Vinfen

Vinfen United States Employee Reviews

Stressful work culture because of poor management.
Counselor (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 22, 2015
Cons: ten to one client to counselor ratio in a psychiatric community based flexible support setting.
I worked for Vinfen for about a year. Their pre training was great. And Vinfen could be a good agency if the would realize that some long time house managers or PD's should transfer or be promoted to other positions after 10 years. The reason is because they become burnt out and desensitized to the needs of the clients/residents. Most of my co workers were good people but the house manager/ program director was very cold and unreasonable to clients and to employees.
Vinfen in Boston does not respect their employees
Id rather not say (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: parking
Vinfen MMHC is hires good employees but is unable to keep them. The staff and clients are the best part of the job. The most difficult part of working there is the management. They encourage staff to report on one another. On a typical day, the stress is so palpable that you can feel it as soon as you walk into the building. The paperwork is non-stop and the most staff feel as if their work is not valued. Judgement, criticism, and penalization are the norm. You never know where you stand, and it feels as if you are walking on eggshells..
Good first job for younger worker.
Residential Counselor/Human Rights Officer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low wages; not enough to live on unless you're ops-manager or higher.
The job is a challenge, but it comes with the population. For a position that leaves you with satisfaction, there is no equal. The most difficult part of this position...dealing with psychiatric emergencies and petty stuff with management. Best part...interacting with the clients and helping them out.
very busy and demanding
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee), East Hartford, CTDecember 15, 2014
Job expects a lot from you while giving nothing really in return other than a check each week. Co-wokers were typically nice but they were so interchangeable that it was hard to keep up. The rotation of schedules was never fair, with the same people always closing and discussion involving changing ones schedule always went ignored.
Draining job
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Somerville,MaDecember 11, 2014
My boss is unprofessional, my co-workers follow suit. I am not happy here and looking to move to another job for a reason.
Stagnant work environment
Training Associte (Current Employee), Somerville, MADecember 9, 2014
Pros: boss leaves the building often
Cons: no enough room to fit them in here
When I graduated from college I heard I would be working at jobs that I hated; this is what they were talking about. Vinfen is without a doubt the most disorganized company I've ever had the displeasure of working for. The company uses outdated software on all levels which leads to double, triple, and sometimes quadruple data entry into multiple places. The work environment is dreary, boring , and overly beige. Coming into work is something I dread every day. All this is par for the course in a typical American office job, however. The worst part is the management. The management of this company is abhorrent. Calling it management is an insult to the word. If ever given an opportunity to work for this company, look elsewhere; you'll be happier for it.
Rewarding
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Amesbury, MANovember 24, 2014
Great company with great benifets. Just wish you could change hours a little easier
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Lowell, MANovember 11, 2014
I is a nice place to work for everyone is very helpful and it give you a place to grow in the company
Changing lives
Relief Staff (Former Employee), CambridgeOctober 29, 2014
Pros: bonuses
very enriching. Relief Staff are responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment which fosters growth and rehabilitation and facilitates the development of mutual aid/self help skills among individuals. Staff’s primary role is to provide the appropriate supports tailored to the needs and desires of each individual to enable each to live as independently as possible. Support Staff/Direct Care II and Relief Staff are expected to recognize when an individual is in a crisis and be able to utilize the appropriate psychiatric and medical back up services.
a typical day at work
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee), Salem, MAOctober 28, 2014
We provide direct support around medication administration and management as well as meal preparation and activities of daily living
Productive and Fun place to work
Health and Wellness Coach (Current Employee), Lowell, MAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: lunches, clean, flexable sometimes
Cons: late nights and weekends
a typical day at work can be busy, fast pace at times, and fun
I have learned to keep an open mind and never judge
My coworkers are team players and a blast to work with
hardest part of my job is the late night hours and weekends
The most enjoyable part of my job is the rewarding feeling when I've done something to help improve someone elses life
Great Clinical Experience
Benefits Coordinator and Case Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: efficient team environment
Cons: management
Working at Vinfen , a non profit that works with the Department of Mental Health as well as the Massachusetts Mental Health Center to promote psychiatric rehabilitation in our clients, I have learned the basics of the public sector. Having to adhere to program policies and guidelines set by forth by these agencies has shown me how public funding works. I have seen first hand the checks and balances, political maneuvering, and contract negation that goes into cresting a thriving non profit.
The right place to start your career
Assistant Manager (DHMAS) (Former Employee), Windsor, CTOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great management core
Cons: favoritism
This is the place that taught me everything I know. It shows you both sides of the fence per say, what goes on behind the scenes and how to be professional on the front line. I owe everything that I have learned to Vinfen. Great place to start.
Very Great Environment to work, Good staffing
Housing Support Worker (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: i purchase my own lunch
Cons: break 15 minutes
It's always been a great environment to work amoung people as a Residential care counsellor I advocates for the clients, caring for them , helping them with their needs.
Similar to a caste system
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Merrimack ValleySeptember 18, 2014
Pros: diversity of the clients
Cons: limited opportunity for advancement, human resources
Status and level of respect are predetermined by job title. If you begin at a staff level position such as Residential Counselor (lowest of the low), you will not have the opportunity to advance upward.

In addition, staff level Insights about patient care are not valued. Management only cares about staff generated daily notes which are billable. It may be a non profit organization, but making money far exceeds the importance of quality patient care. Voicing concerns tends to get one penalized or out of a job. If you are staff level, Human Resources is not your friend.

The client base is what makes the job worthwhile. Each day brings a new set of challenges and usually some laughter.
Great place to work. Great benefits.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Windsor, CTAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: when a resident moves from the agency.
I over see the medical care for persons with disabilities. I audit their medical books, review lab results and follow up with their primary care provider. I audit medication closets, complete nursing assessments and 255m. Triage phone calls from direct care staff to optimize client's health. I also attend weekly PRC and teach health and safety to the new employees.
I work with a great team of nurses who provide quality care. My direct supervisor is very supportive and available for any question or concern I may have.
There really is no hard part of my job. I enjoy everything I do, from providing direct care to the residents to teaching health and safety to the new employees.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on the faces of the residents I care for.
Large human service organization with small agency feel. Committed to mission of independence and recovery for the people they serve.
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity for career development, committment to training and staff development, recovery focused.
Cons: large agency standardization at times stifles creativity in mid-managers.
Vinfen is a large agency with 8 local offices. Mental Health and Developmental Divisions. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Upper Management is very supportive and available. Commitment to mission of independence and recovery is obvious at all levels.
Outreach Worker
Recovery Coordinator II (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 2, 2014
Community Based Flexible Supports, providing person centered services.
Good communication skills and team work
Overnight Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 20, 2014
Pros: short breaks
. The first thing at the beginning of every shift is getting reports from nurses and other nursing assistants about assigned patients.
. Doing vital signs, sponge bath,Changing bed linens, Ability to carry out complete head-toe assessment on patients,Placing and reading electrocardiogram (EKG)
. Good communication skill between nurses and nursing assistants.
. Carrying out delegated assignments, appropriately and accurately
. The hardest part of the job is balancing between being empathic and emotional.
. The sense of satisfaction it brings,in putting a smile on someone else's face everyday, remains the most enjoyable part of the job
Vinfen was great company.
Instructor (Former Employee), Weymouth, MAMay 20, 2014
I love working for Vinfen. The staff you worked with were always there to help each other out even management. I would come to work in a good mood knowing i might have a rough day ahead of me but i have the support if needed. Management was awesome best management ever had they would give you constructive criticism, but they also told you when you did a great job. I loved the staff i worked with even though our job could be stressful at times they were always there to back each other up. The hardest part of the job was having to do a DE- escalation before it turned into crisis intervention ( restraining ), or having a medical emergency. the best part of my day was seeing smile on my clients face when we had our activity time, go for a walk, or when they earned an outing.

1 2 3 4

About Vinfen

Vinfen is a private, nonprofit human services organization providing services to adults with mental illness, developmental disabilities, – Read more

Vinfen Salaries