Vincennes University Employee Reviews

Working with residents and answering any questions.
Assistant Hall Coordinator ("AD") (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 2, 2016
Residents would meet with me with their problems and questions. I would work with other coworkers to meet those needs. Their was a lot of paperwork involved.
good place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJune 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working as a cook and the customer service always busy with lots of student activity. This was also a bowling center at a university which kept things very active.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
no benefits
Loved the job, just not some of the office politics
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 14, 2016
I loved most of the people I worked with and was always able to learn new things. I enjoyed trying to find new ways to make things run more efficiently. The salary was not appropriate for the work they wanted the employees to do, and they would often eliminate jobs, add that work to someone else's already full work load, but not be willing to compensate for the additional work.
Benefits
Cons
Office politics and work load for pay
Great Place to Work!
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 25, 2016
Vincennes University is a great place to work. Because it's a smaller campus, you feel like you are part of a family.The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that I help students. The hardest part of the day is seeing them fail and delivering bad news.
Pros
Wellness Program, Casual Days, Great Benefits
Cons
Communication between offices could be better
A good place to work.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 12, 2016
The supervision in the beginning was excellant as I was support staff. As the years went on the supervision was changed due to State and Federal guidelines. Different people in power. I learned politics plays a big part in government jobs.
Pros
Time off was always considered.
Cons
Changing the way the job was done.
Working with different cultures
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INNovember 24, 2015
Working with different groups and people in any given day. Planning and organizing for events on a day by day. Scheduling Supervisors and employees to fulfill the need for the events.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Teaching, Learning, Sharing, Students, Music
Director of Bands, Choirs (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 15, 2015
Teaching Music for 17 years at Vincennes University in Indiana was a truly unique experience. College students are a joy to teach. They are there because they want to learn while having fun. They are serious about preparing for their future and graduation is the common goal for all. Their maturity and cleverness can create memorable moments.
As in all situations, some to not share the mission of educational achievement and either knowingly or unwittingly create difficult situations for all.
The faculty and administration all share in the common goasl for success and work well together to achieve the goals.
Pros
Achievement of goals, the learning process, association with students
Cons
Paperwork, meetings, reports, budgets, some difficult students
most enjoyable part of my job
Upward Bound Director (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 26, 2015
The students and the people you work for make the job worthwhile. It really makes coming to work enjoyable and something to look forward to.
General and Organic Chemistry Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 25, 2015
I have been very interested in teaching chemistry having been in the industry for many years. Being versed in the details of chemical manufacturing, I have many specific examples of what and what not do in order to create safe and efficient synthetic chemical processes.
Painter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJuly 20, 2015
Relatively easy job. A temporary job but a great paying summer job for a student. coworkers are all very friendly. painted rooms according to work orders.
Pros
free lunch once every month, friendly management and coworkers
Experienced and Fair teamworkers
Nursing Insructor (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJune 7, 2015
Very educational environment in which to work. Pleasant and kind co-workers and supervisors. Students well informed and bright. Love this job.
Pros
Educational
excellent benefits
Workforce Training Assistant (Current Employee) –  loogootee,indianaMay 28, 2015
review clients and student files that need to be contacted.
I'm the only one in the office, and the hardest part of the job is making sure that I keep my work load of 125 clients up to date and satisfied.the best part is helping my clients attend school to work towards there career and also help those clients that just need help to find the job they are looking for.
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
there are many days I don't see any clients not as fast paced as I'm use to
fun
Custodial Laborer (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 27, 2015
it was a good fun place to work. nice hours nice people decent pay great benefits holiday pay fun easy job. I would stay working here if not for needing to relocate to southern IL
benefits
Cons
long drive
Productive and fun work place
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INMay 1, 2015
I learned how to use a shear, band saw, pipe cutter
The manager was also my welding teacher
Co-workers were fun the be around
Vincennes University Review
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 27, 2015
I liked this job because the duties were not challenging and it allowed for me to be around the athletic facilities on campus. I also liked that we were a part of setting up the festivities for President Clinton's visit on campus.
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Lack of pay
great job for students
rec staff (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INMarch 21, 2015
good hours decent pay if you are attending college full time the managers are fair but stern in their enforcement of attendance rules
Great Student Warehouse Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 3, 2015
I worked for Vincennes University as a Student Warehouse Associate at VULTEC VU Logistics Training and Education Center in Plainfield. The facility is an actual warehouse were I learned and utilized applications hands on all while being paid a reasonable wage for the level of work. A great place and opportunity for individuals wanting to learn about logistics, business, supply chain, and even OTR Trucking among other areas of study.
Pros
make money at school, while getting an education in a related field.
Cons
none for me.
A job not for the light hearted
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 24, 2015
I have some mixed feeling about my position at Vincennes University. I worked as a Resident Assistant (RA) for the university and it it came with many high points and many low points. If residents didn't like the rules that were placed the RA was the one who received the hostility. However, working for the university makes you more involved and more likely to interact with more students.
Pros
free room and board
Great experience to work on a college campus as a student.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 21, 2015
Being an RA at Vincennes University gave me the maturity and dedeication I needed to accomplish anything. I was in charge of my entire residence hall, including the students whom lived there. It was challenging; however, the other RAs and I become like family and I believe that is vital in any job.
Helpful jobs for students while studying at the university.
Student Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 13, 2015
Worked for the university while studying. Helped reinforce principals learned in classes and allowed for repetition to help understand the subjects taught.

4.4