VINSON GUARD SERVICE Employee Reviews

As armed guard at large shipping company, checking employees entering and exiting premises for any violations the company set forth. Patroll parking.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 18, 2017
On Security Guard post at Austral, my main duty was to check lunch pails of all employees to ensure no weapons or contraband entered the workplace. Again, lunch pails were checked as employees exited to ensure nothing was taken from Austral facilities. Walked premises and checked bathrooms for possible gang activity.
Productive and fun place to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 28, 2017
a typical work day consisted of me reporting in at work at 2200. Calling in to dispatch to tell them of any schedule changes or anything passed down from the previous supervisor. Making sure that all my security guards are here on time and passing any word to them before I send them to there post for the night.

the most enjoyable part about the job was meeting new people, the hardest part was the hours because it got really boring sometimes.
Pros
good pay, friendly co-workers
Cons
short breaks, ridiculous hours
Work place is all about how you handle yourself.... the job only provides you with very little to no help with job postings or description of job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 26, 2017
Room of improvement.......greatly advised..... the field supervisor in Alexandria needs to do his job more properly in helping his fellow workers understand there role in there posted areas..... need better benefits for this job..... there is no job security or retirement
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
No benefits
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 19, 2017
this job was ok. the pay was far too low and the management team was atrocious. I don't know if they are still in business in Baton rouge or not but I wouldn't recommend them
This is a great place to work
Feild Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 12, 2017
Great place to work. they have a lot of opportunity to advance within the company. Management is willing to work with you when you ask for a day off. The management really cares and are willing to help.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
not a lot of time to spend with your family
Vinson Guard is a great job.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 7, 2017
Vinson Guard is a great job. The pay is fair and the hours are great. Plenty of co workers who are easy to get along with. Management is polite and does an excellent job.
Pros
Fair hours
Cons
Not challenging enough.
productive and fun work place
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 27, 2017
great place to work. the management in this company is phenenominal. i would recomend this place to anyone. the only reason i left was because i graduated.
It's not the company thats bad its the branch managers and supervisors
Guard (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 14, 2017
Management is lazy, half dress guards in old used uniforms, can't get payroll correct, racist, treats guards bad, no respect for certain people, pay is horrible.
I loved it!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 5, 2017
I loved working for Vinson because it was a great job. I hate how it ended, due to management. I got laid off cause I didn't a car, but I had transportation to and from work. The supervisors are liars, promised me full time position, the day I was suppose to start they changed their minds. Afterwards, I stopped receiving hours period, and got laid off.
Pros
Great job, pay rate, fun and easy
Cons
Managers, low hours, racist
Not a great company to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 7, 2017
The pay sucks. You don't make enough money to pay for the benefits You don't get promoted. The work schedule is not consisted. They don't have paid vacation time. Over the last year, there has been all kinds of shack ups with management. Most of the new management has never worked as security guards.
Pros
Cons
everything
A good job for someone who doesn't mind shift work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2017
I enjoyed the work even though it was 12 hour shifts and out in the weather. The only problem I had was I had to find a gas station near by to use the facilities.
management has gone through changes.
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 3, 2017
the owner passed away and left the business to his daughter, I don't know how the company is run now, but when I was there I showed up for an 8 hour shift and was forced to work 26 hours because they did not think providing relief was a priority. I was told for the entire 18 hours additional time that a supervisor was on their way with a guard, but they never even called anyone.
Pros
the BDU pants were nice
Cons
serious staffing issues
Terrible place to work.
Executive Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2017
Absent owner, never at work, Executive team is unprofessional and inexperienced in security. Ops managers are bad. Some Field Supervisors are OK, but most take care of their personal business while on duty. They will lose the Tulane account soon, then the rest of the big contracts. STAY AWAY FROM THIS AMATEUR COMPANY !!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Supervision - none
great job
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aliceville, ALJanuary 7, 2017
My typical work day was grand! I learned to do all of my daily task. management was not fair. co-workers were great! The hardest part was 16 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was showing up, I LOVE THAT JOB!
Multiple posts to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 4, 2017
I worked at Vinson Guard Service for 2 years. My time there was enjoyable. I enjoyed the people I worked with and would gladly work there if needed.
Utterly ridiculous place of employment!
Former Austal and Vinson Guard. (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 22, 2016
Vinson Guard Service is the most selfish, non caring Corporation I've ever been involved with. Adults who wander off the streets of Mobile Alabama with just an ounce of common sense can easily become employees. No matter how punctual, honest, kind hearted and dedicated you may be....YOU WILL NOT LAST. There is no paid vacation, no chance of retirement, no sick leave , NOTHING. The GM is a total jack*** who attempts to focus more on flaws rather than communication. When I worked for this company, my stress level led me to go under Dr's. care. The office manager is a smile in your face, backstabbing manipulator who grants favors to his picks. There were no employee meetings to address any issues or concerns for us guards. Unless you were within the click, you were eventually black balled. There was nowhere to turn because being opinionated usually meant becoming a victim of coworker backlash. Since leaving, I'm no longer connected or affiliated with anyone who is in the Vinson Guard family. Most guards have never even met anyone in corporate office or within. That place was ultimately disgusting. No Pros and there is nothing good to say about this cowardly place of employment.
Pros
Nothing!!
Cons
Some co workers are great but management sucks
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 5, 2016
The Atlanta branch has the WORST management ever. The lady seems like she doesn't know what she's doing. They have 0-no accounts so it's not that many posts. I wouldn't recommend the Atlanta branch.
Cons
Unproductive and boring at times
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 29, 2016
The fact that there is no paid vacation is so ridiculous. I can't think of one good thing to say about Vinson. I will be leaving soon to explore other job opportunities. Only caters to retired military!!!!!
Horrible cheap company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 27, 2016
Vindictive supervisors who can't do anything to the plant employees so they spend their days nitpicking the guards.. Especially the male guards, the facility I was at all the supervision was female.i was told they didn't really like male guards not to get used to being there.
Cons
Bad insurance -old used uniforms-
Productive workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2016
observe and report
I learned how to log in vehicles on log sheet
pretty easy-going job, not hard at all
the most enjoyable part was the free breakfast in the morning
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
traveling