Village Pantry

Village Pantry Employer Reviews

Managment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2014
I moved to assistant manager in a short period of time. I enjoyed this job, learning how to manage and schedule employees. The hardest part of the job was the location.
Blah
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kenton, OHAugust 16, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: job it self
Hated it disliked the upper management.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Convenience store
Cashier (Former Employee), Pendleton, IndianaJuly 29, 2014
Typical work day was spent taking care of patrons and cleaning the work area. The hardest part of the job was third shift because no one would come in after 1 in the morning
HEAVY WORKLOAD FOR VERY LITTLE PAY
Store Manager (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 25, 2014
Pros: vacation time and the customers
Cons: having to go in at 5 every morning, working 12 hour days sometimes more and high demands for low pay
I was a store manager and I loved the customers and my employees but it was a very demanding job. The upper management demands more and more every day but gives managers less and less hours for their store which means the salaried managers have to work more to make up for it without getting paid extra and gets very little time to accomplish anything. – more... I was on the register for 6 hours a day by myself while trying to complete the daily paperwork and other management tasks while keeping the coffee going, keeping the store clean and stocked, checking in vendors, counting inventory, etc. And then I would get one employee in at noon and finally able to get more done. Also, I would have to drive to other locations to help out even if it meant my store being understaffed. The upper management of the district wondered why they kept losing managers, well it's because the company works their management/staff into the ground, takes advantage of them and only cares about increasing profit, buys new stores but doesn't put any money into the existing stores and doesn't care about their employees at all. Oh and another thing, as a manager one of our performance models was to remove our employees' obstacles for completing tasks... well maybe the company should take it's own advice and remove the store mangers' obstacles. – less
creative place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, ASSITANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2014
Pros: making money
Cons: no future
There is not much to say about this job, I took over the mangers job because they stepped down. I did learn how to handle running shifts by myself as well as handling all the store orders and banking deposits. I think the hardest part of the job was recovering from getting held up at gun point. However, I really enjoyed working with different people.
QUICK TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR WORKERS
CSR/ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee), Kokomo, INApril 11, 2014
IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO YOUR JOB AND CAN DO IT HALF WAY DECENTLY YOU WILL GET RUN INTO THE GROUND.
friendly customers, clean environment,
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Kokomo, INMarch 21, 2014
Pros: respected by management and coworkers
Cons: injured severly in armed robbery, second one in less than a week
friendly customers, clean environment, management was kind and helpful, friendly co-workers,enjoyed my work and was always thanked for doing a good job,room for advancement and raises
Gas Station/Walk in Eatery
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Cambridge City, IndianaMarch 20, 2014
Cook, and serve customers. Run cash register, and clean up of areas.
Great people to work with,but no advancement
Cashier (Former Employee), Greenwood, INFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free employee drink refills
Cons: not enough hours
I helped customers find things in the store an checked them out using cash debit or credit,i learned alot about the general public.My manager was great,loved working for her.My co workers were great to work with when they did their job,the hardest part of the job was learning to deal with rude customers. the most enyoyable part of the job was getting – more... to know an building relationships with my customers – less
Great Company
Cashier (Former Employee), Greenwood, InJanuary 13, 2014
Great Company and you get the chance to meet a lot of different people
Fun work place
Manager (Former Employee), Mecosta, MIDecember 22, 2013
Pros: alot of nice people
Cons: healthcare
It was a fun job and I enjoyed all of my customers. It was a lot of hours to put in and the pay was not really enough for everything I had to do, but overall it was a good job.
was miserable working their,hated going to that job
Cashier (Former Employee), Kokomo, INDecember 6, 2013
Cons: some times no breaks, no benefits
Always busy was always moving if not with cash register and gas pumps,counting,stocking cigarettes, stocking cups,making coffee, stocking coolers,zoning,pulling trash, noone liked the manager, and some of the co workers,if u didnt fit into their little click,they let you know,and I wasnt one of them.
I got the assistant manger fired for sexual harrassment – more... couldnt take him touching me and the way he talked to me anymore. So after that I was the target to get out of their.Signaled just me to go get a drug screen,got their couldnt go, so made me drink 2.5 cups water,screen came back negative but duliated so they terminated me. – less
Typical gas station work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2013
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: no lunch break or any break no matter how many hours you work
work day is either fast or slow based on customer volume
I have learned bakery and deli item preparation on this job
management is typically an easy task and very scaled back
coworkers are friendly and seek to get ahead in the workforce
hardest part of the job is knowing its an insecure, unsafe place
making bakery items that people look forward to is – more... the best job part – less
Lots of hours, lots of paperwork, little benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee), Muncie, INNovember 13, 2013
Lots of hours, lots of paperwork, little benefits. Want managers to work 60 plus hours per week for minimal pay and minimal benefits. Loads of responsibility for very little incentive.
Easiest job I have ever had
Cashier (Current Employee), Muncie, INNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free pop in village pantry mug
Cons: no lunch breaks, only two ten minute breaks every eight hour shift.
A typical day at Village Pantry involves standing behind a counter ringing up customers for eight hours, only leaving to clean/use the restroom.
I learned a lot about communicating with customers in a proper and timely manner.
My manager was competent and lead the company well.
My co-workers were often high school drop outs looking for any job to support – more... their children.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers.
The best part of the job was talkign to friendly regulars. – less
My day of Management
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), Muncie, INNovember 7, 2013
Pros: vacations, and all you want fountain drink
Cons: healthcare and going to other stores for resets
I close down my day at registers and download all registers into my computer. I count all Cigs, and do lottery count. Then I go into office and go through all register drops and count out their money, do all balances for the day. Then I have a store order to prepare for, I order all items brought into the store. I have payroll to do everyday to verify – more... their times of clocking in and out to keep my budget. I even run register when we have a flow of customers coming in. I do stocking and cleaning of the store.
I enjoy all my customers, always speak to them and greet them with a smile.
My co-workers respect me and love me as a manager because im always willing to listen and always willing to help in any way I can. – less
Village Pantry
General Manager (Current Employee), Noblesville, INOctober 17, 2013
I love my job. But they are selling a lot of the stores. I feel that I just need some where that is just a little bit more of a stable company to work for, that I can excel in the company, and build on what I already have.
not a good place to work
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee), Warsaw, INOctober 16, 2013
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: unreliable management
Working for Village Pantry was definitely an eye opener. Poor training procedures, no follow up, heavy workloads with not enough hours allowed to accomplish goals. Upper management believes that security cameras are ineffective.
Customer Based
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2013
Working alone as well with a team. Cleaning, stocking of products as needed, customer service.
Fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Muncie, INAugust 29, 2013
Pros: meet a lot of people
Cons: no breaks
I worked well with my team players everyone was really nice and easy to get along with. I severed about 300 customers a day so it was definitely high paced but I really enjoyed working there and had a lot of fun!

1 2 3