Vinfen Employee Reviews

Great experience
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJuly 17, 2017
I have truly enjoyed working at Vinfen. I loved being apart of a great team, who genuinely cared about the clients. It is oftentimes a challenging job, with a wide range of experiences.
Pros
Team work, good compensation
Cons
hard work, difficult field
Great place to work, but has some drawbacks
BENEFITS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAJuly 9, 2017
The one thing about working at VinFen that I do love is the support you get from your teammates. Everyone here is really wonderful that way. The biggest drawback is the pay-scale and the fact that advancement from within is slow ... which makes it difficult to transition upwards in management.
Pros
Good support and team structure
Cons
Mid-range salaries and slow career advancement
Management does not care about employees
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 6, 2017
I dedicated my time and energy to get my job done and was never recognized for it during my tenure there. Seems management only cares about themselves. Never cared for staff. Lots of turnovers as well. I would not recommend this job.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
everything
Lots of paperwork, but great work environment
Health and Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAJune 25, 2017
Vinfen is a non-for-profit that provides case management, group-home rehabilitation, and various other services to individuals within the community. It is a great place to work with great benefits, communal work-environment, supportive supervision, and the ability to advance your career. The downside to working at Vinfen is that you do tend to log a lot of hours, especially as a CBFS worker due to commuting between client residences.
Pros
Healthcare, retirement savings, training
Cons
requires vehicle, paperwork
Very welcoming
Behavioral Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 7, 2017
Job descriptions are to manage the house hold, give meds to clients, transport clients, make sure clients are safe, help clients with everyday stresses, wants and needs. Help teenagers transition back home, help learn social norms, help them learn how to properly advocate and express feelings.
Pros
Helps society
Fun and productive as well as helping environment
Day program instructor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be myself and seven mentally challenged clients taking walks to the park , building and developing worksheets, cooking, arts and crafts and music. I have learned that you can do anything if you try . I had very aggressive clients where they would only listen to me , but by helping them to understand to redirect the anger and that some people care it helped these clients to work with other employees. I did not like the management for the reason that they would tell u to do something that would not help the clients and from being with these clients on a day to day basis i felt that i had a good relationship with them and knew what worked with them and what didn't. The workplace was a nice environment but the hardest part of the job was trying to keep a angry client calm but the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my clients happy.
Pros
the pros are you build a great relationship with people who need and can benefit from your help .
Cons
no breaks
Humbling Company to work For
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 18, 2017
Good Management, Feel like your part of something bigger then yourself by changing lives each day you work; as you start to see smiles when your start to be trusted by the people you serve.
Pros
Layback environment
Cons
Health insurance and Pay
Very different from one day to the next
Residential Counselor CNA (Current Employee) –  Hanson, MAMay 18, 2017
I work doing some paper work as well as direct care for these individuals. Medical is a support that they need so a dietary menu is always being followed. I have given medication as well as writing IAP's
Pros
Free dinner and outing that are enjoyable
Cons
Some houses are very stressful and you have to take many breaks
Review
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 9, 2017
Great experience for entry level job, fast paced. I learned how to work with a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with crisis interventions without any prior experience.
Great company to work for
Residential Mental health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAApril 2, 2017
Assist clients with ADL, cooking, laundry, doctors appointment psych and medical, med passing. Maintain flow on unit. End of shift reports. Liaison between all health care providers that clients have. And psych team as well.
productive and fun
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAMarch 21, 2017
productive and fun, free lunches provide sometimes, short breaks, paid on holidays, ssometimes flex up and sometimes flex down. doing some excersice at the beginning in the morning,
Great interaction with clients
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 11, 2017
This company is good for individuals who want to start off in the Human Service field. This company seems to be able to stay afloat while other agencies are closing down. This company is technologically progressing. Interacting with the individuals served is hi-lite working for this company.
Pros
Helping family
Cons
Health benefits
Great
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 9, 2017
Productive fun workplace where an employee us allowed independence to work within license restrictions. Clients are well taken care off and staff work with families and clients well
Great place to work if you want to make a difference
Clubhouse Day Counselor/Kitchen Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAMarch 7, 2017
Vinfen is an amazing organization with excellent benefits. The company cares deeply about their employees and strives to create a progressive environment where both staff and clients are offered continuing education services and programs that build upon existing skill sets.
Pros
Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others
Cons
compensation does not match the work expected/required
Not a good company
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MAMarch 4, 2017
Did not feel safe going into work. I worked overnights with eight pysch patients and only me as a staff member on. I was not trained in pac I was told o lock my self in office and call 911 and use a pillow as protection
Pros
Cons
Nothing good
productive can be stressful at times
Developmental Mental Health Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Working with individual helping to meet daily living goals.
e.g brush teeth, toileting, and exercise etc.

I learned how to work with people with mental disability, and how to deescalate them when they have problem.
Pros
good benifit
Cons
low pay
Company is Great but leadership is weak
Sr. Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 24, 2017
GReat Company, Great Co-workers amazing mission but leadership is very weak lots of micro-managing with only macro input makes deliverable difficult.
Pros
People
Cons
Lunch is short with no options and Hi stress due to uncertainties.
Enjoyable
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed counseling the mentally ill and working with my colleagues at Vinfen. I learned a lot about performing my duties as a Residential Counselor.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Suoervision was inadequate
Life Changing and Fun Workplace
Assist in developing (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MADecember 22, 2016
Vinfen is one of the best decisions I have made when i decided to work their. It is an amazing place to work and I tell everybody if they got a chance to work for a company like Vinfen if they have the opportunity
Pros
You meet great co workers and clients
Cons
There really isn't any breaks, you are working all the time
Can be dull, can be rewarding, can be interesting... it is what you make of it
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MADecember 14, 2016
As an employment specialist your job is to help clients find and pursue employment. This includes finding job leads for clients, building relationships with employers in the community, helping clients create resumes, acquire interview skills, learn the skills necessary for being successful in employment, and following up with clients after they get jobs to make sure they are succeeding at their new position.
Pros
Lots of team outings, hours are flexible(ish)
Cons
Numerous boring trainings, can have long periods with nothing to do because you've completed all of your work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vinfen. Our community is ready to answer.