Vinfen

Vinfen Employee Reviews

great place to work
Billing Associate II (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 11, 2015
they have a great mission and care about their employee's and clients. it was a great place to work for.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
well behaved staff
Oracle Database Administarator (Current Employee), Boston MAAugust 4, 2015
its a place to learn and grow. the place is well organized and well equipped. you meet people of different cultural background here. the staff are always ready to work
Provided direct support around medication administration and management as well as meal preparation and activities of daily living. Periodically revi
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Invest in there employee
Cons: short Breaks
• Assisted in the development and implementation of Individual Service Plans (ISPs) including implementation of behavioral objective plans.
• Recorded and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log and completed all other ISP and program required documentation.
• Transported consumers to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required.
• Organized, developed and implemented group and individual activities which serve to integrate the lives of consumers with members of their community.
• Provided a supportive environment that includes opportunities for consumers to determine, to the fullest extent possible, personal preferences for daily schedules and routines.
• Ensured client safety and comply with program standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the Administrator-On-Call whenever possible.
• Maintained knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
the worst place to work
Instructor (Former Employee), Boston,massJuly 28, 2015
Short brakes, there's so much supervision that i feel like a prisoner.i feel like they don't care about employees. Too much gossiping, and the nurses and therapist rely on whatever workers report to do their job.
A place that is Understanding.
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: The company has alot to offer....
Cons: The salary is not really alot..you start at $12.00 an hour.
Vinfen is a good place to work! I have been there for years! I have met many people that are hard working. Some of the people I have met have gone on to start their own businesses and some have gone on to retire.
Vinfen
Awake Overnight Counselor (Current Employee), WindsorJuly 15, 2015
Working with the individuals I work with can be challenging at times, but its good to know that they feel like there are people that care. They aren't allotted the average life of an individual without developmental/behavioral disabilities. I have open communication with management and a firm, professional relationship with my co-workers. There is no hardest part of my job being that I do it well and don't complain. The most enjoyable part is just knowing that I'm making a difference in someone's life.
Great way to begin your human service career.
Clinical Program Director (Current Employee), Cambridge MAJune 27, 2015
Vinfen has lots of career opportunities where you are allowed to explore your options in the human service field. Highly recommended for a starter job in human services.
an experience
Instructor II (Current Employee), Somerville, MAJune 16, 2015
It has been a life changing experience with the company, many lessons learned and new things to see. there are many different clients from all avenues of life as well as my co workers; i enjoyed the process of certifications in different things as well
Not well managed
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
Pros: spending time doing what i love.
Cons: no breaks
first i would come in, take the food out that well be cooked for the day. Also i would them review the notes from the over night staff and leave to pick up the clients at the day programs. come back pass out snack making sure all is well. medications are given out and paper work and answer calls.
An excellent work environment.
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJune 5, 2015
Pros: A positive culture.
Cons: For me at that time, I lived in New Bedford, and it was the distance that I had to travel.
I can honestly say that I enjoyed my time at Vinfen. I seldom felt stagnant. In the end, I was blessed with not just colleges, but, friends.
Embracing, working atmosphere with courteous co-workers
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Brookline, MAApril 19, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, outgoing co-workers, consistency
Cons: No overtime
There is no typical work day as it is always undpredictable which is the hardest part of this job. Each individual is diagnosed with a particular mental illness in which they allow to reflect their character. These clients have fluctuating moods and personalities and as a counselor I am on my toes at all times. This job has taught me the significance in patience and the value of hard work. The time and effort that my co-workers put into being a team is the most enjoyable part of this job. Unity is the key to success, which is why Vinfen is doing well.
Stressful work culture because of poor management.
Counselor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 22, 2015
Cons: ten to one client to counselor ratio in a psychiatric community based flexible support setting.
I worked for Vinfen for about a year. Their pre training was great. And Vinfen could be a good agency if the would realize that some long time house managers or PD's should transfer or be promoted to other positions after 10 years. The reason is because they become burnt out and desensitized to the needs of the clients/residents. Most of my co workers were good people but the house manager/ program director was very cold and unreasonable to clients and to employees.
Vinfen in Boston does not respect their employees
Id rather not say (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: parking
Vinfen MMHC is hires good employees but is unable to keep them. The staff and clients are the best part of the job. The most difficult part of working there is the management. They encourage staff to report on one another. On a typical day, the stress is so palpable that you can feel it as soon as you walk into the building. The paperwork is non-stop and the most staff feel as if their work is not valued. Judgement, criticism, and penalization are the norm. You never know where you stand, and it feels as if you are walking on eggshells..
Good first job for younger worker.
Residential Counselor/Human Rights Officer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low wages; not enough to live on unless you're ops-manager or higher.
The job is a challenge, but it comes with the population. For a position that leaves you with satisfaction, there is no equal. The most difficult part of this position...dealing with psychiatric emergencies and petty stuff with management. Best part...interacting with the clients and helping them out.
very busy and demanding
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTDecember 15, 2014
Job expects a lot from you while giving nothing really in return other than a check each week. Co-wokers were typically nice but they were so interchangeable that it was hard to keep up. The rotation of schedules was never fair, with the same people always closing and discussion involving changing ones schedule always went ignored.
Draining job
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Somerville,MaDecember 11, 2014
My boss is unprofessional, my co-workers follow suit. I am not happy here and looking to move to another job for a reason.
Stagnant work environment
Training Associte (Current Employee), Somerville, MADecember 9, 2014
Pros: boss leaves the building often
Cons: no enough room to fit them in here
When I graduated from college I heard I would be working at jobs that I hated; this is what they were talking about. Vinfen is without a doubt the most disorganized company I've ever had the displeasure of working for. The company uses outdated software on all levels which leads to double, triple, and sometimes quadruple data entry into multiple places. The work environment is dreary, boring , and overly beige. Coming into work is something I dread every day. All this is par for the course in a typical American office job, however. The worst part is the management. The management of this company is abhorrent. Calling it management is an insult to the word. If ever given an opportunity to work for this company, look elsewhere; you'll be happier for it.
Rewarding
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Amesbury, MANovember 24, 2014
Great company with great benifets. Just wish you could change hours a little easier
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Lowell, MANovember 11, 2014
I is a nice place to work for everyone is very helpful and it give you a place to grow in the company
Changing lives
Relief Staff (Former Employee), CambridgeOctober 29, 2014
Pros: bonuses
very enriching. Relief Staff are responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment which fosters growth and rehabilitation and facilitates the development of mutual aid/self help skills among individuals. Staff’s primary role is to provide the appropriate supports tailored to the needs and desires of each individual to enable each to live as independently as possible. Support Staff/Direct Care II and Relief Staff are expected to recognize when an individual is in a crisis and be able to utilize the appropriate psychiatric and medical back up services.
Headquarters