Vince Employee Reviews

Great experience
Key Holder/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 15, 2017
Loved working at Vince, great opportunity and great team/management. So good I plan on returning! I went from seasonal to part time to full time key holder in under a year. Growth from within is a huge plus!
Good Retail Experience
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work for more slower paced. Good discount and work -life balance. Good benefits and organization is working to provide an authentic selling culture
I love this job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 8, 2017
Although there were lots of changes in the past year, the people I work with and the product we sell make it all worth it. I would definitely recommend this job to a friend
casual work place
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2017
Desk work with minimal team interactions. Communication with internal departments solely via email. Workplace culture was not present, the new front desk really incorporated events on holidays which was a enjoyable.
Pros
diverse employees, wide age range, departments celebrate birthdays = food
Cons
minimal team communication, zero accountability, zero direction, zero inclusivity, large portion of peers across departments were freelance or temp, street parking
Ok, but not the best
Brand Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
The company itself has undergone an intense transformation and it is struggling. Unfortunately, that weight falls down upon the store associates in terms of wages and responsibilities.
Pros
Clothing Discount, Competitive Pay
Cons
Hard to move up, weak communication lines to higher-ups.
Moral in dept, was overall good.
International Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 11, 2017
Loved my work responsibilities, Enjoyed my sales and shipping dept. Import dept. was also helpful. Daily functions completed. Company birthdays and lunches were also nice.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Lay off
Failed regional
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FLApril 14, 2017
The company was great, we had a regional manager that did a very bad job of managing. I trained employees and decided to move on to work for dsquared2
Productive, inspiring environment
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
Wonderful management and culture on Allocation and Planning team. Standard 9-6 work hours allowing a healthy work/life balance. CEO & CFO regularly provided town hall meetings giving entire company exposure into what was currently going on in the business.
Not for everyone.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 15, 2017
The positions at the Sunrise location of Vince are vacant because of the lack of leadership in the store. Everyone is for self, including the higher-ups, and only work to weasel out of responsibility. A strong associate will find themselves caring the most, and doing the most for the benefit of the store while others gallivant around the store with each other. Store is favoritism based, and forces a lot of good employees to leave demotivated. As a former worker, I would not step foot back into the store, let alone reference the store for a new associate to thrive.
Pros
Allotment of Clothes so you can represent the brand properly.
Cons
Associates are USED, not utilized. Low compensation and MANAGEMENT IS LACKING
Nice company
Sr Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Nice experience working at Vince . Great styles and Great work areas. The company is doing great and really enjoy working at Vince .

I wish them the best for this new year 2017.
I love the company!
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 2, 2017
One of the best retailers I've worked for. Great benefits, network, growth. Workplace was a typical retail environment, had events 3 times a month.
No job security
Woman's Senior R&D Coordinator/Fabric Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I was hired as a temp & promised a full time position.
I turned down 2 other jobs during the 6 months I was employed there.

When I finally asked my immediate supervisor when i could be transferred to full-time, she reviewed my file, saw I was paid more than her & let me go the next day.
No warning, no compensation 2 weeks before Christmas.

She did ask me if I would consider coming back at a later date.
I was shocked. I worked 12 - 14 hour days.
I have never felt so taken advantage of.
Pros
the money
Cons
Kaylin Yang - watch out for her
High upper management turn over
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2017
Upper management was a revolving door of high turnover. From corporate executives, district managers to store teams. The company would release new initiates with knowledge that all the issues were not taken care of so it would set stores up for failure. This company could potentially be a great company to work for but they have the wrong people in key roles. Hopefully, higher management at an executive level can fix it. Or maybe those are the individuals that need replacing.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
upper management, brown nosers, based on favorites vs. work ethic.
Not well organized.
MicroStrategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
No specific Manager who overlook all the tasks or requests. Users always reaching out to developers directly! Nobody want's to take any responsibility.
A Great place for and established manger
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
This company was the perfect fit for my individual style , I really believed in the brand message and how the management team was able to support the customer in every way possible.
Great company
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 19, 2016
Vince products are prestige is a leading contemporary fashion brand best known for modern effortless.
Great place to work.
Changing work culture.
Desktop Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2016
- Very hectic Culture
- Learned that I'm capable of handling multiple projects with required responsibilities.
- My co-workers are very resilient group.
-Dealing with the unexpected on daily basis.
-the most of enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment.
Pros
No layering of management
Cons
High turn emplyee turnover and health benefits.
productive place to work
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
the management team were great when they around but when it came down to asking the management team for something to help further the goals of the brand they took forever in responding to the request and should the request be approved they took forever to get the task done.
Fun and professional environment in high end fashion.
FT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
I was one of 4 managers and I'd either open or close the store by myself or with an associate. A typical work day would be to count the registers, print out and log KPI reports, send emails to the district manager regarding our store productivity and numbers for the day at the end of the night. We sold mostly based on clienteling and reaching out to customers via phone or email. Clienteling was the biggest objective and was required since it's a low volume store. I coached associates to better improve themselves if they needed improvement. When goals were met individually as well as generally, I sent out praise and awards.

The whole management team was extremely professional and a blast to work with as well as the associates. We created a sense of family. I would say that was the best part of the job because we worked as a strong team and there was no division or competetion among us when it came to selling. The hardest part of the job was reaching out to clients and actually getting them to come into the store to check out new products. Rejection was ordinary so you have to be very personable, genuine, convincing, and make them want to come in. What I learned from this experience was to better communicate with clients. I was new at it going into the job with such strict standards but I learned to excel in that field. It was over all a great experience.
Pros
Wonderful staff, developing relationships with regular clients.
Cons
No benefits
Learning experience
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 29, 2015
Working for a single vendor like Vince gave me the opportunity to learn about what it takes to become a brand ambassador, knowing a single label inside and out.