VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with okay management
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 7, 2017
Worked at Villa for a few years. Made a lot of friends that I still keep in contact with and see now. Overall I enjoyed working here although management changed alot and never really ran smoothly. Half the time me and my coworkers kept the job afloat not the management.
Quick paced and Competitive work place
Cafe/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at VillaSport is very tiring. The team is great but the environment is stressful and face paced. You always have to be on your best behavior and treat people with excellent customer service
Productive and fun workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 1, 2017
Very great environment to be in. Always smiling faces and great conversation regardless of who you meet! Would recommend to anyone looking for a job or gym membership!
Great work environment, great members, and great management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 2, 2017
Management listens to the member concerns and also employee concerns. The facility is well maintained and always clean. They go above and beyond to make it a great work environment and a great place to be.
Management Problems
Lifeguard and Swim Lesson Instructor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2016
I love working at Villa. I loved my job and role there very much. I became very close with many members. The only problem is Villa's management. The management is horrible. There is a lack of communication. The management cares a lot about their members, which they should, but they shove their employees under the bus. Some of the rules are so ridiculous. All the deportment managers and directors are great. The problem is with HR, and the GM and Head manager.
Pros
Free membership, great people and coworkers
Cons
Ridiculous rules, Main management makes the employees hate their job.
Concierge/member services
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 27, 2016
the rude, entitled customers are terrible. I would not recommend working at the front desk. You get yelled at for stupid things and it's not worth $12.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Rude coworkers and members
great
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 2, 2016
great if you like pizza, wonderfgul customer service, good food, fast deliver, good manage=menbt of Montgomery location\, frieldnly employees
Pros
lunches
Cons
time off
Overall a fun place to work if you're not looking for career advancement
Fitness Advisor and Group Fitness Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 17, 2016
I enjoy motivating members to lead a healthy life and that is why I work at Villa Sport. I also enjoy the ability to set my own schedule as a Fitness Advisor and Group Fitness Associate. Overall my direct managers and co-workers are friendly and easy going. The lack of unity from management is less than desirable, in addition to the negativity, but that is to be expected in corporate America. The most enjoyable part of my job is motivating and educating individuals in health and fitness. The hardest part is having a salary based primarily on commission, otherwise compensation is minimum wage regardless of my experience and education. I'm learning that success is not measured in dollars and that I'm in control and drive where I want to be in 5 years. Valuing both the members and employees above the bottom line should be a priority. The two go hand in hand.
Pros
Flexible schedule as a Fitness Advisor, Nice Facility, Free Membership
Cons
Lack of unity among managers, employees not valued, lack of recruiting from within, very little room for career advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 16, 2016
VillaSport is a great company to work for. They have been good to me for the most part. Get's frustrating at time but in the end I like my job.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Months to hire someone to fill a position
An awesome place to work fun and exciting
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 17, 2016
i was a life guard and swim instructor at Villa and it was awesome. i was paid extremely well for being a swim instructor, not so much for being a life guard only 8/hr.

Want to know more about VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place to work with good gym membership benefits
Human Resources and Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2015
Co-workers are very supportive and help you build your professional repertoire. The coaching by management has been invaluable. The compensation could be better for a position that is expected to be salary in almost every other industry.

Being able to make suggestions to help improve the company is nice but it would be even better to get feed back on the suggestions to see if there is anything being changed based off of your suggestions.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Compensation
Management Could care less about individual employees
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 18, 2015
This company is all about the bottom line and nothing but the bottom line. The General Manager of The Woodlands location spends most of his days in his office at his computer with Zero care of his members or employees. Management even further up the chain is atrocious as well. They expect you to work when they say 'jump" and you'll receive little to no notice or commendation for your hard work or efforts. The only positive thing I can say about this company was the team of individuals that I worked with in my department was an amazing group of people. VP of operations, Sales Director, General Manager, and up could care less about you as an individual as long as you hit the numbers they want you to hit while continuing to pay you less and less on your commissions.

-1 Star. Would not work here again, would suggest you look elsewhere if you want to be compensated for your efforts and hard work fairly.
Pros
Free Membership to a gym that is still sub par to lifetime fitness
Cons
Poor Management, Not Valued as an Employee, Long Hours, Commission Structure is Misleading
Great Job
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsMarch 10, 2015
I loved it. I worked as a membership Advisor there. I work 2 jobs though and it is a full time job where overtime is expected during promotions. I didn't any cons with the positions. I would've loved to stay if I didn't have a second job. I wish there was a part time position there with that. My co-workers in the back were amazing! Wendy has bigger biceps that most men I know! ;-)

I still work at the company as a front desk associate.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and meeting tons of people in a great enviroment.
Work out!
Spa Lead- Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 8, 2014
I love getting a free gym membership! I love that I can work out or relax before and after my shifts.
Great Job Until You Get Burnt Out
Membership Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 19, 2014
It was great to show people around such a beautiful facility and get compensated well if they joined, but after 2 years you get tired of the people who want a luxury club for nothing and just get burnt out.

Most decisions come from the corporate office so it is difficult to get things done for members in a timely manner.
Pros
Pay, free membership
Cons
Mean, annoying members and the difficulty of trying to get things done through management/corporate office
Nice Job
Facilities Director (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 21, 2013
Enjoyed my time at Villa, really sharpened up my game. As Facilities Director at VillaSport Athletic Club, an 88,000 sq. ft. building with 5 pools and 4 whirlpools, I supervised up to 35 employees including two leads for Maintenance and Operations.