Vineyard Vines

Vineyard Vines Employer Reviews

overall good place
shipping receiving (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 29, 2014
Pros: temporary job but alright
Cons: we were promised to get hired fulltime but did not
I was in shipping receiving . Ienjoyed my time there but they decided to shipping and receiving to another state
First Retail Position
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 7, 2014
I learned the basics of a first job at Vineyard Vines and I will always be grateful for the team that taught me everything I know about retail.
It was a great job
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYNovember 9, 2013
Lots of things to do to keep you busy. I enjoyed all my co-workers. Best managers.
"Every day should feel this good?" I dont think so!
Manager (Former Employee), South regionOctober 8, 2013
Cons: read above
--STAY AWAY---They will promise you the world! don't fall for it!---
I was with Vineyard Vines for a good while and finally got so sick of the culture, lifestyle, management, and lack of corporate responsibility.

Oh.... you dont get a 401k or insurance before 3 months.....WOW! And they have a 600%+ markup on the china made stuff??

"Every day should – more... feel this good?" is the belief that we are suppose to live by. What was passed down from the owners. I heard some store in the north by the headquarters it still is the way but from Greenwich, CT south is not the case.
Typical day would consist of usually coming in dealing with spoiled kids that are grandfathered in by the golf buddies of the owner and we would have to hire these no self driven spoiled kids.
Dealing with another complaint about one of your employees or low level managers being either rude or snippy with customers and the RM or DM would blame it all on the GM. Wow!
Honestly learned to not have fun with any of the employees because they will bend and twist what you say and gossip it to the entire team. Anything they can do to complain or get you in trouble they will.
OMG.... low level managers..... everyone in the company thinks if you verbally cut down your superior it will get them farther.... what naive no nothings. No one at VV has seen a day of real retail in there lives and dont know a thing about working together.
Hardest part is honestly dealing with the ridiculous District Manager. He will be over dramatic and is so under skilled doing everything and trying to fix everything with his emotions instead of cold hard truth/facts. Give me my goals, my opportunities and let me handle it in the "everyday should feel this good" fashion..... I don't want to talk about my feelings and how does everyone feel?? The visual merchandising manger was from Gap and is a no nothing. He is the most dramatic and biggest gossiper in the company. He will bring his own orientation into every conversation and how he feels about it. What you do in your free time I have no concern please don't tell the world... honestly no one cares. Dont tell him anything.

Most enjoy about part oft he job is the 65% discount you get on the clothes. The quality on VV is shocking!! Is honestly horrible! The owners are so smart sell cheap clothes made from china in a fancy box and with an incredible reputation and make a dollar!! Go to Brooks Brothers! American made and quality for a lifetime!

In the end I would say if you thrive in a dramatic, cut corners, feelings based world..... this is for you... but if not honestly look else where. This is for sure the worst company i have been with in my long career.
I will promise you save your time "Everyday will NOT feel this good"

Visit the store don't work in it. – less
Wonderful work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Palm Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2013
Wonderful work environment! Great culture, wonderful people...
Fun place to work. great people
Custom Exports & Facilities Analyst (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great people
Vineyard Vines is a great start up company and good to work at. Very friendly atmosphere. I learned a great deal about customer service, shipping and receiving, packaging, and managing a warehouse as well as managing temp workers. The best part of the job is that it is a very lenient company and very casual and laid back. Management is great, but has – more... a tendency to overlook the people at the bottom of the totem pole. There is nothing really hard about the job except when the work flow is heavy. – less
Relaxed & young atmosphere great environment
Retail Support Analyst (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: bagels every friday, 1-hr lunch breaks
I started working at vineyard vines in the customer care department placing online orders for customers. this provided me with the most important thing in a business environment: confident communication skills. not only did I answer phone and provide customer support I was also given the opportunities to assist the production department. Graduating – more... from college with a BS in Marketing this opened my eyes and creativity to other possibilities in the retail world. I found my nitch when i was given the chance to work in the IT department; which is my current position at the company. I support the retail stores with any IT issues they may encounter. I also program all POS registers for all new stores using SQL 2005. – less
Great Opportunity With A Great Clothing Brand
Campus Whale Rep (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 18, 2012
Vineyard Vines is a very notable clothing brand. They are based out of Connecticut but are seen nationwide. A typical party was blasted with color and enjoyable for all ages. They were always giving away knick knacks such as Koozies and Sunglasses. Great environment to be involved in.
Productive preps selling a lifestyle
Salesperson (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: close relationship among staff, great brand enthusiasm, interaction with lots of interesting people
Cons: inflexible schedule, little say in daily responsibilities
A typical day in retail included responsibilities such as greeting customers, assisting them with any questions or concerns, answering phones, operating computers and registers, taking inventory, and store maintenance. In addition to receiving valuable sales and operations experience, I learned a great deal about the importance of branding. Vineyard – more... Vines taught me to sell not just its products, but a lifestyle and communication. The staff, managers and employees alike, were all educated on the history and values of the island-born company in order to accurately represent the corporate image. In my pursuit of successfully selling this brand, however, I learned a great deal about working as a team and maintaining constant communication between all positions in our branch. My ability to read work productively with others became critical to my success in sales and greatly benefited my understanding of the business industry. While tasks such as inventory and store maintenance made the job less enjoyable, my time spent in sales awakened my passion and talent for interacting with others. Throughout the course of my employment, I became much more confident in my ability interact with others and showed me that my outgoing personality will ultimately be one of the keys to my professional success. – less