Village Care of New York Employee Reviews in United States

friendly environment
Residential Service Associate (Current Employee) –  510 West 46th st.February 16, 2016
diverse community, friendly staff and fair management. able to get along with everyone. the hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing happy residents.
Pros
get to meet people from different cultures, and different educational levels.
Cons
need better communication between staff and management.
unique place to work
Community Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
Great friendly employees, good pay, great benefits and meeting a lot of educated people who care about the patients they help on a daily basis.
Great company to work with
Care Facilitator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
The company has great benefits and is multi cultural, everyone is pretty friends. It's a great place to gain experience and to move on up.
Pros
good pay, flexible, benefits, company parties
Cons
they hire a lot of new people but don't train them 100%
Providing customer satisfaction
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2013
Review medical records to update and or clear to work by using Peoplesoft/ Oracle, cash reconciliation on daily basis using Excel, prepare patients paperwork using Microsoft Word, schedule appointments/confirming/rescheduling appointments using Outlook and Eclinicals.
I've learned how to handle patient inquires by providing great customer service.
Co-workers must work together in order to produce effective patient flow.
The hardest part is to try to keep a contract from closing by following up on inquires.
The most enjoyable part of the job is once a project or task is completed (deadlines have been meet) also being able to help the company grow by maintaining stability and determination.
Pros
gave me a chance to grow and learn
Cons
don't see that the business is growing-no chance for promotion
A company that used to be patient-centered.
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the guidance to care managers of how to assist patients with serious issues more efficiently. The hardest part was to make sure all patients in the unit have been served at least twice per month. I learned to deal with multiple workers' characters.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Health Home Care Managers are overload with cases.
Great building block for experience
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2013
A comfortable environment with a medium pace workload. It was a transition role, from my desktop position at my previous employer, into the field of networking.
Pros
friendly coworkers, cross train availability, room for learning mistakes
Cons
no room for advancement, small organization
Village Care is really a place that was great for opportunity growth, it was really a great experince I had there.
CHHA Billing/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
Working at Village Care was mostly independently working after you got through the learning process.

I learned a lot from Village Care because of sharing work with others also.

I get along with majority of my co-workers, it was more a friendly environment to be around.

As everyone else I think the hardest part of my job was to learn something new but with the strong challenging power I have after getting the hang of it, it was good to learn something new.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to be at work and be able to feel at home, because of the friendly people around me. I did really enjoy my time there.
Pros
the company did ususally provide a lot of free lunches for its employees.
Cons
the health coverage was great.
Disorganized and linear
Manager (Current Employee) –  NYCMay 20, 2013
Senior Management is linear, self-serving and makes questionable judgment calls regarding staffing and business plans.Office environment is generally friendly. Some genuinely caring and decent people work here.
Pros
colleagues, reasonably decent pay scale
Cons
disorganized, lack of vision and insight
Good Work Place
Peer Marketing (Former Employee) –  NY.NYFebruary 19, 2014
During my time there, My supervision was excelent. I had a hands on supervisor, who also intrusted me to complete assignment on time and report back any short commings and was receptive to suggestions on how to improve our department and make my job more effective. My day cosist of doing out reach to other agencies and informing them of the services that we have to offer. My primiary outreach was fore the (ADTP) Adult Day Treament Program. My hardest part was when I was not able to encourage contacts to come and take a look at the program and the traveling. I enjoy the feeling that I get when I am able to make a change in someones life.
Pros
provided transportation and recognation of efforts made, even if the results was not always the best.
Cons
sometimes the hours and location to work
A great team to work with
Creative Arts Therapist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Overall my experience working at Village Care of NY Rivington House has been good. Unfortunately after working there for the past 18 years, the Skilled Nursing Home is closing Oct 31, 2014. I really loved the exceptional work our team did with our clients in the Adult Day Treatment Program. I will truly miss all the clients, parties, trips and watching our clients grow.
Pros
great team/ free lunch
non-effective due to high volume of work responisbilities
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
a great place to gain experience in most prominent areas as a nurse, however the enviroment does not facilitate one to be an effective nurse as far as care
Pros
gained experience
Cons
over worked
fast paced environment administrative duties, receptionist duties,while serving clients too
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Administrative Assistant
Data Entry , Registered Clients, Scanning billing information, Coordinated administrative duties, Checked client’s attendance daily Liaison for different departments
Pros
room for growth
Cons
lost government funding
I have acquired several case managements skills
Case Manager Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
I would conduct housing searches.
I would advocate for clients to receive entitlements.
I would case conference with all medical and mental health providers,
I would complete assessments and re assessments.
I would develop individual service plans.
i would conduct home visits.
The Staff was a great help in me learning the position going in with some knowledge
Senior Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Christopher St New YorkDecember 13, 2011
When I entered the company I knew the medicaid field but they were more entaled and helped me to learn other fields of medicaid.
Pros
it was a pleasant place to work
Cons
not any that i can think of now
Productive and fun work place with very friendly staff and patients
300hrs Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2012
It can be a very fast pace at times dealing with approximately 50 patients or more per day...Despite that we always seems to make it more fun than stress this way patients remain calm throughout their visit.
Internship
Nutrition and Food Services Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
You get to learn from great professionals. They will keep you doing different tasks every day.
Great Team
Adult Protective Services Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2014
The customer service team I worked with was great but when relocated not all were taken and some were let go as the result.
productive
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2012
great opportunity and experience for me. Great staff. Learned and got most of my experience from village care.
Pros
great staff
Cons
ugly interior
Cool
Human Resources Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2014
Very good place to be
Co workers were very helpful in my forward progression as a person
LPN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2014
Satisfied with the working environment
Have a team work.
Everything are organized
Pros
na
Cons
na

Village Care of New York Reviews by Location