Vintage Senior Living Employee Reviews

Assisting the elderly
Nursing Assistant and Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2017
It would make my day seeing the elderly happy. They were happy when you were happy. Keeping them clean and fed, as well as entertained through out the day.
Vintage was a Great Company
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 3, 2017
Vintage was a fantastic company to work for and I was proud to be a part of a great group of people. I was given many opportunities to grow and improve my leadership skills during my time but unfortunately it sold to new management.
Very political environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laguna Woods, CAJune 13, 2017
They are more worried about management opinion than they are employees or residents. There was no credit given for hard work or going above and beyond to help residents.
Pros
residents
Cons
political
Good Platform
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 12, 2017
This position was a good platform to move forward and allows for excellent interaction with residents and other members of the team. Fast paced and allows for workers to have a variety of different events to work on.
Dont work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2016
Don't work there pay is not good raise 20cents a year the most is 40 cents youll get management not good The newALD coordinator not good doesn't know what he is doing he takes more smokes break than what he works. short staff over worked everyday.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Good
Waiter/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2016
Muy animado y agitado pero se trabaja muy bien y se respetan los derechos de los trabajadores, es un excelente colectivo
Pros
Buenos beneficios
Okay job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pay was lacking. people were nice. the doctors and nurses sometimes seemed like they didn't care too much for the patients. very strict regulations. management was helpful.
If I could rate Resident care ,I would give them 2 stars. :)
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSAugust 19, 2015
This place is more worried about causing drama than they are caring for residents. In the short time I was employed there,they had about a dozen serious falls and 4 deaths..Sad.My mamma will NEVER have to go here!
Pros
Cons
many
Working with the elderly.
Activity Aide/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 20, 2015
As aides you're supposed to interact with the elderly. Ensure that they try and participate in singing, reading, playing soft golf, and what ever events that the staff carries. Depending on the hour I also help with feedings.

The biggest skill I've learned would be to have patience and compassion for the elderly.

I didn't have co-workers. I would volunteer alone. However, the staff was friendly and eager to help with anything that I needed.
company going in the tanks
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 1, 2014
This company is not really concerned with senior healthcare, they are more concerned with making money on frail seniors who need care
Cons
budgetary results are focused on, more than the care of residents
Assisted Living
Activity Director / Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAFebruary 5, 2014
A typical day was creating calendars and flyers, creating a newsletter, interacting with the seniors, calling bingo, relieving the receptionist at breaks and lunch and managing the driver and my assistant.
Pros
I loved the working with the seniors
Cons
Unorganized departments
Energenitic, exciting, fast paced environment
Vintage Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 19, 2014
Vintage Senior Living was to me the single greatest experience of my life so far. From experienced gained to simply the relationships and bonds formed Vintage has changed me in a very positive way. Being hired as a dining room supervisor with next to know managerial experience I found myself very nervous, but bursting with excitement at the opportunity to excel with a company with an abundance of growth. An average day for me would start at 7:45 AM and end at 4:30 PM. After Arriving and clocking in i would immediately go in to the dining room and begin my daily routine as far as keep up with resident satisfaction in the dining room. I would help the servers as needed while controlling the flow of service during all meal services. After service I would assign the servers specific task sheets according to their sections during service. Lunch service began at 11 AM and typically ran until 1:30 PM daily. after lunch service, depending on the day of the week, I would be setting up for a happy hour that my immediate supervisor and I implemented to try and give the residents something more to do with their afternoons. The happy hour drinks would range from fine wines to crafty mixers, as well as a nice arrangement of non alcoholic options to margaritas with quesodilla on thursdays. The management team was as energetic and excited as I have ever seen as far as the urge to keep up positive moral for employees and residents. The most exciting part of my job at Vintage was in 2 parts. I was the first employee to receive the employee of the month award without being an employee  more... for at least 1 year. I recieved the award in my 5 month at Vintage senior living.  less
Vintage Simi Hils is a Beautiful place
Activities Coordinator- Memory Care (Current Employee) –  Simi, CANovember 19, 2013
Vintage, Simi Hills; is a happy place. I love the residents and the management.
Co-workers are great people. And the elderly are fun to be around and they always have great stories.
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 12, 2013
Serve food, daily cleaning tasks, be courteous and friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, experience, learn more patience
Cons
Short breaks
Fun envoriment
CAREGIVER/MEDTECH (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAMarch 27, 2013
A day at work was good , it was fun talking to each elderly person, be cause I like to hear their stories. The company gave me good trainning
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good health plan
Good Local Staff, Upper Management Unstable
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAAugust 20, 2012
Vintage Sonoma is a beautiful property and has a good local staff; however, Vintage Senior Living struggles w/ corporate management issues and is unstable. Upper management creates a stressful work environment.