Vinyl Interactive is a fast-growing, performance-based, online marketing company located in the Financial District of San Francisco, and we are looking to add an Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Developer/Administrator to our team.
Our websites use MySQL as the production database; using T-SQL and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) as our ETL tools, we have developed packages to transfer that production data to SQL Server, which supports our data store and data warehouse.
You will work primarily with the Tech and Analytics teams to continue the development of our data store and data warehouse while taking strides to improve data availability and integrity.
You will also be called on to join in conversations about table creation and insert/update logic in MySQL to help solve some potential ETL hurdles upstream.
You must have excellent organizational skills to facilitate the coordination and completion of multiple projects, as well as the communication skills to work with multiple teams across the company.
- Translate business requirements and logic into a functional data warehouse
- Maintain and develop SSIS packages used for ETL from MySQL to Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Maintain and develop T-SQL (stored procedures) responsible for the heavy-lifting of the ETL.
- Implement data quality management practices to maintain data availability and integrity
- Manage and tune SQL Server databases (e.g., creating/modifying tables and indexes)
- Create and maintain technical database documentation (e.g., design documents for the data warehouse)
- 3-4 years of database design, implementation, and warehouse experience, primarily with MS SQL Server 2008 and SSIS
- Expert-level understanding of dimensional data design concepts, such as facts, measures, dimensions, attributes, and hierarchies
- Expert-level understanding of indexing and query design
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong preference to candidates with MySQL experience
- Preference to candidates with understanding of XML and JSON
- A Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Information Systems, or a related field
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.