Vincennes University Employee Reviews

relaxed
Intern (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJuly 28, 2017
Very relaxed place to work. My press releases were never under time constraints so I was able to work at my own pace. My supervisor never gave me ideas on how to better my articles, he always changed them himself.
Pros
education
Cons
no pay
it was alright of service
Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJuly 18, 2017
The burger king in Vincennes, Indiana was a decent structure of business. but i have been to way better burger king in Indiana. the workers were rude accept for the manager.
Productive and fun place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 10, 2017
As an adjunct professor I meet a diverse population in the field of service. I enjoy sharing my expertise and knowledge and the exchange of ideas that is shared between student and professor.
Pros
diverse students
Great Place to Work!
RESEA Reemployment Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJune 8, 2017
Everyone in each department is kind and helpful. It is a great place to work. They maintain a work life balance. They offer discounted tuition for employees and their families.
Good
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJune 4, 2017
A typical day was spent taking care of each building assigned to each employee. When we were short staff we showed good team work and help each other to ensure the job was completed in a timely manner, Our management would take notice of this teamwork and showed their appreciation.

We received good benefits for health which in our area was hard to come by.
Good
Cons
n/a
Small college atmosphere with big-school opportunities
Communications (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 31, 2017
VU provides a plethora of opportunities to grow and advance in your career while helping individuals of all ages begin their career paths and create a high quality of life.
Fun work place where everyone gets along
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 22, 2017
This was an amazing job to have while i was a student. The faculty and the other students you work with are amazing and everyone found a new way to make everyday just as enjoyable as the last.
Pros
The people and we often got free food
Student Worker
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 19, 2017
I was a student worker for Vincennes University, I worked in the admissions office as a secretary to the External Relations department. It was a very good experience.
Worked after school while attending college
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 15, 2017
There wasn't much room for advancement in this position, due to the fact that it was strictly for students. But the job was fun and I learned a lot. The most enjoyable part of this job was the amount of people I met on a daily basis and the excitement from the parents/students.
Pros
Gained campus knowledge
Cons
Pay could have been better
Fine place to work
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 3, 2017
Great team and good people. Some really good benefits with the job such as break on education. I was challenged working for VU. The work/life balance was great and I had a great boss.
Fun place to work
Irrigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 3, 2017
Good place to work in the summer time.In the winter not much to do in the evenings. Most work gets done during the day so in the evenings there isn't much to take care of.
Pros
Use of shop on personal time
Cons
Hourly pay
Productive and professional workplace
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Show up on time motivated, well trainned and ready get the workload done. I have learned attention to detail and safety.
Management are responsible to ensuring everyone complies with company policies for safety and production.
To have a good and professional relation with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is to ensure everyone have the same mindset for the accomplishiment of the work to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see how you impacted positively on the coorporation mission goals.
Social workplace
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed being a Resident Assistant. I helped with all the students needs in the dorm. I loved working with all the rest of the RAs. It was almost like a second family to all of us. My director of students was a great person to work for.
My favorite job ever
Adjunct English Professor (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INOctober 27, 2016
Vincennes University is a wonderful place to work with some many thoughtful, kind, caring and loving staff. The students are either very goal driven or slacker.
Good Place to work
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 8, 2016
VU has a good environment to work in. My co-workers are dependable and supportive. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to go out and train faculty and staff on developing a web page.
Working with residents and answering any questions.
Assistant Hall Coordinator ("AD") (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 2, 2016
Residents would meet with me with their problems and questions. I would work with other coworkers to meet those needs. Their was a lot of paperwork involved.
good place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJune 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working as a cook and the customer service always busy with lots of student activity. This was also a bowling center at a university which kept things very active.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
no benefits
Loved the job, just not some of the office politics
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 14, 2016
I loved most of the people I worked with and was always able to learn new things. I enjoyed trying to find new ways to make things run more efficiently. The salary was not appropriate for the work they wanted the employees to do, and they would often eliminate jobs, add that work to someone else's already full work load, but not be willing to compensate for the additional work.
Benefits
Cons
Office politics and work load for pay
Great Place to Work!
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 25, 2016
Vincennes University is a great place to work. Because it's a smaller campus, you feel like you are part of a family.The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that I help students. The hardest part of the day is seeing them fail and delivering bad news.
Pros
Wellness Program, Casual Days, Great Benefits
Cons
Communication between offices could be better
A good place to work.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 12, 2016
The supervision in the beginning was excellant as I was support staff. As the years went on the supervision was changed due to State and Federal guidelines. Different people in power. I learned politics plays a big part in government jobs.
Pros
Time off was always considered.
Cons
Changing the way the job was done.