Fast growing bank with eyes on more expansion.
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: learning how to deal with pressure from people who dont know the extent of my job role.
ah the life of operations!
some of the early morning things I am responsible for:
- ensuring the EFT lines to VISA are connected/online
- verifying nightly backups have completed
- posting morning ACH files
- checking the automated phone system to ensure it is ready for start of day.
- running and monitoring foxtrot scripts to process VISA cards
- – more... retrieving daily notices from the I series system and then sending them to the vendors.
- processing image statements after designated drop dates.
- in summary there are many reports and systems that are entrusted to me to verify they are ready to go each morning. Ask me!
We have a checklist to keep things orderly and ensure the day to day items are completed in a timely manner.
This job was a goal. To get a foothold in IT. Man do I love it. I learned a lot about how important a bank IT operations department is to the entity as a whole. We are the choke point in some cases. The first responders so to say. When something stops working we are the first ones to know and it is our responsibility to swiftly resolve a situation if possible or, if needed, report the situation to the appropriate superior.
One of the hardest hurdles I have experienced in an IT department is the clash of knowledge. Some people know a lot, others less so. I learned to swallow my pride and remain patient. Getting the team working together fluidly is much more important than my personal opinion of someone. In the end It has been an adventure that I have decided to advance from.
The absolute best part was being plunged into the plethora of technology (old as it may have been when i first got there). So much to learn and absorb! I'm like a kid in a candy store while exploring an operating system ... or watching it install. That is me in a nut shell. – less