Villanova University Employee Reviews

Wonderful work environment
Digital Print 3 Manager (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 18, 2016
Villanova University is a wonderful community to work within, the co-workers were professional and courteous. The benefit packages offered to the staff were incredible. The job opportunity was wonderful and I would recommend working for this wonderful University.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long drive from Perkasie
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 16, 2016
Very good place to work and professors are very supportive. Explored new stuff while working and it is a great opportunity to work for the department of computer science at Villanova University.
villanova made me
panty (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 9, 2016
Working at Villanova build me into the man i am today.Coming out of high school having a baby is hard but my work family alway support
me mentally and emotionally.They alway had a open ear to listen to each other problem.
Dynamic and fun workplace
Asst Director of Women's Basketball Operations (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 14, 2016
My current role as the Assistant Director of Women’s Basketball Operations includes: providing day-to-day support to the Head Coach, taking a lead role in managing, planning, and execution of events. As the liaison to several departments, I would welcome the challenge of cultivating and successfully soliciting successful work relationships elsewhere.
Pros
flexible schedule
keep looking
Advancement Communications (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 23, 2015
in my opinion the communications department hires too many friends and family members of VPs. It is too top heavy, it outsources too much work and has lost too many people who walked off the job, left, went to other departments, due to stress or other reason,
Pros
The university offers good benefits
Cons
stressful & pay could be better
Catholic University
VP of Pre-PA Club (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 20, 2016
I have had a great educational and social experience all four years as a full-time student here. As a senior graduating in May of this year, I am sad to go, but I have learned a lot and will bring many ideals and skills with me for the rest of my life, personally and professionally.
Villanova CON
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Multiple hospitals in the Philadelphia AreaFebruary 10, 2016
I absolutely love being a part of the Villanova community. Area is very safe, and walking around the campus is an added benefit.
Pros
beautiful campus, friendly staff
Cons
dealing with the PA turnpike
Educating the college population
Counselor/Investigator (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 13, 2015
Working in a college environment and getting to interact daily with young adults was by far my most positive and enjoyable employment experience. I worked with a fabulous team of the Public Safety staff at Villanova University and thoroughly enjoyed educating the staff, the students and their families. Although my role of working with victims of crime on campus could be challenging, it was the most rewarding and satisfying. Being able to assist, support, and help young women on campus never seemed like "a job" - every new experience enabled me to learn, grow and gain more knowledge as well as forge new relationships and friendships.
Pros
Interacting, educating and meeting new young adults each and every day
Excellent benefits
Accounting Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 11, 2013
Benefits for family good.
A typical day is quite busy in the financial department.
Overall a great company.

I enjoy the culture of the university.
It's all about caring.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
not much advancement
Best job I ever had!
Computer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PANovember 6, 2014
One of the premier universities in the northeast. Great place to work! Family atmosphere and friendly culture. Wonderful benefits with tuition remission advantages.
Relaxed, non-stressful atmosphere
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 12, 2012
Pleasant place to work. The pace was relatively slow and there was not too much stress. Some deadlines, of course, but always there was support and praise.
Pros
free education for employee and employee's family
Cons
the pay scale was low.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2013
Management is good. Very beautiful school, working conditions are excellent. Its a very good company to work for if you are full-time.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
part-time employees don't receive benefits, you have to be there for a long time to get good working hours.
Teaching / Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 3, 2016
Assisted teachers with classes, learned a lot along the way. They we're welcoming and considerate of my time, and I would recommend working at the University.
Review of workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 19, 2013
Villanova University is a good place to work. Very clean school and great pay.
Pros
free lunch and some supervisor can be very understanding.
Cons
no benefits for part time employees. very hard to find a full-time job with morning hours.
Productive and positive workplace
Adjunct Professor, College of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 8, 2015
Villanova University is a very diverse and exciting place to work. It has a strong foundation in human rights and ethics and lives by the Catholic values that are the cornerstone of the university. The college of nursing is an outstanding program that has educated nursing leaders throughout our community and the world.
Pros
Very ethics drive
Cons
Early hours
Graduate Fellow is a great role while completing my MBA
Graduate Fellow (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 3, 2013
Graduate Fellow
• Fellowship Program, contribute to MBA faculty publications through research and applications of business concepts
• Corporate governance project studying the valuation consequences of implementing majority-support shareholder proposals in Fortune 500 companies after the enactment of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Dot-com Bubble
• Conduct research in business IT management, including internet privacy, e-commerce taxation, crowd sourcing and social media for various publications, editorials and international conferences
• Business analytics project in regression modeling to examine statistics in the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
no cons, as school credits are paid for coupled with a stipend
Coordinating all schedules for all Athletic Facilities
Coordinator of Facilities and Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Villanova PADecember 19, 2012
Job Responsibilities:
-Scheduling all request for athletic facilities
-Event management for all 21 Varsity programs
-Walk through of facilities to see of any maintenance needs to be done.
-Updating and managing all invoices for outside groups using the facilities.
-Supervising all front desk attendants and student workers
-Managing all budgets for front desk employees.
-Working at the front desk of the athletic department.

Great working environment, enjoy working with all my co-workers and the environment of college athletics.

Learning a lot how regarding how to organize large events successfully, so that fan have a great experience, but are also safe in the venue. Managing and arranging schedules for very few facilities, with high demand.
Cons
hours working 12-8pm at the front desk.
Co-workers
Staff (Former Employee) –  VillanovaMay 9, 2013
Villanova seems a very nice place to work for however there are some backstabbers who doesn't do their job but driven by jealousy and immaturity they feel the need to talk badly about others and complain to higher management about stupid things I rather not to mention here. Be aware, this place might be based in catholic principles but doesn't mean all the people who work there are nice people. There are some individuals who feel they are above everybody else and that their needy request have to be heard no matter how stupid they seem (non-job related) so you cannot act like a human.
Oh, and seems they like to make anonymous complain and stalk you and report every move you make.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
hr doesn't care about everybody's wellbeing just about relevant indiduals.
Hard work but fun.
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 19, 2015
If I remember correctly, I worked from 7:30am until 3:30pm and actually clocked out at 4:00pm. The work was hard especially in the winter. I was called in anytime of night for snow removal. In summertime the mowing never seemed to stop. Overall though a good experience as I had chances to design garden areas which was outside of my regular work.
Pros
money was good.
Cons
sometimes a bit of office politics.
Balance of Opportunity and Challenges
Campus Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Every day is new and exciting for a Campus Ministry Intern. One wears many hats in this role and it is a great deal of fun especially if you enjoy mentoring college students. Time management is the key to being successful in this role. Because there are many hats worn, it can be a challenge to manage one's personal time and the many projects for both campus ministry and one's classes.

4.4