ViewPoint Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Management too self serving
Legal/Corporate Secretary (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 6, 2014
Management is very self serving and does not support the rank and file. Also will lie without regard.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management
Excellent advancement opportunities, rewarding customer interraction
E-Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 1, 2014
Working in Customer Service at one institution for an extended period of time provided me with great insight on how important customer interactions are to a successful company. While there were many changes both within the organization and the positions during my employment, I was able to have many rewarding experiences providing customers with service that exceeded their expectations.
Pros
rewarding job opportunities
Cons
short staffed, changes in management
Fast growing bank with eyes on more expansion.
IT Operator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 23, 2014
ah the life of operations!

some of the early morning things I am responsible for:

- ensuring the EFT lines to VISA are connected/online
- verifying nightly backups have completed
- posting morning ACH files
- checking the automated phone system to ensure it is ready for start of day.

- running and monitoring foxtrot scripts to process VISA cards
- retrieving daily notices from the I series system and then sending them to the vendors.

- processing image statements after designated drop dates.
- in summary there are many reports and systems that are entrusted to me to verify they are ready to go each morning. Ask me!

We have a checklist to keep things orderly and ensure the day to day items are completed in a timely manner.

This job was a goal. To get a foothold in IT. Man do I love it. I learned a lot about how important a bank IT operations department is to the entity as a whole. We are the choke point in some cases. The first responders so to say. When something stops working we are the first ones to know and it is our responsibility to swiftly resolve a situation if possible or, if needed, report the situation to the appropriate superior.

One of the hardest hurdles I have experienced in an IT department is the clash of knowledge. Some people know a lot, others less so. I learned to swallow my pride and remain patient. Getting the team working together fluidly is much more important than my personal opinion of someone. In the end It has been an adventure that I have decided to advance from.

The absolute best part was being plunged into the plethora of technology (old
  more... as it may have been when i first got there). So much to learn and absorb! I'm like a kid in a candy store while exploring an operating system ... or watching it install. That is me in a nut shell.  less
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
learning how to deal with pressure from people who dont know the extent of my job role.
A place where one can grow and gain knowledge of the banking industry
Treasury Management Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano TexasSeptember 3, 2014
I started at ViewPoint Bank as a teller. They promoted opportunity within which I took full advantage of.
A typical day in my last position there consisted of assisting business customers with there cash management services ranging from but not limited to, wires, ACH, remote deposit, positive pay, and lockbox. As well, I assisted internally if a banker had a treasury management client present.
The most enjoyable part of my job was learning something new constantly and being able to apply it. Sometimes times it was complicated when dealing with an irritated customer, but I embraced the challenge of correcting the wrong.
All in all, ViewPoint was a great place to work, but sometimes we need a change. Hence my current situation.
Pros
promotes within.
Cons
multiple conversions.
Small Organization feels like a family
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 11, 2014
Great place to work, would stay if my position were not being eliminated due to merger.
Card Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 30, 2014
Good bank to work for. Offers great opportunities for employees.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Rotated to various departments within bank.
Developed strong cold calling and sales skills.
Great bank
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2013
Great bank, especially with people that are first starting off in the banking industry.
A great local bank to work for
Teller II (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 20, 2013
I work as a teller here
Hours are 9-5 as a full-time teller
I enjoy the people
I just wish management would hire internally
Pros
great people
negatives and positives of the company
Customer Service Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano TexasJuly 1, 2013
Non proactive very reactive company. Training co-workers in all true aspects of mortgage loans. Learned to deal with different systems such as chrome, Safari, etc. Dealing with the incompetence of management to find a solution before the problem existed. Resolving the real issue's of the customers concerns at all levels.
Pros
earned days off for a job well done.
Cons
procastination
Company Has Potential
Loan servicing (Former Employee) –  Call centerApril 13, 2013
The company has a lot of long term employees with no other work experience and these employees continue to be promoted without any education or certifications. Only a few employees are valued, most are treated unfairly by managers and HR. There is a feeling of us and them within the company because so many incentives are given to a select few. Bonuses, stock shares and even PTO are given based on your title. The annual review process isn't really based on your performance. If you score high on your review you wouldn't get more then 3% unless your manager is brave enough to ask the CEO for more then 3%. Some employees only get a lump sum of $1,000 for their annual increase. So it doesn't pay to do more here, it wouldn't be recognized.
Pros
depending on the department the people are nice.
Cons
pitiful pay increases for most employees, no more then 3%.
Professional environment but small firm feel
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 5, 2012
Easy to work with others, and interact in the main office with high level financial personnel.
Pros
bi-monthly lunch outings, semi-annual outings for off-site meeting
Cons
current office is fine but some areas are dated
It;s different her lol
Compliance (Current Employee)June 6, 2011
They aren't forth coming with information before hiring. Everything is twisted until you start and learn the truth i.e. you ask how much vaction time you get a year and they say (16). Not exactly true. 16 paid days off including sick an unplanned and only about 1/3 of that the first year. There are other examples but you get the point. Its a very 1970's compensation structure.