Village Pantry

Village Pantry Employee Reviews

Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 13, 2015
Employees at the job complained more about the other employees instead of doing their job. Management lacked in providing a better workplace.
Alot to do, 3rd shift bakery and deli made time fly by with a challenge,
Bakery and deli clerk (Former Employee), Greenfield, INMay 11, 2015
Pros: kept busy, enjoyed food prep. and customers interaction
Cons: Third shift was tough hours.
Always short staffed. Management had too many responsibilities to be able do their job. Most unprofessional work environment and employees. Reviews were never given. The only advancements was a quarter a year, deserved or not. The only benefits besides free fountain drinks were well earned vacation days, in which were hard to be able to take because of short staff. Use or lose. I lost mine the last year I worked, then they were taken away.
Fun place to work and meet people from all over the county I lived in.
Cashier/clerk (Former Employee), Fairmount, INMay 3, 2015
Pros: Close to home, good hours, overtime.
Cons: No breaks
My typical day was fast paced as I was there in the middle of the day.
I worked the lunch crowd. I learned a lot of managerial skills.
The management was very informational and taught me about different aspics of the job. My co workers were very friendly and they believed in team work. The hardest part of my job was not getting breaks when I was suppose to due to my boss never wanting any of
us employees to take a break.
Loved the customers and the people I worked for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Greenfield, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: the hours
Cons: third shift, to far from home
Fast passed and fun. Every day had its moments. but working for a good team and being able to be there when they needed me was good. I hated my days off.
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee), Warsaw, INMarch 25, 2015
The company treats employees badly. They don't give the managers enough hours to work with in order to train new employees and allow them to learn the job before they are left alone. Therefore they go through employees like no other because they get very intimidated by the job they are required to do.
working with good people
Helped on the front line (Cashier) (Current Employee), indianpoils inFebruary 23, 2015
a typical day at work is always keeping the store clean what i have learned from working at village pantry i have improved on my people skills shes very knowledgeable about here job my co worker enjoy working with them we all get along the hardest part of my job is dealing with irate customers the most enjoyable part of my job is working with good people and serving my customers
A mix of unprofesional mangament and fun closing.
Cashier (Current Employee), Marysville, OHFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day a work could go in two directions. If I worked the morning shift, it was rough and extremely busy. The day shift manager was extremely difficult to deal with as he had favorites in the work place. My night shifts were extremely fun and easy going as it was mostly cleaning. I learned how to deal with teenagers and child-like behavior as I was in training for management. My morning co-workers were older and more calm and easy to be around since they had been in the business longer. My night shift co-workers were slightly harder as they were all high school students. The hardest part of morning shift was taking orders for window alone as you had to take orders and also cash people out at the same time without falling behind. The most enjoyable part of job was closing night shift as we could turn out music on and dance and have fun as long as we were getting our work done as well.
okay job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Muncie, INJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: no breaks
I liked this job but not like I did my other jobs that I have had in the past. I had to stock,bake and iced donuts, cleaned up the parking lot, sweep an mop the floors and take out the trash. I got along with just bout everyone that I worked with. There was nothing hard bout this job
Easy Job but unfortunately it is very boring
Cashier (Current Employee), Lakeview, MIJanuary 3, 2015
Boring job
Management and co-workers are generally kind
Hardest part of the job is dealing with all of the broken equipment in the store
The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers, they are all very kind
The employees and customers were the best part of this job.I enjoy people.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Kokomo, INDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no breaks, shortage of management.
A typical day consisted of helping customers get started in their day. Making sure their coffee, breakfast and daily needs were available to them. After the morning rush, accounting was completed. The rest of the day went to meeting needs of the store, maintenance, ordering, stocking, cleaning, and customer service.
interesting place
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2014
the coworkers where nice but many of the customers where very rude
"Fun" times in a gas station
Clerk (Current Employee), Lebanon, INNovember 11, 2014
Pros: a slightly laid back enviroment
Cons: employees who would not do the jobs they were paid to do, customers who would take their problems out on you as the clerk.
I cannot say my experience is typical for the industry, but in most cases about half of the employees did not do their work. On rare occasions, all of these employees would be scheduled the same day. Usually leaving myself, as night shift, to do all of their work or I would be the one held accountable. Management tried their best though, but we were a small store and were short handed to begin with.
The most crooked company Ive ever worked for
Cashier/Deli Clerk/Hot Foods (Current Employee), Muncie, INNovember 9, 2014
Pros: you make a little money
Cons: everything about the place
A typical day at work is doing your job, plus picking up the slack for all the lazy employees the manager continues to employ. The work is easy, but management is absolutely awful. They do not care about their employees and management picks and chooses favorites and allows them to get away with the bare minimum. Also, being that I am not a smoker, I never in three years of working there have been offered a break. No vacation time. No raise. Nothing.
Cashier work at high demand gas station
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakwood, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: getting paid every week
Cons: not alot of teamwork
This place is a good job its very physical and demanding. You have to handle different customers and truck drivers in all different types. Usual duties include counting and stocking cigarettes, stocking cups, utensils, condiments, food, and coffee. Management is pretty laid back on things but does get things done though. Being a non-smoker is kind of a disadvantage here at this job because you don't get a lot of breaks as you would if you smoked. And who actually likes to clean toilets all day long, I believe the cleaning the gas station is 1 of the hardest thing to do because not everyone does it so it makes it harder. The customers here are great, some not so much, and there are regulars that come everyday.
Managment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2014
I moved to assistant manager in a short period of time. I enjoyed this job, learning how to manage and schedule employees. The hardest part of the job was the location.
Blah
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kenton, OHAugust 16, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: job it self
Hated it disliked the upper management.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Convenience store
Cashier (Former Employee), Pendleton, IndianaJuly 29, 2014
Typical work day was spent taking care of patrons and cleaning the work area. The hardest part of the job was third shift because no one would come in after 1 in the morning
HEAVY WORKLOAD FOR VERY LITTLE PAY
Store Manager (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 25, 2014
Pros: vacation time and the customers
Cons: having to go in at 5 every morning, working 12 hour days sometimes more and high demands for low pay
I was a store manager and I loved the customers and my employees but it was a very demanding job. The upper management demands more and more every day but gives managers less and less hours for their store which means the salaried managers have to work more to make up for it without getting paid extra and gets very little time to accomplish anything. I was on the register for 6 hours a day by myself while trying to complete the daily paperwork and other management tasks while keeping the coffee going, keeping the store clean and stocked, checking in vendors, counting inventory, etc. And then I would get one employee in at noon and finally able to get more done. Also, I would have to drive to other locations to help out even if it meant my store being understaffed. The upper management of the district wondered why they kept losing managers, well it's because the company works their management/staff into the ground, takes advantage of them and only cares about increasing profit, buys new stores but doesn't put any money into the existing stores and doesn't care about their employees at all. Oh and another thing, as a manager one of our performance models was to remove our employees' obstacles for completing tasks... well maybe the company should take it's own advice and remove the store mangers' obstacles.
creative place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, ASSITANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2014
Pros: making money
Cons: no future
There is not much to say about this job, I took over the mangers job because they stepped down. I did learn how to handle running shifts by myself as well as handling all the store orders and banking deposits. I think the hardest part of the job was recovering from getting held up at gun point. However, I really enjoyed working with different people.
QUICK TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR WORKERS
CSR/ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee), Kokomo, INApril 11, 2014
IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO YOUR JOB AND CAN DO IT HALF WAY DECENTLY YOU WILL GET RUN INTO THE GROUND.

1 2 3 4