Village Pizza Employee Reviews

Good place to work at very friendly employees
Delivery Driver/ counter help (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Overall a very fun and easy place to work at. everyone on the job gets along well and the boss makes sure everyone is doing there part on a daily basis.
Fun and Producive Staff
Delivery Driver/Cook (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHDecember 30, 2016
This is a great place to interact with people who genuinely care for you. They know how to how fun, yet stay focused to get the job done.
Love love love
Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHNovember 22, 2016
I loved this job. Everyone was very nice. Joy gave me the best reference when my boss from a new job called her. Fun environment and great people. So sad they closed
Professional and Accepting
Cook (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 29, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Village Pizza and truly appreciated my coworkers and managers. The owner is knowledgeable, passionate, personable and professional. This is the only job I have ever had where the management works just as hard as everyone else and does not ask anything of the employees that they themselves do not do.
Excellent Place
Waitress and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tega Cay, SCAugust 14, 2016
Village Pizza was an excellent place to work at. Learning team work with my co-workers to satisfy the customers was a great opportunity. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the regular customers come back and catching up on their week.
Pros
Good schedule, awesome co workers, learning experience
Cons
N/A
An amazing workplace with amazing people
Counter Person, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Easthampton, MAMay 13, 2016
Management is fair, co-workers are awesome. What I enjoyed most was the regular customers and that the restaurant is a family establishment that caters to the local sports teams and has birthday parties and other events. There were many learning experiences for me here,
good first job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Stokesdale, NCFebruary 27, 2016
I started work at 5 on days I had to work, just delivered pizza and washed dishes. I learned the roads in the surrounding towns.
Cons
low pay
productive
Cook line (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, RIOctober 7, 2015
I ll have to say RI is lucky!! Everything was perfect and super fresh. I wish we had a place like this closer. Real hard to find someone that can rock all three. It is always either or in any other place. Not the case here. Great job! I ll be def telling everyone at work.
Fun working place
Waitress/Manager (Former Employee) –  Estes Park,COApril 25, 2015
Really lovely co-worker to work with, learn something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the local customers remember you and always ask you for the service.
Pros
One Free Meal
Cons
N/A
Great place start at
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Metter, GAApril 9, 2015
I would come in after school and wash dishes. I learned how to was dishes for a restaurant. The management was great and the co-workers were too. The hardest part of the job was keeping the dishes down. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free pizza.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Breaks

Want to know more about Village Pizza?

Ask a question
Great first job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Taberg, NYFebruary 22, 2015
I started out at the company as just the fryer but soon became a manager that would close the store on a regular basis. After learning how to run the oven and cash register as well as answering the phone and taking order i quickly became an everyday 4pm-9:30pm manager. I enjoyed being able to work closely with my co-workers as most of them were close friends as we live in a small town. The hardest part of the job was making sure that everything was communicated between stations because one wrong move could mess an entire order up and cost both time for the customer and for the staff. The best part was getting to understand how much responsibility comes with being a manager and with the responsibility not only do you get praise but you also get most of the grief and learning how to balance that was really key.
Pros
Tips and discounted food.
Cons
No health benefits working every weekend.
Good Restaurant but needs more enthusiastic employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVFebruary 10, 2015
i managed this restaurant for close to two years and it is a old fashioned family restaurant that is going in the right direction under new ownership, the place needs better employees that are enthusiastic about their jobs so the food can be more consistent.
Pros
easy workplace
Cons
no room for advancement
Typical Day
Cook (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 17, 2014
In a typical day as a cook for Village Pizza, you will start the shift by checking all of the coolers to make sure all of your ingredients are topped off and ready for the busy night. You then wait for pizza orders to come in as my only role was to make pizzas. Occasionally it was necessary to run to the cooler and grab some more cheese or sauce. This would usually stay busy for hours on end, sometimes you would get moved to go help cut pizzas and box them or even work the oven. In my time at Village Pizza, i also was a barback, and a busboy.
Pros
Free food at the end of shift.
Cons
Poor management, Most work days were Fri-Sun from 4-10
Stressful , unorganized , spent own free time there doing what wasnt done in business hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul MNJuly 20, 2014
Most duties were put off on me to do on my own. Spent more hours then needed.
learned how to manage more then given, work under pressure.
I was manager so I took care of the things that were needed to be done and made everything in order.
Co-workers had good personality , they had horrible work ethics and couldn't separate family problems from their business.
the hardest part was having so many responsibilities put off on me with so many workers doing nothing.
The best part of this job was to see how much of a turn around there was when I was placed as Manager.
great location
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State,MSMay 14, 2014
This was a great job with an even better location. The highlights of working here included attending to customers to provide customer service. The management was very professional and the coworkers made the job a great place to be.
Bad experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Easthampton, MAMay 7, 2014
I was a waitress, phone girl, and delivery driver. My coworkers were very forward about a lot of things that were not ok, and the boss was not that much different either. The hardest part about my job were my coworkers and the best part about my job was the customers.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
coworkers
Busy with customers always
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAApril 18, 2014
I would seat, bus tables, clean the restaurant, and serve the customers. I was constantly busy.I gained ever better people person skills and multi tasking skills. My co-workers were kind but also just as busy. The hardest part of my job was when we had too many customers and I felt as though I couldn't go fast enough to please everyone. I enjoyed meeting new people, and being happy and personable at work.
Good learning experience.
Cook/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Crimora, VAMarch 27, 2014
I learned how to make pizzas, which is the most difficult part. I am proud of what I learned while working there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No set breaks
productive and fun job while in school
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, GAJuly 8, 2013
First job i ever had it was fun. Small town pizza joint. it was a nice first job experience . All my co-workers and customers loved me and i loved them .
Pros
Bussiest place in my small town.
Cons
no benefits
Fun but stressful place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monson, MAMay 14, 2013
A typical work day would start around 4PM. Around 5PM the phones would be steadily ringing and we would be busy making the food and gathering orders together. We also had to make sure the delivery boys left with the correct orders to the correct addresses. Later in the night it would start to slow down and then at 10PM we would close for the night.
Pros
Free lunches, happy supervisor
Cons
No breaks, stressful hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.