Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Payroll & Human Resource Specialist administers payroll and various human resource functions, manage the company licensing process and is responsible for the management of the office facilities. It also includes responsibilities for payroll and HR record keeping, and related compliance. This is a non-exempt full-time position and is located in the corporate offices in San Francisco.
The ideal candidate will be have a strong attention to detail, be proactive, detail-driven and will portray a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient service to employees with the highest integrity. This position has great growth opportunity in either the human resource or accounting teams. The ideal candidate is career oriented and has a desire expand their professional skill set and move up quickly within a company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Payroll & Human Resources
- Process Company payroll according to Company procedures, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payroll checks
- Process all payroll and HR related paperwork; new hire, payroll/personnel changes, separation, LOAs, and direct deposit, ensuring necessary paperwork is in proper files and the HRIS system is updated.
- Prepare and maintain employee files ensuring accuracy, compliance, organization and confidentially
- Respond timely and accurately to all garnishments, loan verifications, subpoenas and unemployment claims
- Serve as benefits and COBRA liaison, monitor employee benefits eligibility, and assist in ongoing enrollment and terminations. Reconcile monthly bills to ensure accurate enrollment.
- Manage commuter check benefit program
- Maintain strict confidentiality as it pertains to all human resource issues
- Understand and adhere to federal and state employment and wage and hour laws, keep track of relevant new laws
- Maintain employee files for change of status, benefits, administer performance reviews, training certificates, etc.
- Calculate, report, and administer quarterly store bonus program
- Research state laws and regulations pertaining to conducting business in certain states with respect to wage rates, labor policies, benefits, etc.
- File, process, and pay monthly, quarterly, and annual HR reports to city, state, and federal agencies
- Accurately and timely renew all licenses necessary to operate restaurants in appropriate states, including efficiently coordinate information needed from management
- Administer business and liquor license application and renewals
- Thoroughly investigate requirements, fees, etc. for new licenses and state licensing requirements
- Develop and manage a licensing calendar and manage timeline to ensure licenses are obtained and renewed in a timely manner.
- Manage the office and corporate facilities
- Other duties as required
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, responsible, and accuracy-driven
- A minimum of 1 years previous experience with payroll
- Ability to work with limited supervision and learn independently and multi-task with a can-do attitude while meeting important deadlines
- Some experience in a payroll/HRIS system required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with other Team Members and leadership
- Ability to comprehend instructions, correspondence, technical procedures and adherence to state and federal laws related to payroll, benefits, deadlines and policies
- Ability to handle pressure and challenging situations
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the Company, including nights and weekends as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including courteous, positive and professional telephone etiquette
- Effective listening skills and willingness to ask questions
- Time management and organization skills are critical with eye towards deadlines
- Experience with a multi-unit retailer or restaurant is preferred
- An interest in wine is a must
VINO VOLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy or disability. Vino Volo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Location: Montgomery/North of Market
- Compensation: Varies with experience level
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.