Village Inn Employee Reviews

Vill-inn server
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IA 52240December 14, 2017
Usually I come into work knowing I will need to clean things should not have been pushed off but they are, I make good money the customers are nice. alot of people that don't care get hired and quit or get fired quickly.
Pros
50% discount on food & free pie
Cons
work long hours unexpectedly, people don't carry own weight
Awesome
Server (Former Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 14, 2017
Great management. Never had expirence before, but was trained well. Awesome customers and staff. Great working with my schdeule. Great enviroment. Miss working there
Fast-paces work environment.
Server, Busser (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 10, 2017
Village Inn is your typical breakfast-lunch dine in, friendly co-workers, and managers who actually care. A typical day would be seating customers, taking orders, putting them in the system, cashiering, refilling drinks, running food and cleaning tables. I enjoyed all of the new people i met daily.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
no paid time off
Dish washer and bust boy
Dish washer/Bus-boy/Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2017
Basically just stayed in the back and wash dishes and when the waiters needed me or waitresses I would bus tables. And make sure my work area is clean.
Pros
Eat good
Cons
Breaks taken 1/2 hour after shirt started
Fun, enjoyable working atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 7, 2017
Enjoyed meeting new people. Have respect for all whom works at Village Inn. For me the hardest part was taking to go orders and completing them. Management was good.
Okay place to work for
Supervisor/Cook (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 6, 2017
The benefits are good. Work environment fair. Staff not managed so well. Stressful environment sometimes. Must be able to work in a hot environment. All in all okay place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Staff not managed very well
Loved working there
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 6, 2017
I would work there again if I could. I loved the bosses and the people I worked with. I liked being part of the village inn family. It was so much fun.
Pros
Everything good
Cons
a good part time college job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2017
I worked here for over 2 years while going to college. Overall, it was a really good part time job. I was lucky and had an amazing manager for over a year. Unfortunately, he was replaced by a very intense and unfair manager. Job quality/ experience was highly dependent on managers and coworkers.
managment
Server (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 3, 2017
they were very unorganized and most of there work fell on to the servers due to them always leaving early. the staff was amazing and very helpful and always helped out as much as possible
village inn resturant
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZDecember 2, 2017
Wonderful, loving atmosphere to sit and enjoy a hot tasty homemade meal. Clean work environment, ran and organized professional, and orderly. A wonderful warm aura from the friendly staff members while costumers were served their food.
Pros
A lot of work
Cons
I needed to leave because, of one person.
Awful place to work
Prep-Cook (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 1, 2017
Little to no training after they assigned me to being a cook on the line. Once they deemed me trained they put me on the night shift. was then told that I was to keep the dishes as well as cook, prep and clean within an 8 hour shift. I do not think that I was out of there in less then 10 hours.
Pros
30% off pies
Cons
Long hours and no training
Good experience
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 29, 2017
Working at Village Inn was an overall good experience. They provided two months training upon employment that helped prepare me for the role. The hardest part of the job was securing reliable employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to train and develop my staff and interacting with customers on a daily basis.
Fast Paced, Hands on.
Server (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 28, 2017
While working at Village inn, ive learned that a smile can change a whole conversation with a customer. While working there I had hands on constant conversation. Never a dull moment working there. up beat, fast paced, friendly work environment.
Pros
Half off a meals
Cons
Not enough buisness
An ever changing work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 28, 2017
Everyday is different depending on customers, who is working, and the mood of the management. Overall I enjoy being a server and getting the opportunity to talk with all the customers that come in the door. I appreciate the fact that I receive tips everyday in order to pay bills and take care of my children. My reason for wanting a new job, though, is because there is no career advancement opportunities unless you are friends with the management outside of work it seems like. Rules change on a day to day basis which makes it hard to be a consistent employee. The other servers however are very helpful and are easy to get along with.
Pros
meal discounts, Pto, other benefits
Cons
Poor management, inconsistency in rules and regulations
A good bussiness
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 28, 2017
A typical day at work is making and surving our customers the order food within under 10mins. I learned being a team player can bring better performace in our team. Our management work as a team player leading our team to commincated doring rushes. Hardest part of the job is honstley nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job is making food for the customers at a fast pace.....
my experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 26, 2017
my experience at village inn was awful. they put on the lunch rush on a weekend. i had many anxiety attacks. it was so intense and so fast paced that i couldnt handle it. and my boss saw that and let me go.
Pros
great food
Cons
they thru me into the fire
Good Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Republic, MO 65738November 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at village inn, everybody is very friendly and the environment is very competitive. The best part is the people that come in. You build strong relationships with your customers.
Nope
Busser (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZNovember 24, 2017
Why would anyone want to work here? They’re open literally every single day including Christmas, and you don’t even get a discount. It’s really not a fun place to work, and I know I didn’t enjoy working here in the slightest.
Good for learning the important ropes
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 20, 2017
When I worked there, I was referred by a friend. The hiring process was easy and fast. I loved the job. I started off being a hostess, and was trained by someone who knew how to do the job and do it well. In a matter of month or two I got promoted to become a third shift server, and was trained was the best server. The third shift was a great shift for me, it was just a little rough to be the only server. Only when nights were hectic of course.
Pros
flexiable hours, greatter chances of being promoted, great training/ atmosphere
Cons
depending on shift, chain of command was harder to reach
Terrible place to work
Buser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 20, 2017
on a typical day i would clear tables, take dirty dishes from the tables, wipe tables off. Fill ice bins, buser stations, and take condiments to the kitchen.
Pros
breaks, free water, flexible on days off, good pay.
Cons
managment was stressfull, stress, clearing tables in 30 seconds.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9