VINSON & ELKINS

VINSON & ELKINS Employee Reviews

Good law firm
Professional Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: perks --use of the gym at the willard hotel
Cons: hr micromanages
Good place to work. Lots of support, i.e., office services, IT. Current level of computer and software packages. Team player atmosphere. Attorneys were nice.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
My overall experience was wonderful. Constantly trained on new software; updates, etc.

Friendly environment. Very professional.
Highly professional workplace with great opportunities to engage attorneys, paralegals, of counsel, and those in the HR department
Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 26, 2014
My work at Vinson and Elkins was highly beneficial. I had the opportunity to work within a legal department known as CCL, which stands for Complex Commercial Litigation, which gave me the ability to work on the Pro-Bono project, known as the Innocence Project. This project was dedicated to releasing wrongly convicted persons, serving either a life sentence or awaiting the death penalty. Though my work had a lot to do with document organizing, it was good to know that my efforts could potentially lead to someone's release that had been wrongly convicted of a crime, which gave them an opportunity to get their life back. Aside from this work, I had the opportunity to maintain a database that served to help those who did the hiring at Vinson Elkins, know and understand the background of any potential job seekers. My work there also included working in the finance department. While working with this department, I had the opportunity to assist with the financial broadcast of the previous year and the year to come.
Excellent work environment with a team focus
Billing/Pricing Assistant (contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2013
Intensive billing and analytical research into client invoices and contracts.
Strong culture and tradition
International Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
The depth and breadth of V&E lawyers' experience, combined with the responsiveness and efficiencies of the firm's global reach, enables Vinson & Elkins to serve clients from start-up, to the negotiating table and boardroom, before legislative and regulatory bodies, in the courtroom, and beyond.
Greatest Job ever
Sr. Systems Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2012
Vinson and Elkins LLP was the best job I ever had. The environment was fast pace and there was never a dull moment. Management team was great, co-worker were awesome.
Excellent employer, compensation could have been better
Student Intern - Litigation (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 2, 2012
Excellent employer to work for, many collateral benefits, pay was slightly below average.
Ok place to work
Records Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2012
Great place to work for attorneys. Ok place to work for the administrative staff.
A good law firm for which to work.
Executive Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 20, 2012
Pros: i met hard-working and very nice group of people.
Cons: did not get to use my bilingual skills.
I enjoyed working at this firm. It has good benefits by today's standards. Regular hours were on target.