Viejas Casino Employee Reviews

Great place to work with great amenities.
Casino Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Alpine, CAJuly 4, 2017
A work day at Viejas Casino is always good. My job consist of giving great costumer service. I am the one who provides the drinks and food to the casino floor. I like to keep a great attitude and make the guests feel welcomed. I usually like to promote the casinos amenities and attractions also what is going on that day. I've learned how to work under pressure better. I love working with my management they always listen to what I have to say. The workplace is enjoyable to work in and I feel comfortable. The hardest part about the job would be when your fellow team members do not communicate properly. This environment is very enjoyable to work in when everyone is working as a team.
Pros
Lunch Breaks.
Cons
Guests get away with certain situations.
The job can take a lot out of you
GRAVEYARD SHIFT MANAGER, CAGE OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CADecember 8, 2016
The staff at the casino is great. The workers have great attitudes and strive to provide excellent customer service. The life of working there can be hard since they never close and they require you to work holidays
Productive and fast-paced work enviroment.
CSA (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAMay 16, 2016
Very easy going, fast pace workplace. Dealing with all kinds of guests on a daily basis, going above and beyond to satisfy their needs.
Interesting work environment
Maintenance Utility (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at work can include sweeping, buffing, mopping, and many other cleaning activities. Co-workers were a hit and miss on being postive in the workplace.
Pros
Free drinks and salad
Cons
not team driven
Overwhelming "reactive" culture.
Superintendent of Construction and Trades (Former Employee) –  Alpine, Ca. 91901December 26, 2015
Overwhelming "reactive" culture.
Not able to properly develop "Proactive" environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job - working with the everyday service providers and trades personnel. The hardest working group of people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
fun environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJuly 23, 2015
if you can handle the cigarette smoke, this is a great place to work. The pay is good, there are various shifts that work for anyones life. The management are well trained and train well. There are always positions to move up to.
A nice blend of people from around the globe
Entertainment Bartender (Current Employee) –  Alpine, CAJune 18, 2015
Bartending in a casino can be a lively and educational experience for those who enjoy learning about other cultures.
My favorite benefit of working well with people of different backrounds is tasting the food of their countries...and learning some of their native tongue.
Exciting and great guest
Bingo Food Service/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  bingoMay 16, 2015
I see a lot of growth for me in the years to come if given the opportunity. The managers for my department are great. Food and Beverage is the department name.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
not enough hours
it was a good and fun place to work at.
Casino Porter (Current Employee) –  Alpine, CASeptember 8, 2014
At the beginning of my day, check assigned restrooms for cleanliness. I check all of supplies for the day and make sure there is enough for todays business. I make sure the gaming machines are clean for the customers. At the end of the day I repeat this action to ensure all is ready for the next shift.

I learned that it takes a good team to make the work day smooth.

Its sometimes trying to help the customer and they are not very appreciative of your effort.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people , seeing my co-works at work everyday .
Pros
Good working environment, Good supervisor
Cons
A lot time the food is not god
Waste of time
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAAugust 11, 2014
Any time you apply for a promotion they find some reason to say no. It's a popularity contest. Favoritism,racism or just plain ego. You will find it here, I found it at viejas and Sycaun. Go to school and leave places like this behind you, were they belong !
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Smoking, favoritism, unprofessionalism, union racket, trashy guests, poor management, ungreatful and disrespectful owners
No good
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAApril 15, 2014
Big on favoritism, poor pay, management not good. Nothing more tell your risk to work there.
Great for net working
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAMarch 19, 2014
Great for meeting all kinds of people. Was a great learning experience.
Great
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJanuary 4, 2014
I worked on a team. I enjoyed my co-workers. I learned a lot of new things.
Viejas
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CADecember 20, 2013
Loved my job I got to meet thousands of wonderful guest and some not so great ones, everyday was a new experienced.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Worked all the holidays
Fast Paced Entertainment Venue
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CANovember 26, 2013
It's a nice place to work if it's not too far away for you, everyone is very nice and professional, but there are not many full-time positions available and the pace of the work can get stressful for those not used to serving places that get very busy.
Pros
Good pay, friendly environment, excellent breakroom with a Coke Freestyle machine.
Cons
Remote location, occasionally hectic and overstimulating, inadequate opportunity for advancement, reluctant to provide full-time jobs.
My typical workday at Viejas Casino
Busser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2013
I clock in and start my day. As I walk into the office to collect my radio, I walk past many employees. I probably say "good morning" and "have a nice day" a hundred times each morning. Everyone is so happy and make the best of their day at work. Seeing and getting to know my coworkers may be the best part of my job, aside from the benefits.

I have learned my strengths and abilities at Viejas. I know I am not able to utilize my body for the daily physical labor that is required of me. I also learned how to break out of being shy. I am able to get to know the guests at a more personal level.
Pros
Benefits and happy coworkers
Cons
Conflicting departments and frustrated managers
great people to work with, horrible managment structure and native ownership
Slot Operations Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAOctober 23, 2013
casino environment is fun and you make great friends there. Terrible management that is only focused on the bottom line for the native American owners.
Pros
fast paced, exciting
Cons
low pay, terrible managers, policy and procedure based with no empathy
Viejas Casino
Food & Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAOctober 15, 2013
A great Casino to work for, many people so there's going to be a lot of people that don't mind their own business. The Tribe was always great people to deal with.
Productive and Fun
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAAugust 11, 2013
Working at Viejas Casino in the transportation department gave me the experience to work with others. It gave me the opportunity to interact with customers as well with co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits, employee compensations
Over all a very good place to work.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJuly 8, 2013
Over all a good place to work, but it is very difficult to get out of dead end positions.
Pros
Good benefits, union, job security, great hours.
Cons
15 minute breaks