Village Inn

Village Inn United States Employee Reviews

Casual working atmosphere depends on manager
Cook/Server/Evening Supervisor (Former Employee), Ames, IAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free food for management (under certain $ amount), relaxed atmosphere (in slower periods), decent earning potential for servers (cooks might get shafted)
Cons: If you work on an hourly wage: expect to get hosed once in a while, Salaried: same thing; more frequent, Corporate inspections can be painless or a pain in the butt.
Depending on the management at any particular Village Inn, this could be a good place to work, or a very poor one. Corporate-controlled stores have much less freedom in how they want to handle anything in the store, and the ever-looming threat of a corporate inspection tends to set everyone in the store fairly uneasy.
If you get along with enough people, and you know what you want out of the job, you can be promoted fairly easily, given that the management team has an opening. Otherwise, you should expect to move to advance.
Poor Work Quality
Cook (Former Employee), 3160 S. Wadsworth Blvd Lakewood, COApril 1, 2015
Pros: Some nice people
Cons: Always understaffed, and behind in prepped food making it highly stressful job
Working 12 hour days when the kitchen staff was almost fully turned around at the end made it unbearable. Poor moral and just generally more stress than it was worth
A fun learning experience
Server (Former Employee), Apache Junction, AZMarch 1, 2015
Pros: it was a stable job opportunity that paid weekly.
At the beginning of every shift I would find my designated responsibilities and seating section, so that I could make sure that everything was clean and prepared. When a guest entered our company we had to acknowledge them within one minute; greet and take their order within three minutes; deliver their order within ten minutes; tempt them with a specific variety of pie when they were about halfway through their meal; and then thank and invite each guest to return. During this job I learned how to follow procedures more precisely. The hardest part of my job was having a guest that was unhappy, but I learned to keep a smile on my face regardless.The most enjoyable part of my job was building a good rapport with my co-workers and guests.
decent working environment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: fun overall environment
Cons: horrible management
typical day; cook customers orders. coworkers in the kitchen, dish room, prep area, and some waitstaff where a blast. management and a few waitstaff where a pain in the butt
A hectic restaurant
Hostess (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Cons: no free lunches, people stealing money, not getting tipped out, etc.
Nobody wants to communicate with each other so it gets extremely hectic especially on busy days. People wind up doing other peoples jobs, waitresses take other waitresses tables, and some even steal tip money off of another girl's table. The hostesses never get their to go order tips. The managers just leave it in the drawer. It's just an all around confusing and irritating place to work not to mention lack of hours. I tried calling off for 1 day 3 weeks in advance so I could get married that day and they didn't tell me till about 4 days before hand that I had to work that day and might as well assume not to have the weekend off for any reason. It was my own WEDDING I was asking off for and it was for 1 day not like it was a week or anything AND I asked for that day off 3 weeks in advance. The whole manager system is screwed.
close to home
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Moline, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: it was weekends only.
I enjoyed some of the people I worked with, liked my hours, and my pay was decent. worked at my own pace, getting required job done. If I had problems I would speak to a manager, we had great communication skills. I enjoyed my time at Village Inn, they were a decent employer.
was a fun place to work
lead server (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good people to work for
Cons: closed down went out of business
learned a lot from all the people that worked there we all worked as a team. my management was very helpful and kind and wanted as all to be the best that we can be
A Productive Workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: lunch, crew, atmosphere
The work was steady and the team helped each other, Its a breakfast restaurant so from 9 to 4 was rush.
Terrible work place, horrible managers
Busser and Dishwasher (Former Employee), Derby, KSJanuary 25, 2015
Never got a lunch break and would work for hours non stop. Servers where nice but overall not a very fun place to work. I learned good customer service as well as how to deal with people that weren't very nice.
Loved working here one of my favorite employers
Dishwasher /Busser (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 24, 2015
a typical work day would be me showing up with piles of dishes in my dish pit but I could usually get them all done fairly quickly. I learned how to multi task and how to run two sides of the restaurant at the same time. The management was awesome very understanding and very patient with me. My co workers had there faults but I worked well with them and helped them as much as I possibly could while being able to do my own job. The hardest part of the job was working as late as I did because my transportation was the bus I had to rush to get out and catch my ride home.
It was ok it could be fun sometimes.
Waitress/Trainer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: no busboys
Cons: wraping silverware
I worked 8:00am to 4:00pm I did the some thing every day except the customers changed. The managers came and went like every 3 months and sometimes so did the help. The hardest part was getting a good cook and keeping them.The best part was getting off work and counting my money.
Good service but wouldn't recommend working there
server (Former Employee), 7801 North MesaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and friends
Cons: working late hrs, and closing late hours
Good service although to much work as a server.
You are always on your feet moving keeping busy or active.
Always making sure the customers have what they need and everything is to their liking.
Make sure to check on the customer every so often to see how they are doing and everything is ok.
good starter job
Pizza Artist, Inventory, Dish washer (Former Employee), Statesville, NCJanuary 14, 2015
taught me to do various jobs threw out the day and how to be a team player and leader
i wouldnt recommend to work there
Management Consultant (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 16, 2014
not a good place to work, work mostly closing shifts and they don't let you know that when hired. They close at 3 on the weekends which they don't let you know that either.
was a job
Server/Waitress (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 15, 2014
whatever you may know about southern people goes out the door when you work as a waitress down south. had the worst time at this job alot of days. rude people(customers) the staff was alright while i was working their though for the most part
broing none fun
low (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 29, 2014
I highly recommend you don't go there. Boring boring boring boring boring
Fun
Server (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 24, 2014
It was a good place to meet people, alot of hustle and bustle. The shift went by pretty fast because there was always something to do.
Not so much fun, good people though
Busser (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: half off food, decent people, good customers
Cons: bad schedule (even if you ask for more hours), management doesn't understand a lot of things
You go to work, either in the morning or night. Leave with no money as a busser cause you only work weekend mornings, its more tedious to advance and then makes you change your schedule if you do. co-workers can be nice but can also take tips and more, management doesn't see it so they don't care.
Managment was very inconsistent but co-workers treat you like family
Expider (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 15, 2014
Fast paced and yelling
I learned Patients
Management inconsistent
Co-workers treat you like family.
very productive working as a server
Server (Former Employee), Greeley, CONovember 15, 2014
Love working in the public meeting new folks. How ever I did not like the random scheduling & young new co workers that didn't know how to do there job right.

1 2 3 4 5

About Village Inn

At Village Inn talented team members have been delivering exceptional service to guests for over 50 years! We reached our premier – Read more

Village Inn Salaries