Viking Group Employee Reviews

Dealing w/ brass is never good.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIFebruary 3, 2017
Management is a joke. Nothing but yes men. Nobody ever sees CEO or plant manager. Only reason I stayed is because it was close to home.
Love working here
Warehouse Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MIMay 13, 2016
I have worked for Viking for 2 1/2 years Love it best decision I ever made. They have taught me so much and I love going to work everyday! Couldn't ask for a better company.
Pros
Insurance, benefits, pay, Laid back bosses, go to restroom when ever you need to get a drink when you need to, just everything is great about this company!
Cons
needs an overtime sheet just for warehouse workers
Need new plant manager
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 17, 2016
I worked there through a temp service. I was suppose to talk to the plant manager when I got there but she was no where to be found. I got dirty looks from people that work there and got the impression I wasn't wanted there from the start. The plant manager never attempted to talk to me until she came out of her office and yelled at me and told me to redo a part which she slammed on the table. This company is very small and trainer and managenment were rude. I will not ever reccomend this company to anyone. Couldn't pay me enough to go back there.
Pros
Small company
Cons
rude management
fabrication (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoAugust 20, 2015
Pro's
401k
co-workers help me with new task
If you work hard the others will work with you
management is fair and open
a good place to work
company is great to work for and they provide great benefits

Con's
- Excellent town for Family
- Fair and Impartial
Great long term stability, 401K is the BEST, Awesome opportunities
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at Viking is very fast paced as we work hard and smart to provide the best products and services to our customers.

Teamwork is a cornerstone to the success of the organization and is supported throughout the management team.

Management respects the employees and their contributions to the growth and performance of the company. As a result benefits like the 401K match are stellar.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MIAugust 19, 2015
I am able to work part time, which fits perfect with my family's schedule. I enjoy everyone I work with. I feel challenged to grow as an employee and to better myself. The hardest part of my job is sitting so much. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with; being able to be a strong support to my team.
Pros
Co-workers; flexible part-time hours
Great Opportunities!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MIAugust 14, 2015
Great teamwork, stable company (started in late 1800's), and great benefits. Management is fair and open. I've really enjoyed working here!
Pros
401(K)
The best benefit package I've seen!
Sr. HR Staffing and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MIMarch 23, 2015
This company is big without being bureaucratic! The health, life, and 401(K) benefits are literally the lowest cost to me and highest coverage that I've ever experienced! Viking Corp gives you the tools and training to succeed.
Benefits
Inconsistencies and many management changes
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MIMarch 19, 2015
Lots of hours and overtime is not bad. Can get burnt out from it all. Management has changed a lot in the 17 months I have been here. Very little teamwork in the departments and with departments.
Pros
Decent 401k
Cons
No vision plan, low pay, no consistent leadership
Productive Workplace
Assembly Associate (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MISeptember 27, 2014
A typical day consists of assembling sprinkler components by using machine operation and mechanical skills to attach deflectors to sprinkler frames and prepare items to be sent out to the warehouse for processing and shipment.
good local company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIAugust 30, 2014
Was able to go from a customer service representative to Customer Service Manager in four years with the company
Pros
local
Cons
family owened is not always good
Always impoving
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hastings MIJuly 16, 2013
Viking Corp was a great place to work. With the fire protection sprinkler industry constantly changing so were our designs, product offerings and manufacturing abilities. Management challenged us to think outside of the box for new ideas of improvement which made change productive and a team effort.
Pros
small town
Cons
changing upper management
Cell Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIMay 7, 2013
I worked very hard to earn a full time position at this factory. Unfortunately I was terminated for attendance. I however, believe the actual reason behind my termination is because I stood up to another employee, who was a union member and reported her for misconduct, bullying and her nasty treatment towards me.
Pros
Alot of stable hours
Cons
Poor management, bullying from other employees
Just like any other factory
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIJuly 18, 2012
You put your time in, get your paycheck, then you leave. It's that simple. Unless, of course, you lack an ability to follow directions and pay attention. Not paid much at the beginning, but once hired in, it gets better.
Pros
co-workers, paid lunch, breaks, and they're a union shop.
Cons
the environment on the inside is only a reflection of the day's weather; hot and humide outside, just the same inside.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viking Group. Our community is ready to answer.