Vinyl Interactive is a fast-growing, performance-based, online marketing company located in the Financial District of San Francisco, and we are looking to add a Data Analyst to our team. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume.
The Data Analyst will report to the Director of Analytics and will work with all major business units in the company (Paid Search, Email, Business Development, etc). Our team performs a wide variety of analytical tasks, ranging from designing complex database queries, building reports in Excel, creating Tableau visualizations, and developing sophisticated predictive models.
You will be responsible for making sense of data collected across our websites and finding relationships as they relate to customer behavior, channel and product development, and profitability. The ideal candidate will be data-driven and intellectually curious, be a clear communicator, and have experience with analyzing marketing channels and campaigns. Our ideal candidate will also be interested in expanding their skills to include modern data mining and machine learning techniques.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all data elements captured on Vinyl’s web properties, and interpret them as they relate to customer behavior, segmentation, profitability, and product development
- Work closely with product, channel, and client managers to analyze performance and determine the impact of new features
- Develop dashboards and data visualizations in Tableau and Excel to communicate meaningful metrics to different audiences within the business
- Assist in building and auditing predictive models used in fraud detection, offer decision engines, and client quality scoring
- 1-3 years of experience with data analysis and turning data into insights and strategic recommendations
- Proficiency with a statistical scripting language is required (we use R)
- Strong SQL skills (we use MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server)
- Solid Excel skills (for example, pivot tables, vlookups, and array functions)
- Solid foundation in Statistics (for example, hypothesis testing and conditional probabilities)
- Experience with Paid Search, Facebook, Email, Ad Network, or Call-Center channels/campaigns is a major plus
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool is a plus (we use Tableau)
- Experience with or coursework in machine-learning techniques is a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
Unfortunately, we can only accept applicants who are already authorized to work in the U.S. and cannot commit to any VISA sponsorships at this time.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to the email specified above with Data Analyst in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.