VINSON & ELKINS Employee Reviews

Respected law firm all over the world.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2015
A typical day included preparing lengthy legal documents, preparing documents for filing with the court system, greeting clients. Vinson & Elkins is a very large law firm and there were many other attorneys in the litigation section with whom I became known. There were times when several of us would be called upon to assist other secretaries throughout the firm. The management consisted of well-respected attorneys known throughout the world. I learned much about the legal system and courts and litigation. Most of the co-workers were hard-working and responsible and well respected. the hardest part of the job was getting to and from Downtown Dallas because I lived about 20 miles away from that area. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about all areas of the legal system.
Pros
Good work evironment, well managed, good atmosphere
Cons
Long drive in traffic to work.
Excellent place to work!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2015
My experience in working for this law firm will be a long and memorable one.

Staff worked well together and the lawyers were always courteous and professional.
Pros
Lots of free meals.
Cons
Long commute which at times would be over 1 1/2 hr.
Good law firm
Professional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2014
Good place to work. Lots of support, i.e., office services, IT. Current level of computer and software packages. Team player atmosphere. Attorneys were nice.
Pros
Perks --use of the gym at the Willard Hotel
Cons
HR micromanages
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
My overall experience was wonderful. Constantly trained on new software; updates, etc.

Friendly environment. Very professional.
Highly professional workplace with great opportunities to engage attorneys, paralegals, of counsel, and those in the HR department
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2014
My work at Vinson and Elkins was highly beneficial. I had the opportunity to work within a legal department known as CCL, which stands for Complex Commercial Litigation, which gave me the ability to work on the Pro-Bono project, known as the Innocence Project. This project was dedicated to releasing wrongly convicted persons, serving either a life sentence or awaiting the death penalty. Though my work had a lot to do with document organizing, it was good to know that my efforts could potentially lead to someone's release that had been wrongly convicted of a crime, which gave them an opportunity to get their life back. Aside from this work, I had the opportunity to maintain a database that served to help those who did the hiring at Vinson Elkins, know and understand the background of any potential job seekers. My work there also included working in the finance department. While working with this department, I had the opportunity to assist with the financial broadcast of the previous year and the year to come.
Excellent work environment with a team focus
Billing/Pricing Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2013
Intensive billing and analytical research into client invoices and contracts.
Strong culture and tradition
International Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
The depth and breadth of V&E lawyers' experience, combined with the responsiveness and efficiencies of the firm's global reach, enables Vinson & Elkins to serve clients from start-up, to the negotiating table and boardroom, before legislative and regulatory bodies, in the courtroom, and beyond.
Greatest Job ever
Sr. Systems Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2012
Vinson and Elkins LLP was the best job I ever had. The environment was fast pace and there was never a dull moment. Management team was great, co-worker were awesome.
Excellent employer, compensation could have been better
Student Intern - Litigation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2012
Excellent employer to work for, many collateral benefits, pay was slightly below average.
Ok place to work
Records Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2012
Great place to work for attorneys. Ok place to work for the administrative staff.
A good law firm for which to work.
Executive Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2012
I enjoyed working at this firm. It has good benefits by today's standards. Regular hours were on target.
Pros
i met hard-working and very nice group of people.
Cons
did not get to use my bilingual skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VINSON & ELKINS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4