Village Voice Media

Village Voice Media Employer Reviews

Great Place
Payroll/Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2014
Village Voice was a great place to work for. Offers career advancement and a great work environment.
Love the company! Upper management is incredible.
Business Manager / General Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 16, 2013
Great company! Great company! Great company! Great company! Great company! Great company! Great company! Great company!
Work hard, play hard.
Advertising Sales (Former Employee), United StatesFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: event access, free swag, happy hours and team outings
Cons: management is very hot and cold.
Top performers are compensated well. Not much work/life balance is encouraged unless you are already a top performer.
One-time contracting gig
Featured Contributor (Former Employee), Internet-basedFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: friendly, helpful editor
Cons: wish it were permanent!
I had direct feedback from the site's then editor, who advised what changes needed to be made to fit the site's writing style better and to fit the audience it was aimed toward. All feedback in a helpful, collaborative way.
A Great Balance of Fun and Hard Work
Support (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 1, 2013
It was a great place to work with a lot of great people, both talented and genuine, who were and still are a second family to me. I learned a great deal about leading by example, accountability and consistency.
not bad
Dallas Observer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2012
Pros: media
Cons: print
Good company, some were out of reach of what went on there. Co-workers were great.
The joys of marketing in New York City
Digital Marketing/Promotions Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2012
Pros: free events, networking, meeting people who will possibly be an asset in my future.
Cons: short or no breaks, small check amounts
Every week I am at an event, promoting for the Village Voice. It is a joy to be a part of something so flexible and free, although I do sometimes crave the daily workings of a traditional workplace. The people I work with are people who will be in my life for a very long time, lasting friendships are made and my supervisor does her best to make sure – more... that our work is comfortable, yet task-filling. – less