VINCE Solutions a California based IT consulting company is looking for Sr. Network Security for our DIRECT CLIENT (fortune 15th listed client)
SR. NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
Location: Emeryville, CA
Juniper switches, Routers and Security expertise is a MUST
Seeking an experienced Network Engineer with solid Security skills to perform network/security architecture and design skills with LAN/WAN connections, to support our large datacenter infrastructure of over 200 web and database servers. The qualified candidate will have experience with multiple platforms, in addition to experience working with a Microsoft Active Directory network environment. The Network Engineer will be responsible for implementing and troubleshooting customer facing networking hardware and software, including all interior and exterior routing protocols (BGP, RIP v.2, OSPF, and IGRP). The role will also require researching and recommending new network hardware and software products.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Cisco and Juniper Router , switch and firewalls
- Complete understanding of layer 1 and layer 2 of the OSI model, including all fiber and copper media. Understanding of ISP and Internet backbone design, as well as fiber optic network specifics.
- Advanced technical skills relating to web load balancers, including Cisco and F5.
- Network security expert with extensive IPS, and ACL skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows processes and services including security administration and advanced configuration
- Strong knowledge of network ne and security correlation engine like Cisco MARS
- Strong understanding of IP/TCP/UDP basics, including IP version 4 and 6
- Monitoring and analyzing security event reports from a number technology sources
- Assist on incident response, investigations, and security events
- Monitors advisories, assesses vulnerability and recommends corrective action
- Provide support on compliance initiatives PCI, SOX etc
- Provide tier 3 support to 7x24 365 customer facing infrastructure
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years hands-on experience
Indeed - 9 months ago