VILLA Employee Reviews in United States

A Great Culture Coming to work was fun
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Ambler, PAJuly 22, 2016
Great company, Great environment and great people. The best years of my professional career have been spent there. Everyone is supportive of each other and we had a great time working together. The kids were a challenge but a great joy to work with.
Pros
The Kids. Making a difference in kids lives
Cons
The Closing
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2016
Setting up shoes in showroom and greeting customers. The management was not good though. My co-workers were nice and the job was fine. Breaks were long enough but some people weren't nice.
Very unproductive store
Retail marketer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXFebruary 1, 2016
This company doesn't care about the safety of their employees. This store in particular is the store that tends to get left behind in all aspects, clothes, shoes and over all apparel. Although the staff is very friendly and tend to build a good relationship with each other. Management lacks in organization.
Pros
Good employee bonding
Cons
Bad pay, no organization.
Fun and easy going environment
Fashion Expert (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Entering work I have a few task to complete to make sure my store is in order while helping customers throughout the day. The customers always come first so tasks are put on hold while they are in the store. Management is fair across the board when it come to all sales associates.
Cashier greeting customers and completing transactions
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
typical day at work was smooth. weekends was the most hetic. management was horrible, no communication or leadership. co workers was nice people and easy to work with. hardest part about job was the lack of communication and hours. most enjoyable part about work was interacting with the outside world.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 17, 2016
Loved my job, loved the company pay was excellent, quality of life was great. 42 hour work weeks, standard customer service guidelines. Very relaxed and comfortable selling environment.
cool job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2015
customer service dealing with different types of people cleaning an doing inventory. helping out the store manager an putting out clothes an shoes for customers
Very messy an Disrepectful
management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 23, 2015
I've never worked for a company where they were so unorganized an sloppy an never worked for a DM that is so rude an Disrepectful. Overworked an underpaid an unappreciated.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Professional Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
Chicago State University is an excellent institution. It's a perfect balance between reality and what to expect. It may not be the most professional setting, however; the culture and management prepare you for almost any situation.
a day at the villa
cashier (Current Employee) –  highland parkOctober 21, 2015
management is horrible and shows a lot of favoritism. A lot of lazy employees. A lot of rude customers. A lot of folding clothes. You don't get a discount on anything really but Nike well some Nike.

Want to know more about VILLA?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace.
Medication Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 16, 2015
A typical day at work was assisting patients with activities of daily living and preparing all residents medication. I learned all abbreviations for everyone residents medication. The management team trained me as a medication technician and guided me to work as a supervisor during the evening shift. My co-workers worked by side during the beginning of my shift assisting residents serving meals and preparing them for family outings. The hardest part of the job was sending patients to the hospital in a time of an emergency. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving meals and preparing dinner for the residents.
Poor commitment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 28, 2015
Unstable environment, with new management almost every week, they are unwilling to give raises and there is no room for growth.
A very cheap company and they lack benefits.
Okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 6, 2015
For the most part at villa it was always something to do, it wasn't to bad of job in the beginning it was great after while it became dreadful. I learned that you aren't always going to get along with your coworkers and that there isn't much you can do about it because work is work. the most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers and laughing with them and helping them out. there wasn't anything hard about the job, the management was cool but it wasn't like your average job.
Pros
Friendly
Great Discount
Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2015
The employee discount is the best thing this company has to offer! They could care less about you having other priorities and responsibilties outside of this company. If it was not for the discount I would have left long ago.
A great start for management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
I come in and open and close the store I create schedules for employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom. The hardest part of the job is not knowing how secure you are at your job.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
expensive healthcare
Beautiful place to work and live
Lead Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PV, MXSeptember 24, 2014
Each day was exciting and new. Got to meet and worked with people from all over the world
Produtive, fun work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2014
Productive fun wok, fast pace, friendly faces. Growing company.
Family Oriented Enviroment
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2014
The pay is horrible and is not getting me anywhere in life. There are no benefits at all. I also have little time for anything else.
Pros
occasional discounts
Cons
no health care benefits
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2013
The villa was very fun to work for always played music to keep the workplace energetic, was able to meet new people and have a good time.
Day at work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 19, 2013
I love working here everything was great. from the customers to my coworkers everyone was kind and nice.
Pros
more hours
Cons
pay was low.