Village Green Employee Reviews

Fun work place
HEAD CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
Village green is a great company to work for. I worked for the company over 8 great years. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for employment...
Pros
Great pay, benefits, 401K and Etc..
Cons
Short breaks
village green
Assembly Line Laborer (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 19, 2017
we had to pill the rubber off the back of carpet for 8hrs comin thru a hot oven . and it was to far of a drive but i managed to stay working til i was called to work for another job that was closer . k .
Makes promises to residents that the kitchen is not equpped to fulfill
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 12, 2017
If the owners of Village Green and all the different departments of staff they have to care for residents were on the same page, it would make it a better place to work. As a Dietary Aid, I often found myself doing the task of a CNA.
Good Hard worker Job Places
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 1, 2017
I learned alot about sales and how things work when you are trying to sale stuff and make sure everything is in order it really helped me get more organized with my self and my paper work
ok work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 31, 2017
I would log into my system and get ready to take calls. I learned people skills, how to work different systems, basic technical support. The hardest part was trying to stay on the phone for a short time because i was trying to resolve the customers issue. The enjoyable part was talking to my customers.
Worst place ever
Head Janitor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 16, 2017
While working for the company i was ask to do things that were out of my job title, I had work restrictions that my management did not abid by, myself as well as my co workers worked in aspestis all while I was pregnant! THEY ARE SAVAGES!
N/a
Carpet recycling operator & Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 28, 2017
There's nothing to tell really. It was a job.
Just something to make ends meet for me and my family. Worked on their night shift....
Plain and simple
Flexible work hours, flexible management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, ORApril 28, 2017
Overall no complaints; if you're a good worker they treat you well and the atmosphere is relaxed. 10/10 would work there again. Also, soup/salad is free on your shift and employees get a 50% discount even off hours
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short/no breaks
You'll Love The Village Green Culture!
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 1, 2017
Village Green is a company that values each and every employee. They have Village Green University, to assist you in being the best at your current position but also to help you advance. I've been with the company almost two years and I've moved within the company three times. All of our communities run like a well oiled machine. VG is by far the Best Property Mangement company I've had the pleasure of working with. I highly recommend Village Green.
Pros
Advancement, Location, career knowledge
Awesome
LPN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHMarch 23, 2017
I love it. Great work environment it is really a place you feel like home. They are all about patient care and I do love that. It is just time for me to advance. And there is no where to advance there.
Pros
Happy loving place to work
Cons
Admancement

Want to know more about Village Green?

Ask a question
Village Green
Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 23, 2017
It's a high stress environment, which varies based on the quality of the property and the type of owners that you work with. Management stays behind the times with bare-bones staffs and policies that are not as resident friendly as they would like you to believe.
Terrible place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
Very poor management and will not hire help that you absolutely need. Very low pay for what they want you to do. They also want you to get things done in an impossible amount if time. Worst company I've ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Management is terrible
Fun environment to work in.
Construction Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2017
Productive and Fun environment. There is alot of room to grow and move around. The building d├ęcor is inviting and charming and the amenities are great!
Great Company To Work for :) Village Green Really Does Care
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2017
I love working for Village Green. I am a sales consultant and my position is very rewarding. Being able to have the opportunity to personally know upper management means a lot to me. They have been some of the best people to work for. Most companies you never even get a chance to meet management, but with Village Green it's different. The Columbus, Oh Team has gone above and beyond to help me and my other colleagues be successful. My property manager and area director have been some of the best coaches as to what Village Hreen truly stands for. Our team is strong and I am beyond happy to be with this company :) I look forward to plenty more years with Village Green!!!
Pros
Strong Work Life Balance, Strong Management Team, Good Base Pay + Commission
great company to work with
senior sale consultant (Current Employee) –  DetroitJanuary 5, 2017
great benefits, great re-numeration, amazing co-workers
opportunity to grow unlimited, constantly growing company with potential. Some sites are outdated but VG pressing assets to invest more monies.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sometimes little overwhelming and high pressure especially in small complexes.
productive
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GADecember 15, 2016
Come in and prepare to give 110% every day being productive as possible and keeping safe . the most enjoyable part of the job is achieving our daily goals in a safe environment.
Pros
clean work
Cons
nasty work areas
Great job to have if you love working with people on a daily basis.
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  South Rockwood, MIOctober 20, 2016
Great work atmosphere. Also great chance for advancement. Has good benefits. Also does really good charity work and works around a military schedule if you are a reservist.
Pros
Quarterly bonus
Cons
On call pretty much 90 percent of the time.
Great Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 6, 2016
Great place to work. Great compensation and benefits. A very motivating commission structure with lots of earning potential. I learned a lot about property management.
Ok company to work for.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJuly 31, 2016
Managed 600 units and 8 employees.Over the year's I haved learned how to be more organize and efficent. I trained all techs in becoming better skilled so the site can run proficiently.
If you become employed, don't let them take advantage!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 26, 2016
I personally did not have the best experience working as a Sales Consultant for Village Green. While I did exceed my sales goals and overall was actually quite successful with the job itself, the team and management I had fell very short, especially considering the "We Care" slogan the company carries.
A typical day at work for me was opening and closing up the main office and Community Clubhouse, operating and using several different soft wears to log past/present/future client info, scheduling appointments, follow up to ensure satisfaction with past/present/future clients, money handling with rent checks, utility bills, move in money's, touring and selling apartment homes, organizing work space, gathering and organizing files, etc.
I received an hourly wage plus commission and overall the pay and benefits were rewarding but again, not having a team to work successfully with stifled my spirit for the job.
By far the most enjoyable part of my job however was being the first face a current resident or potential customer sees when they walk in the door, to be able to greet them and ensure them that their needs will be taken care of, regardless of neglectful management.

However, because of my unfortunate experience with an intimating boss who also was demeaning, I have a biased un-favoritism for Village Green.
Pros
Great benefits, salary, diverse work environment
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Green. Our community is ready to answer.