Vineyard Vines Employee Reviews

Productive and extremely fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 30, 2016
Being a sales rep at Vineyard Vines was my first job and I loved every second of it. My co-workers were so nice and they welcomed me to the team with open arms. Management was very understanding about shift changes and were always willing to help out in any situation. The hardest part was probably doing shipments from the store during the holiday season. However, everyday at Vineyard Vines was so much fun and I would definitely reccommend working here.
Pros
Food, Great Discounts, Great pay.
Energetic and vibrant place with many colors and classy apparel.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJDecember 27, 2016
No day is ever the same. Sometimes it is very crowded, and other times it is dead, but each day there are opportunities to engage with customers to help them and promote the brand where it is fitting in their lives. I learned a lot about how to treat customers, coworkers, and managers. There are going to be many different types of personalities and I had to adjust to being led by them and working next to them. The most enjoyable part is seeing customers love the products I suggested to them, and the hardest part is dealing with angry customers and still keeping a smile on.
Decent Part-Time Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 10, 2017
My feelings towards Vineyard Vines are quite ambivalent. I sometimes enjoyed it, other times I despised it. Believe me, it was an easy job. However, management lacked. Throughout my time with the company, I was exposed to four different store managers. All of which were someone competent, but each detrimental flaws (stealing time, unable to multitask, fraternizing with lower-level associates)
They want to run a dictatorship and play favorites
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2016
Stay away from this wanna be j crew , Ralph Lauren, and Brooks Brothers. Upper management doesn't know how to communicate let alone operate a business but hey it's retail. The turnover is high and if you don't brown nose then you won't get promoted.
Cons
Management needs retraining on how to speak to associates
Assistant Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTFebruary 26, 2017
Not a very good place to work. Micro-managed and too much drama, I am a working professional not a babysitter. They marker the company culture and job very well, unfortunately every day does not feel good.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 21, 2016
Every Day Should Feel This Good. That is the model for the company and it is indeed what you experience while working there.

The atmosphere is fun, my co workers are delightful. Management is professional.

It is a pleasure to work in an upbeat atmosphere, helping customers. The never-ending folding of displayed merchandise is the least enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great atmosphere, flexible schedules, great discount
Cons
endless refolding of everything that is touched.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2016
Company has an excellent culture and everyone that works there is really easy to get along with. Everyone working there follows the company motto of "Every Day Should Feel This Good".
productive, hard working and fun work environment
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2016
Long hours but also high level of teamwork and passion in the brand. Fast paced and fast growing company, with a great commitment to their employees.
fun starter job with little pay and no room for growth
assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 13, 2016
vv culture is fun. ice cream truck wednesdays, kegs and eggs, etc--perks. however, pay is minimal and there is little to no balance in workload. if you are not a favorite- it is impossible for growth. the company has grown too rapidly and has a lack of procedures and processes which makes each aspect of your job very difficult.
great place to start but not to stay....
A fun and rewarding job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2016
A typical day working at Vineyard Vines was very laid back and chill. Customers would walk in, we would greet them, answer any questions they had about the clothing and any sales we had going on. I learned how to sell merchandise and to best fit what the customer wanted depending on what they were on the lookout for. The management was awesome. They were on the sales floor helping customers and doing what they could to increase sales. My co-workers was what made the job jun. We all got along and would joke around when no one was in the store. We had a great relationship and would help out other co-workers if they needed it. The hardest part of the job was just keeping enough merchandise on the floor without running out. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customer walk away happy with the merchandise that was picked out for them.

Want to know more about Vineyard Vines?

Ask a question
Efficient Place to Work with A Laid Back Attitude
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MEOctober 11, 2016
A typical day at work involved performing tasks that management assigned, helping customers in a friendly manner, and making sure the store maintained an organized appearance. While I have worked there I have sharpened my communication and customer service skills. I have also learned to lead by example. I am not a manager, but I have been a sales associate for a while and some of the newer associates look up to me to help lead them when a manager isn't readily around. The management is great, they are understanding, friendly, and always willing to help out. My co-workers are the best part of the job. They create a happy, friendly atmosphere that also promotes teamwork, quality effort and efficiency, and this leads to strong sales numbers. The hardest part of the job was handling the crowds during the summer. It was a challenge to help customers while still trying to keep the store in a reasonable state, but teamwork was crucial.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, casual dress code, strong management, good company values
Cons
Low pay, can get extremely busy during certain times of the year
Fun and Laid Back Atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 16, 2016
The best retailer I have worked for. It is still a very young company so there is a lot of area for improvement in day to day operations. However even with that the culture and talent of people have by far been the best that I have seen in 10 years of working retail.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
There needs to be better turn around on management that underperforms
great people to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 10, 2016
money was not great but the people i work with made coming to work worth it.not one person i didn't like working with as well as the customers.
Pros
we all work as a team
Cons
nor enuff time for lunch
fun
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 28, 2016
A fun place to work if you are just out of college. A lot of space for promotion. You have to be willing to work weekends. It is a fun company to work for and the people in management are understandable and nice to work for.
Ok place to work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Ok place to work. Company closes on Thanksgiving and Easter. Operations which are being put in place are making it easier to run the store.
Fast-paced environment with a great discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
A typical day here consists of clocking in, folding clothes, cleaning dressing rooms, restocking merchandise, greeting customers, working the register, re organizing the t-shirt wall for the billionth time, having lunch and then doing it all over again. This job has taught me a lot about time management and has developed my people skills. Co-workers were nice and fun, the hardest part of the job is constantly having to re-fold everything, especially the t-shirt wall. The most enjoyable part was the discount, 65% off all merchandise, excluding cashmere which had a lower discount.
Pros
Big discount
Cons
Folding
Fun exciting environment
Assistant Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 6, 2016
Everyday does feel this good! Everyday is a fun exciting adventure. You get to meet really awesome people who work for the company and customers.
Fun company with good mindset
Sales / Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 5, 2015
The CEO's created this company based off, " The good life" which means to enjoy your job. I think its a great company to work for but you get paid very little for how often you work and where you live.
Pros
great people, benefits
Cons
pay isnt very high
Incredibly fun workplace with great co-workers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at Vineyard Vines. The management staff and employees were very easy to get along with and made work enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a laid-back work environment while helping customers shop in the store. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for 9 hours a day. I learned how to sell things to people while working at Vineyard Vines.
Pros
Laid-back work environment, great co-workers
Cons
Standing on feet all day long
Fun place to work. great people
Custom Exports & Facilities Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 6, 2013
Vineyard Vines is a great start up company and good to work at. Very friendly atmosphere. I learned a great deal about customer service, shipping and receiving, packaging, and managing a warehouse as well as managing temp workers. The best part of the job is that it is a very lenient company and very casual and laid back. Management is great, but has a tendency to overlook the people at the bottom of the totem pole. There is nothing really hard about the job except when the work flow is heavy.
Pros
great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vineyard Vines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2