Vinfen Employee Reviews

Poorly managed
Clubhouse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 5, 2016
Management only cares about making money from consumers/clients/members. The concept is a good idea of a Clubhouse though.
great pleace to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 29, 2016
great place to work. The things they have taught me or going to following me thru life as well as the relationships i have experienced.
A lot of micro managing and hand holding
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 13, 2016
Vinfen is a fun place to work. Vinfen is a group home provider and it create a living environment for individuals who would not otherwise be able to live independently.
Pros
Cons
no break
My experience at Vinfen Inc
Human Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work is taking consumers to their Doctors appointment. returning back to residents home, consumers did their chores, prepare their meals. help with homework.
Pros
team work
Cons
no breaks
High rate of the ability to grow within the company
Relief Staff (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 6, 2016
Relief Staff is on an as needed basis and typically I would pick of 3rd shift. I have learned this company offers tuition reimbursement and the ability to grow fairly quickly.
Pros
flex schedule with a variety of locations
Cons
pay
substance abuse counselor
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 11, 2016
I became the SAC when the SAC moved away held daily groups and classes. Cooked and passed medications.

Group home dual diagnosed individuals
Hard job, but love what I do
Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAMarch 7, 2016
Everyday my job is hard. Everyday is different. The clients I work with are low functioning. I am very hands on with the clients I work with. I talk to them. They are why I love what I do.
Residential counselor
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Roslindale, MAFebruary 15, 2016
Cook, clean, write notes, shoveling snow, taking clients grocery shopping, taking trash barrel out on trash day and constant complain from client, boss is lazy and always giving you extra stuff to do. Can't never find someone to cover your shift. Management is suppose to do it but they never do. Relief staff act like they don't want the hours and they are doing you a favor. Co workers will let you work yourself to the ground if you let them. It is good to help people and watch them reach their goals with staff help. Even though at times it feels like you are dragging them to do so.
Pros
FEELS LIKE YOU MAKING A DIFFERENT GOOD BENEFIT PACKAGE PLENTY OF OVER TIME
Cons
TERRIBLE PAY, HARD PHYSICAL WORK, LAZY MANAGER
some people keep you there
Community Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allston, MAFebruary 2, 2016
nice place, people friendly
I would like to learn more about the position and give you a opportunity to learn more about my qualifications.
Pros
good people
Cons
overload
Fun Place to Work at
CNA (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2016
Working at Vinfen Corporation is a life changing experience. I learn to be patient with the staff/residents that I work with. I work from Sunday to Wednesday. My typical day at work is amazing. On Mondays we have staff meeting where we talk about the needs of the residents. The management is excellent, the manager and the staff work to make a better experience for us. My co-workers can be somewhat difficult. Sometimes we don't agree to certain things, but we always find a solution to the issues to help the residents. The hardest part of the Job is when you get to do more than what you were assign to do due to the negligence of the other staffs. To conclude, the most enjoyable part of the Job is to learn the different cultures of the residents, their thoughts, attitude and their beauty within.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short break
Decent place to work
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Marstons Mills, MAJanuary 13, 2016
The management does try to help employees with time off as much as possible. It can be hectic if residents are "acting out" during the day. Overall, I would recommend working here.
Review of Vinfen
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 5, 2016
My experience with Vinfen spans 22 years and during that time I have had the opportunity to work in several areas. The one constant is Vinfen's commitment to excellence and service to those in need.
Pros
Commitment to excellence
Cons
Funded by the state and pay/benefits could be better
Corporate Politics
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part is working with numbers. I would like a career change more on Customer Service and Productivity.
Less on Corporate office politics and cliks.
Wonderful place to work.... Great pay... Great co-workers...Great management!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 3, 2015
I have worked for this company for close to 5 years and it has been the best job I have ever had. I have worked in many different human service agencies but Vinfen is by far the best. The management not only cares deeply, and provides the best support for the people they serve, they also treat their employees with a great deal of respect (offering competitive pay and great benefits). I would recommend this job to anyone wanting to work and develop a great career in the human services.
Pros
Pay, benefits, co-workers and managment
Cons
this field can be stressful work.
It was ok
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 29, 2015
Just looking to move forward in my career and help as many people as possible. Vinfen was a great place to work with employees that care and Individuals that truly benefit from it.
Pros
The Individuals served
Cons
No free lunch!
Laidd back
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allston, MANovember 2, 2015
it's a pretty laid back atmosphere not really stressful people are very understanding. I really like my supervisors they are super nice and I really like what I do. I like helping people so this job is the perfect place to be.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Annoying Staff at times
Rewarding
PS2 Head Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 5, 2015
Loved every part of my job! Giving young people something to look forward to. Knowing that everyday I might have made a change in someones life , there is truly no better feeling.
Pros
Helping the kids
Cons
A challenging yet rewarding experience.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 5, 2015
Vinfen is a great place to work. It is a challenge to work on your feet and think quickly in crisis, but management always provides excellent support.
Motivating young men who suffer from mental illness to lead meaningful lives.
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAOctober 3, 2015
A typical work day includes building and maintaining positive relationships with our clients and staff. Working collaboratively with staff to address our clients needs. Each day is different, some days are slow, and other days keep you on your toes. What is most rewarding, is having the privilege of witnessing the progress that our clients make over time. However, it is also difficult to not witness any progress in some of our clients even after months of hard work.
Very rewarding and a great experience working with clients with diabilities.
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MASeptember 11, 2015
It was great. I cooked for clients. Took them to outings and appointments. my main goal was to work with clients on daily task to become more independent. I've also attended groups to get a better understanding on hearing voices and symptoms. Management wasn't that great because I was in charge of the group home with one supervisor or director, which was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
outings
Cons
short breaks