Villanova University

Villanova University Employer Reviews

Nice place to work
GIS Coordinator (Current Employee), Villanova, PAMay 20, 2014
Everyone is very nice and support is great. The pay isn't great, but it's to be expected in academia.
social environment with people dedicated to their job
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Villanova, PAMay 8, 2014
It is a great place to work, professional environment. People are mostly dedicated to what they are doing so things work very well.
Fun day every month
Cashier (Former Employee), villanova paMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
It was one of the best places I have ever work. They always have incentive for there employee. Had party according to the holidays.
Productive place to learn many new technologies with proper guidance
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Villanova, PAApril 23, 2014
Pros: full tuition waiver
It was a great experience visiting other universities who work on the related projects as CAVE and learn from their experience.
Learning experience where we attend colloquiums addressed by different guest lectures.
Seasonal
Pantry server (Former Employee), Villanova, PAApril 10, 2014
I wasn't with this company very long, but the time I was here I met new people and learned a lot about sanitation and how to properly serve and interact with customers.
Great work environment with interesting projects
Research Associate (Current Employee), Villanova, PAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: interesting projects, friendly advisors, flexible hours
Cons: bad pay
My time spent doing research at Villanova University was some of the best. The advisors were always getting notable sponsors with interesting projects for my team and I to work on. The hours were very flexible, as long as you got your work done. The only downside was the wage: even with a Bachelor's degree, the university was only allowed to pay a set – more... amount of dollars per hour to students. – less
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Villanova Undergraduate Research Fellow (Former Employee), Villanova, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I enjoyed working on my research project because it allowed me to apply the lessons I have learned in class to real world problems. This allowed me to gain great experience in the research field of chemical engineering.
Excellent benefits
Accounting Specialist III (Current Employee), Villanova, PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: not much advancement
Benefits for family good.
A typical day is quite busy in the financial department.
Overall a great company.

I enjoy the culture of the university.
It's all about caring.
Intern - H.S.
Chemical Engineering Internship (Former Employee), Villanova, PANovember 27, 2013
Chemical Engineering Internship
• Observed and assisted graduate students with lab work
• Gained insight into lab protocol and procedures,
• Titration, Centrifugation, Gas Chromatography, etc.
• Participated in the communication team
Amazing job opportunity
Assistant Project Manager/Interpeter (Former Employee), Villanova,PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: was part of something big
Cons: no cons whatsoever
I was hired as an assistant for one of the " Waslala telehealth" project managers to basically translate all documents and conversations with Nicaraguans.
I also was part of the project planning and mission trips. Every day I learned new words and engineering terms and I researched how to use them in Spanish and English so I could use them correctly – more... in my interpretations.
Working for the Engineering Dean was an amazing experience. – less
hard work
Dishwasher/Utility assistant (Former Employee), Radnor, PAAugust 27, 2013
my job here was fun,the food was great and they taught me how to do basic prep
Barista (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: part-time employees don't receive benefits, you have to be there for a long time to get good working hours.
Management is good. Very beautiful school, working conditions are excellent. Its a very good company to work for if you are full-time.
Review of workplace
Barista (Current Employee), Villanova, PAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch and some supervisor can be very understanding.
Cons: no benefits for part time employees. very hard to find a full-time job with morning hours.
Villanova University is a good place to work. Very clean school and great pay.
This was a case study
American Eagle Outfitters Case Study (Former Employee), Villanova, PAJune 17, 2013
I helped create an advertisement campaign for clothing company’s Summer 2012 Back to School lineup. Gathered research on American Eagle, its competitors, their target demographic, and the clothing industry in general and created mockups of advertisements for mailings, magazine spaces and campaign promotional materials.
Student Researcher
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee), Villanova, PAMay 13, 2013
Worked for two years while I pursued my Master's Degree. Pay was low but I learned a lot
Co-workers
Staff (Former Employee), VillanovaMay 9, 2013
Pros: nice campus
Cons: hr doesn't care about everybody's wellbeing just about relevant indiduals.
Villanova seems a very nice place to work for however there are some backstabbers who doesn't do their job but driven by jealousy and immaturity they feel the need to talk badly about others and complain to higher management about stupid things I rather not to mention here. Be aware, this place might be based in catholic principles but doesn't mean – more... all the people who work there are nice people. There are some individuals who feel they are above everybody else and that their needy request have to be heard no matter how stupid they seem (non-job related) so you cannot act like a human.
Oh, and seems they like to make anonymous complain and stalk you and report every move you make. – less
Productive and very Informative.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Villanova, PAApril 7, 2013
Learnt a lot in computer science domain. Here faculties are very helpful. Gaining a lot amount of knowledge in very short amount of time.
Graduate Fellow is a great role while completing my MBA
Graduate Fellow (Current Employee), Villanova, PAApril 3, 2013
Pros: create your own schedule
Cons: no cons, as school credits are paid for coupled with a stipend
Graduate Fellow
• Fellowship Program, contribute to MBA faculty publications through research and applications of business concepts
• Corporate governance project studying the valuation consequences of implementing majority-support shareholder proposals in Fortune 500 companies after the enactment of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Dot-com Bubble
• Conduct – more... research in business IT management, including internet privacy, e-commerce taxation, crowd sourcing and social media for various publications, editorials and international conferences
• Business analytics project in regression modeling to examine statistics in the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL – less
Challenging place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Villanova, PAApril 3, 2013
Pros: small campus
stimulating work atmosphere with both students and fellow professors
Typical Graduate Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Villanova, PAJanuary 29, 2013
I spent the majority of my time working on the research for my graduate thesis, while being a TA for 3, 3-hour labs per week during the Fall and Spring semester and 2, 3-hour labs per week for one month during Summer semester. I also took extra work preparing for organic chemistry labs and staffing the chemical stockroom when needed.