Vince Employee Reviews

Not well organized.
MicroStrategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
No specific Manager who overlook all the tasks or requests. Users always reaching out to developers directly! Nobody want's to take any responsibility.
Changing work culture.
Desktop Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
- Very hectic Culture
- Learned that I'm capable of handling multiple projects with required responsibilities.
- My co-workers are very resilient group.
-Dealing with the unexpected on daily basis.
-the most of enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment.
Pros
No layering of management
Cons
High turn emplyee turnover and health benefits.
productive place to work
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
the management team were great when they around but when it came down to asking the management team for something to help further the goals of the brand they took forever in responding to the request and should the request be approved they took forever to get the task done.
Great company
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 19, 2016
Vince products are prestige is a leading contemporary fashion brand best known for modern effortless.
Great place to work.
Apply at your own risk
Stockroom/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
The Washington Street store men and women have horrible management. It has the same manager that depends on lower level employees to carry her weight! If you want to be over worked and under paid and under appreciated then you will be a perfect person for this position. The "free" clothing allowance is not a clothing allowance because they take out you check little bit at a time. The benefits are great that's the only thing. You will never get more than a 5 percent yearly increase and you have to jump over the moon for that! Mostly likely you'd hard work wil earn you a whole 2 percent ! So when you work your butt off because you will have to. The manager will take credit and earn bonuses off of your sweat! Apply at your own risk!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Salary, wage, management, work environment and schedule
Learning experience
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 29, 2015
Working for a single vendor like Vince gave me the opportunity to learn about what it takes to become a brand ambassador, knowing a single label inside and out.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Vince. is a great retailer to work for. The job culture is relaxed, yet professional. Great hours and and have time to pursue own advances after hours
Fun luxury environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2015
Working in a luxury retail environment is amazing. The company provides you with all the tools you need to be successful. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such an amazing team and learning from them.
Shipment Day
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Upon entering work I check to ensure all sizes are on the floor that meet the display standards set for the company. Replinishment is key in the stock room also communication from sales associates to stock associates.

As the shipment arrives mid-afternoon, I ensure all items are in the cartons/boxes that in which they were shipped in. Place items in stock room and dispose all garbage necessary. If "new arrival" items are sent in the shipment, they are immediately sent to the floor in a full size run to ensure everything is up to date.

As the store begins to wind down and close I make sure all items are replinished and the sales floor looks presentable. All garbage is disposed and a checklist is made for the following day of what to expect or do.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Sales reps compete for sales
Terrific company with great expectations for the future
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 26, 2014
I have an amazing staff that's as dedicated to service and knowledge as our company is to quality and refinement. We have the benefit of being a part of a small, but quickly growing environment where everyone has a chance for their voice to be heard and evoke change that's actually seen and felt.
Pros
clothing allowance, work/life balance, allotment for creativity
Cons
small company equals growing pains and unnecessary double work
Coordinator at Vince
Coordinator, Licensing and Distribution (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
I have learned a great deal while working at Vince. It is a fast pace environment. Everyone there are team players and collaborative. Overall, it has been a positive experience.
Fast paced, fast growing company
Assistant Store Manager/Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Managed a team of 8
Worked well in a team environment
Communicated directly with other stores
As a company was able to get things done efficiently
No work life balance
Pros
able to maintain my visual speciality and management abilities
Cons
work life balance, low stock in popular items
Fast pace, upbeat workplace with very understanding to scheduling
Sales Associate/Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at VINCE. My team was amazing, I still keep in touch with everyone. We were like a family in that store. I've learned a lot working for this company.
Pros
Great benefits, bonuses, competitions and allowance.
Cons
Management.
Growing company with a lot to offer to their employee's
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2015
- There is never a typical day
- You can bring new ideas and have them placed into action ASAP
- Amazing corporate partners
- Outstanding sales techniques and teams
Fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager/ Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2012
A typical day for me was managing others. I reviewed goals and tasks with fellow employees. The daily operations were the most fun for me. I was able to manage the store as well as the sales of the store. I had a great team to help and work with.
Great company to work for!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Corporate is very accessible and supporting of all retail locations.
associates are given the opportunity of growth and e-mail communications all throughout
Fun and professional environment in high end fashion.
FT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
I was one of 4 managers and I'd either open or close the store by myself or with an associate. A typical work day would be to count the registers, print out and log KPI reports, send emails to the district manager regarding our store productivity and numbers for the day at the end of the night. We sold mostly based on clienteling and reaching out to customers via phone or email. Clienteling was the biggest objective and was required since it's a low volume store. I coached associates to better improve themselves if they needed improvement. When goals were met individually as well as generally, I sent out praise and awards.

The whole management team was extremely professional and a blast to work with as well as the associates. We created a sense of family. I would say that was the best part of the job because we worked as a strong team and there was no division or competetion among us when it came to selling. The hardest part of the job was reaching out to clients and actually getting them to come into the store to check out new products. Rejection was ordinary so you have to be very personable, genuine, convincing, and make them want to come in. What I learned from this experience was to better communicate with clients. I was new at it going into the job with such strict standards but I learned to excel in that field. It was over all a great experience.
Pros
Wonderful staff, developing relationships with regular clients.
Cons
No benefits
good comapny
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 24, 2014
Fashion forward brand, very enjoyable to work for. The style of the brand was also very interesting. Also the brand has lots of opportunity for growth
Capable team led to great successes: Individually I experienced great personal and professional growth and extensive knowledge in the consumer market
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my position and growth at Vince was in the first year of establishment and the many firsts from clients, to community, events, implementing future sales goals, and efficient ways to maximize organizational systems.

The development of adjusting to roles and tasks as they came up and discussing weaknesses and strengths followed by strategies to maximize and improve our personal business was worked through once a month. The excitement of opening kept us progressing and moving towards our goals and kept us working together and bringing the energy every day.

I loved being part of a store in the beginning stages and left with great pride in my growth both personally and professionally. I continue to have excellent relationships not only with my previous co-workers but previous clients alike.
Pros
lots of soft sweaters!
Cons
did not challenge my greater interest in the manufacturing, allocating, buying, and wholesale aspects of the line and brand as a whole
Excellent place to work. Expanding rapidly.
Full-time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CANovember 5, 2012
Coworkers and Vince team are extremely helpful to work with.