Villa Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Uncomfortable
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 2, 2017
There are new employees every week and managers don't stay longer than a month and working there was so uncomfortable when the boss was there. I absolutely hated working there .
It's a fast paced environment to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Villa, However, they are somethings I feel need to be fixed. It's fast paced environment, so, you do have to stay on your toes. overall it's a good company to work for.
hard work
Farm Hand (Current Employee) –  Glyndon, MNNovember 14, 2017
its manual labor but you get to work outside witch is nice and it really is great to watch the fields change from dirt to saplings to full grown plants I do enjoy it.
preparing food for customers
Food And Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 3, 2017
At villa pizza we maintained a wide variety of food items for our customers. We prepared dough for pizzaz and rolls,salads, hot items such as parmesans and zitis. We maintained cleanliness to "make the grade" and provided friendly customer service to all.
Pros
countless overtime hours
Cons
sometimes short staffed
it ok
Hourly Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethel Park, PANovember 2, 2017
Villa is a nice place to work, if you are at the right store with the right people. When you don't have toughs there is no advancement in the store unless its from a DM.
Not really a career builder
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2017
Fast paced work environment, consistently have to be aware of surroundings. Pay is decent for beginners new to the world of work, no benefits as supervisor. Simple job, easy to maintain. Not really much room for success.
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 31, 2017
Good people and development opportunities. Great place to work. Ambitious company vision. Unique perks and discounts. Nice peaceful area and free parking.
Pros
Restaurant discounts
The job was good, Management on th other hand is horrible.
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 27, 2017
I worked there for 2 years and once the General Manager (Yousef) left, that place crumbled to the ground. It used to be fun, and then it just turned into slavery .
Horrible Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2017
The Management is terrible, lack of respect from employees and manager. I pretty much dreaded going into this ever since the new employment the manager treats you like garbage. Only certain people care about the quality of the food. Overall they just run things terribly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Very disorganized upper management. Shady promotion practices.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 10, 2017
- Upper management forces GMs to understaff themselves to make budgets ( had to work 6-7 hours ALONE to meet budgets)

- Horrible training. Received no GM training whatsoever.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, no contact with executive management
execllent job excellent staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 29, 2017
I had the wonderful opportunity to work with villa pizza in the vero beach mall I highly recommend that if they are hiring that you apply. the staff there is amazing including the manager.
Putting the wrong people in the wron positions
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Out of all the jobs I have held I will say villa was the worst. The managers picked the co-workers that they liked and showed favoritism towards the for example putting them in positions that they really didn't deserve. Other then a worker that has good customer service with the customers showed up for work 30 mins before his scheduled time to clock in and his work performance was excellent
Pros
Free employee meal daily
Cons
Didn't value some employees
bad hours and unsanitary work enviroment
duties of a cashier (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 26, 2017
It was a family owned restaurant at the food court at the north east mall. If there aren't people shopping, you get your hours cut drastically. There is no work unless it is the weekend.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
low pay
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, INSeptember 16, 2017
OK place to work not really fast pace pay not not great if u go threw a temp service. Not for what the pay is if get hired on FT. But a OK place to work
Cons
Terrible working place, Poor conditions and no work ethics.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 12, 2017
When I worked at Villa Pizza I was subjected to working along side people and managers that had no grip on what the workplace needed to be a clean and safe environment for both the workers and the customers, Hazardous situations such as rodents and bugs, to Things ending up in the food, and food not being cooked properly.

I would never eat there again nor work there ever again. In doing so and spreading word that the work place it provides is illegally conducted and poorly provided.
Cons
To many to list.
Fast paced.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 11, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers, nothing else is difficult. Although it can be fun, on busy days it can get pretty annoying and/or frustrating and stressful.
Pros
Free lunches, fun environment
Cons
Very hard to get a raise, not enough hours per week
Fun place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 31, 2017
Typical day involved: cooking, washing dishes, cleaning, prepping for the next day/week, customer service, supervising, and closing the store. Overall, great atmosphere to work in.
Villa fresh Italian kitchen
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 31, 2017
All though i worked there for over a year advancment was promised but never received management was very unprofessional conduct. Management was very lack want to make friends instead of driving a team
Not terrible
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 27, 2017
The working conditions were not bad the thing I did not agree with was that you are not paid what you are worth other than that as a manager there you get the hours that you need however the pay is incomprehensible enough for a healthy work-life balance
A really Culturalistic place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 26, 2017
I worked as a cashier i learned to make Stromboli never got to perfect making pizza. I cleaned up and shut down the pizza station. The culture was good because i t gave me experience in a real Italian Kitchen. the hardest part of the job was working with the roaches. The most enjoyable part was the different customers i encountered.
Pros
free lunch cigarrette breaks
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Villa Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7