Vilas County is hiring a Full-time Human Resources Manager.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all performance management processes, policies, and labor relations issues for Vilas County. This position exercises professional administrative judgment and initiative within policy guidelines, and promotes high quality public services by administering effective and consistent performance management programs, policies and procedures. Responsible for continuous improvement programs within Vilas County, expected to result in a more efficient delivery of public services. Responsible for the identification and implementation of the appropriate staffing level of all departments within Vilas County. All duties and responsibilities are performed under and are subject to the review guidance of the Personnel Committee and County Board as a whole. Specific duties include:
- Provides oversight, support and guidance on personnel and staff development
- Prepares and administers the office’s capital and operating budgets
- Identifies and implements performance management programs
- Administers employee recruitment/selection
- Acts as ex-officio member of the Civil Service Commission, and participates in all Commission activities.
- Reviews and recommends changes in salary and classification, and studies staffing levels and organizational design.
- Establishes, provides, and monitors training for County workers
- Administers and negotiates the health benefit programs for employees
- Maintains personnel files and records and acts as custodian of the same in compliance with Wisconsin law.
- Acts as a liaison between the County Board and supervisory staff, drafting and assisting in implementation of personnel policies and programs, assisting department heads and the Personnel Committee with disciplinary matters, compensation benefits, and other issues.
- Assists with labor relations activities
- Ensures compliance with the Wisconsin and Federal Family and Medical Leave Acts, American with Disabilities Act, and Fair Labor Standards Act.
- All other duties as assigned, or as necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the Human Resources Department.
Qualifications: 4 year degree in Human Resources Management, Public Administration or related field. PHR Certification preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
Salary & Benefits: This position is salaried exempt position. The rate of pay will be dependent upon the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications, with a starting annual range of $66,000- $80,000, subject to a six-month probationary rate of 95%, plus an excellent benefit package. Application Deadline: April 30, 2014.
Successful candidates must pass a drug screen, background check, and other potential pre-employment requirements. Application materials, including job description, are available on the County’s website, co.vilas.wi.us. Please return application materials to: Vilas County Human Resources; 330 Court Street; Eagle River, WI 54521.
VILAS COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.