits, union, job security, great hours.
Cons: 15 minute breaks
Over all a good place to work, but it is very difficult to get out of dead end positions.
Great Place to Work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Alpine, CAJuly 1, 2013
Great place to Work, Got a long with all enployees, Working as
as Security Officer, I had fun.
GOOD EMPLOYMENT FOR A PERSON STARTING OUT IN SECURITY
Armed Security & Escort (Former Employee), Alpine, CAJune 10, 2013
A STANDARD DAY CONSIST OF MONITORING PATRONS AS THEY ENJOY THE CASINO ACTIVITIES AND KEEPING THEM SAFE.YOU LEARN ALOT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILL BECAUSE YOU ENCOUNTER A LOT OF IRRATE PERSONAL WHO HAS JUST LOST MONEY.CO-WORKERS LEARNED TO ASSIST EACH OTHER IN CRISIS. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS LOW PAY. THE BEST PART WAS REGULAR CUSTOMER INTERACTION.
Great team members
Slot Representative (Former Employee), AlpineApril 27, 2013
Pros: shuttles from parking lot
Cons: smoking environment
Heavy cash handling in a smoking environment. Great co-workers, but management never saw how important our service was and this position was eliminated
Fun place to work.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Alpine, CAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: many laidoff.
I worked on schedules and job distribution for 15 officers. Was on the Casino Floor making sure procedures were followed and guest were provided well.
I learned top guest skills with paying guests as well as employees.
Having to discipline workers was part of my job and I always founded it hard.
The best part of the job was dealing with the public.
Enjoyed the job got to deal with customers as well as employees on a daily basis.
Contact Tom Cureton Electrical Manager (Former Employee), Alpine, CAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits easy going atmosphere.
Cons: could not really say loved working there.
Was on call 7/24 did not mind. Enjoyed my coworkers and customer service. Liked the responsability of maintaining and programming all communication aspects of the company.
OK
Restaurant Server/Busser (Former Employee), Alpine, CADecember 12, 2012
Cons: childish and unproffesional management
This company likes to hire and fire people like they are just numbers. A great place to work if paying your rent doesn't depend on your employment with them.