Village Inn Employee Reviews

Good work, terrible managment
Host (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Fun people to work with, certain aspects better than others. Usually long hours, with decent staff. Management is not efficient. No way to get raise or to move up in company
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No breaks, bad managers
Operating Director and Managers hard to work with.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 28, 2016
In my experience I was shown the Vision, Values, and Culture before i had even been hired with the company. So that lead me to believe that it was a big deal. Which looking at it from the outside it looks like its a bid deal to them but as I worked there it changed. I was told to lie about the freshness of food. I had seen lots of special treatment and also singling out and negative treatment to certain employees just for they way they acted.

But with all those negative things I just said there is some good, there are some guests that will make your day and will become part of your family because you see them everyday.

But if you go in as a salary manager beware! They are just going to run you down. Minimum 55 hours that is more like 60 since you always stay late no matter you open or close. So Half your week is spent at the store working.
Pros
Guests
Cons
Guests, Management, No breaks
Great place to work with great employees and customers
Busperson/Dishwasher/Host (Former Employee) –  Dracut, MANovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time working here. Met some great people who i worked with as well as the customers who dined at the restaurant. I learned how to be a better teamplayer as well as it helped shape me into the person i am today. The management is very kind and easy to work with. My coworkers were also easy to get along with and offered a hand if needed.
Pros
Great employees and management
Cons
too small to receive benefits, looked outdated
high stress workplace very unorganized not worth the stress
Food Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, CONovember 8, 2016
started as dishwaasher advancerd to fps in little less than a yearr with ,50 cent raises 3 times until i was at 10.50 an hour was made to prep dish cook train clean parkinglot deep clean kitchen picking up slackfrom overpaid stand ins working 8-11 hours strait without a break. told that the law say they dont have to give you a break only as business allowes. i dont think so
Pros
i had a job
Cons
it was not worth it in canon city
it was a helpful environment that was very helpful with my serving skills
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 22, 2016
i would either host or serve depended on the day. if i hosted i would greet people and seat them, clean the lobby. i would help check people out at the register and i would answer the phone and do togo orders. my job as a server was to take orders and adhear to all the needs of the guests there. i would clean my section and bus the tables as needed. management did their job as needed but wasnt helpful. hardest part of the job was the employees and management. the most enjoyable was after everything was done you felt satisfied with what you had accomplised.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
manaagement
Fasted passed, awesome regulars
Hostess & Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NE 68123November 30, 2016
A typical day at Village Inn, fast passed, warm smiles, and the smell of fresh coffee. I learned that I can carry 50lbs on one hand while waiting tables and the customer is always right. The management was always there for me when I needed help or asked any questions. The management when to the tables and asked if their food is fine or how their days are going. The hardest part about the job was when I had a 12 top and the hostess sat me with another table close to the same time. But when I asked the co-workers for help they did with out an hesitation. The most enjoyable part of the job was feed and excepting tips for my job well done.
Pros
half priced food and 20% off pies for the holidays
Cons
rude customers
Great Co-Workers poor Management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COJuly 26, 2016
I was a cook here and it was always pretty smooth until management couldn't keep their things in order which got management switched out several times with several managers changing things back and forth everything for the workers got hectic, I think the team itself was great but who they had and who they have now it deems to be a inappropriate setting for someone who is looking for advancement and or job security
Pros
Employee Discounts, Great Team, Routine Work
Cons
Poor Management, Poor time schedules, Poor ability to work with ones schedule
Productive and fun
Cook (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99508December 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be getting along with all of my colleagues, singing and dancing to the songs from the radio while cooking. Some days we're busy and some days its just the opposite. I love it when its really busy, so I would have something to do. I would be multitasking sometimes so I can challenge myself to finish a ticket at certain time. I would always put effort into the dishes I make, I want to make sure my customers are completely satisfied with the food.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare, little benefits
Productive Fun Fast pace place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 16, 2016
Typically everyday at work was pretty busy, it seemed to go by as a fast day. I learned a lot about teamwork and how important it is to make the work environment better. The management everyone I had were wonderful, even the managers in training that we trained at the store. Everyone became family while working there, they pick the best employees. I loved the family feel within the employees and the fast pace work environment at village inn.
Pros
half off food for employees
Cons
working holidays
quick paced expected
Busser (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMarch 6, 2017
a typical day at work is fast paced, i learned alot about customer satisfaction, managment was tough to deal with but that was expected, workplace culture was dificult to adapet to, the hardest part of the job was definetly doing somthing that i didn't enjoy doing, the most enjoyable part of the job was definetly being close to a spot where i could feed my hobby
Pros
half price meals
Cons
short breaks
Good times, long shifts
Server/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 18, 2016
Typical day was busy. Always lots to do. Staff and management were awesome. Made it really worth working there for hour on end.
Cons
Long hours, pay could have been better.
Okay for getting into serving, but not good for much more than that.
Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2017
Management (and staff) were very unprofessional. Managers have inappropriate relationships with staff, servers steal tips from other servers, etc. Perhaps it was just the location I worked at, but I also witnessed numerous food safety issues.
Pros
You can learn the basics of serving and make okay money.
Cons
Management and how the restaurant was ran.
its a fun place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 14, 2017
The Management staff is friendly fun and easy to work with. If your looking for a job that can work with your schedule this is the place to work at. Part time and full time hours are available.
Pros
Half off all your meals while your working
Cons
The Insurance is not the best
Village Inn
Kitchen Manager/Cook (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEFebruary 9, 2017
I opened the store with the smell of freshly baked pies and rolls. I learned how to long hand inventory. How to run food cost and labor. The management was wonderful hard working team. Until it wasn't! The hardest part of the job was nothing. I loved it.
Pros
I had an awesome boss. They had a wonderful training program.
Cons
It got sold
Great stuff and environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
Awesome management, great staff and environment, not the greatest hours, some people can push you around, your schedule isn't really consistent, they're usually really flexible
Pros
Half lunches, great people
Cons
Not a lot of hours, non consistent schedule
Very demanding job but the guests are amazing!
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJanuary 4, 2017
I learned a lot of management tools working here. It was a demanding job with high expectations but they provided you with the tools to succeed. Very well compensated for the hours and stress. Most enjoyable part of this job was the guests.
Pros
Money and experience
Cons
Depanding
Typical Day
Asst. Manager I (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day was unsuccessful with either weather, co-workers, and/or management. A typical day was either hard to reach expectations and or goals determined by other factors.
great place to start
Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJanuary 3, 2017
very great management. very busy and consistent. able to maintain a family and school at the same time as work. able to communicate problems with management as well as fix immediately. very understanding management.
Pros
free food
Cons
short break
One big family, comes with ups and downs but overall is a nice environment to work in.
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Most customers are regulars and really get to know you, management could use some work, but the other employees are great.
Not a great place to work.
SERVER/CAHSIER/HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Management is awful, the service and the food are good. But to be an employee who works for them is a difficult task. I do not recommend village inn as a place for employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Inn. Our community is ready to answer.