Villanova University Employee Reviews

Low Pay with Little Hope for Advancement
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 8, 2017
The job was typical for adjunct labor in the contemporary university.

While preparing and carrying out classes, lectures, and a general arch of the course was very rewarding, speaking as an individual who believes in the merits of education in general and questioning our assumptions, as an adjunct, ultimately, the salary, and benefits made it clear that one is always replaceable.
Grad Student
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 6, 2017
Villanova is an excellent school and they treat their graduate students extremely well. Hard work is rewarded and it is truly a place that an enterprising student will be successful at.
Great
Fundraiser Representative (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 3, 2017
Working for Villanova University call center was great. One of the highest paying jobs on campus. 3 hour shifts. I worked as much as I could. Easy job.
Fun,productive,kind people
Assistant Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 25, 2017
A great place to work . Good people,great benefits & many opportunities.The location is easy access with public transportation. The Augustina values are carried out in there approach in policy's.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hrs
Villanova Life
Professional Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 14, 2017
My Villanova experience couldn't have been more fulfilling and enriching. I can say, without a doubt, that I am a better husband, friend, and overall human being due to my time here at 'Nova
Productive, good learning experience
Junior IT Systems analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 4, 2017
My time working at Villanova was productive and fulfiling. I was given the opportunity to learn several new skills here as part of my work position. Overall great experience.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 3, 2017
Villanova is a wonderful place to work
I enjoyed my time there i couldn't have asked to be anywhere esle the staff there are excellent the atmosphere is amazing
nice place
Professional Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMay 23, 2017
work life balance is great but other areas of work are lacking. Pay is weak and work culture is problematic. There are no real good advancement opportunities and you get stuck at the salary you are hired at.
Not bad overall, but rushed and confused at times
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 13, 2017
The actual work experience was fine. There was sometimes an unfortunate lack of communication over which professor's job it was to teach the basics to the students, so occasionally the buck got passed to infinity.
I did not work here....
President (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 9, 2017
I am a student at Villanova and I did not actually work here. The organization that I created is a part of the school and if that was working then I would do it forever.
Great entry level position for high school students
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 30, 2017
My experience has been good so far. It is my first real job and a resume builder. A typical day as a dining service employee would be: setting up the dining area, ensuring that customers are satisfied with their meals, and cleaning the area when customers are finished.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hours
This is a snake pit
Program Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
They lied to us. Made us take a training and then moved us because they over hired with the people. The only thing I like was learning about the programs itself and the my co-workers that were in the same training class.
Pros
its a job
Cons
it sucks
This was a school project
Electronic Lock App (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I did not work for Villanova I just worked on many projects as a student at Villanova. I was not paid but have enjoyed my time working on these projects
I was just a student at the time, fun job.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I was still a teen, working there for the season. Fun place to work, a lot of friends worked there with me. The job taught me teamwork,
Deveopled
Tattoo Artist (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 22, 2017
Loved every moment of being there. This place helped me in so many ways for not only working but growing in my personal development. It was a wonderful experience
Excellent employer offering great wages and an exceptional benefits package.
Master Gardener (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 14, 2017
Having worked at Villanova for over a decade, i can without a doubt say that it is a great place to work. The benefits are amazing, especially the ability to go to pursue a degree for free. The community is great and still maintain a "family" feel despite the trend in many places becoming more "corporate".
Pros
Benefits, great community
Cons
Challenges of working at a University ie; traffic large events, occasionally rowdy students
Conference Services
Conference Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 28, 2016
Conference Services was a very unpredictable job, with a schedule that was different every week with the amount of events on campus, and a very close-knit group of coworkers. And while I was thrown into it without any form of training, I enjoyed my time there for the time that I worked there.
Great place to work but little room for advancement within the department
Assistant Direct of Student Financial Assistance (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 27, 2016
Strongly believed in the mission of the university. Enjoyed my co- workers and the students that I assisted. Advanced from a counselor to assistant director quickly. Learned to manage a variety of federal and state financial aid programs.
Great Place to work/go to school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 17, 2016
just a graduate assistant while attending school so not your regular employee. But loved the position and the work we did
Nice campus, ample opportunities to continue education
Art Gallery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 27, 2016
Good school of business - was glad to earn MBA from Villanova.
Unfortunately was not able to use my degree at Villanova because the Gallery was run without any respect to efficiency - just by emotions of supervisors.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Run by Catholic clergy - hypocricy and plots