Village Care of New York Employee Reviews

Not Fun working here
Community Searcher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2017
A typical day is stressful, we're on edge all the time, with cuts being made randomly and without warning. Community Searchers are about to lose their position in October of this year.
relaxed work place
Case Management Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
work was fast pasted but manageable. Love to provide support to my care managers. Hardest part was auditing charts on a continuous basis.My supervisor was very knowledgeable and provided education to me daily about heath homes and the various changes
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
too many deadline at the same time
Village Care is a nice place to work
Program Liaison (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 4, 2017
I like to work at Village Care. I cant really tell you how is a typical day because it varies every day and that is one of the things that I like. I don't really follow a routine. I do a lot customer services. I attend to meetings and go to the field when is needed.
Benefits
get the experience you need.
Community searcher (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 1, 2017
working for village care has been an amazing experience. i have been able to work with patients who have chronic illness and have been able to assist them with their needs as well.
ok
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
Working here was great and was hoping to last for an entire career then they sold our facility and we all lost our jobs and benefits . Would love to continue them
Scary.
Sales searcher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
They are about numbers. Senior executives brag about how generous benefits are. But if you don't have sales say goodbye to them.
Very image conscious, everyone in upper management have a worrying degree of sense of entitlement with titles. Titles here for e.g systems analyst or auditor or qa mean something entirely diff if you bring that to another healthcare org. Company's structure has many people with manager type status but very few distinguishable responsibilities from one another. Its all about moving up not staying in the bottom for too long. Many people here are not able to get a job with the city gov or lack translatable skills for real jobs in a hospital etc.
Pros
Free metrocard! Wooo hooo!
Cons
Sales numbers low? Bye
Family like environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  121B West 20th StreetJanuary 20, 2017
Fun and friendly environment, feel like a family.

Learned multiple skills in providing good quality service to persons with HIV/AIDS.

Limited advancement opportunity but a very enjoyable place to work and learn.
Pros
Fun family like environment
Cons
Advancement Opportunity
godd environment
COBRA Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2016
assuiis people with severe illnesses to navagate health care system in new york city. observed medications, counseled non compliant
riding trains all day to search out individuals who need assistance with getting connected with PCP
Community Searcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2016
the work it self is OK it just wasn't for me i would recommend the work to someone young and is in need of employment. the staff is wonderful and really look out for their employees.
Pros
free metro cards, cell phone, and a laptop
Cons
this position is out doors work and requires riding the trains all day
They are very cooperative , always help when needed.
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 3, 2016
They call me every time they receive my check to come and pick up. if i'm little early to work. They let me punch in early.
co-workers are very helping.
most enjoyable part of the job is that i like to spend time with old people because they are very interesting stories, therefore my day go very fast.
Very accomodating and professional non-profit organizaiton
Adult Home Plus Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Village Care is an excellent place to work. They offer extensive training to new comers to the field and will make you feel very comfortable and welcomed.
unique place to work
Community Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
Great friendly employees, good pay, great benefits and meeting a lot of educated people who care about the patients they help on a daily basis.
friendly environment
Residential Service Associate (Current Employee) –  510 West 46th st.February 16, 2016
diverse community, friendly staff and fair management. able to get along with everyone. the hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing happy residents.
Pros
get to meet people from different cultures, and different educational levels.
Cons
need better communication between staff and management.
Great company to work with
Care Facilitator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
The company has great benefits and is multi cultural, everyone is pretty friends. It's a great place to gain experience and to move on up.
Pros
good pay, flexible, benefits, company parties
Cons
they hire a lot of new people but don't train them 100%
A company that used to be patient-centered.
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the guidance to care managers of how to assist patients with serious issues more efficiently. The hardest part was to make sure all patients in the unit have been served at least twice per month. I learned to deal with multiple workers' characters.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Health Home Care Managers are overload with cases.
non-effective due to high volume of work responisbilities
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2015
a great place to gain experience in most prominent areas as a nurse, however the enviroment does not facilitate one to be an effective nurse as far as care
Pros
gained experience
Cons
over worked
fast paced environment administrative duties, receptionist duties,while serving clients too
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Administrative Assistant
Data Entry , Registered Clients, Scanning billing information, Coordinated administrative duties, Checked client’s attendance daily Liaison for different departments
Pros
room for growth
Cons
lost government funding
Internship
Nutrition and Food Services Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
You get to learn from great professionals. They will keep you doing different tasks every day.
A great team to work with
Creative Arts Therapist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Overall my experience working at Village Care of NY Rivington House has been good. Unfortunately after working there for the past 18 years, the Skilled Nursing Home is closing Oct 31, 2014. I really loved the exceptional work our team did with our clients in the Adult Day Treatment Program. I will truly miss all the clients, parties, trips and watching our clients grow.
Pros
Great Team/ Free Lunch
Village Care is really a place that was great for opportunity growth, it was really a great experince I had there.
CHHA Billing/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
Working at Village Care was mostly independently working after you got through the learning process.

I learned a lot from Village Care because of sharing work with others also.

I get along with majority of my co-workers, it was more a friendly environment to be around.

As everyone else I think the hardest part of my job was to learn something new but with the strong challenging power I have after getting the hang of it, it was good to learn something new.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to be at work and be able to feel at home, because of the friendly people around me. I did really enjoy my time there.
Pros
The company did ususally provide a lot of free lunches for its employees.
Cons
The health coverage was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Care of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

Village Care of New York Reviews by Location