VIP COMMUNITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

I believe in the mission of this agency. they are client-centered and community based.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 29, 2016
I learned so much at this agency from substance abuse, recovery, health, adherence to medication, HIV Care. I learned about team building, and empowering our clients.

management staff was very involved in the recovery process as well as fostering good health habits. staff and clients create healthy bonds through sports, and art, music, poetry, support groups, etc.,

the hardest part of the job is losing a client to HIV or substance use. The most enjoyable part of the job was graduations, award ceremony's, AIDS walk participation, "breakfast club" participation on Fridays where everyone is welcomed clients, staff, family and friends to part take in positive, high energy group where we share about reaching milestones, attaining goals, celebrate sobriety, etc.
It was a fulfilling place to work
Program Manager/Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Almost everyone who worked there enjoyed their work. The best part was when a client met a goal they had set for themselves.
Pros
Employees were encouraged to pursue additional education to assist with growth.
Cons
Change of management caused positions to be closed.
Flexible work schedule
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 26, 2016
Interactive staff, close to transportation and emergency services.
The day changes pace constantly from highs to lows in an instant.

Administrative communications lacks consistency with the relevant parties for any given task or responsibility to be carried out.
Productive Workplace
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Great for the community! This is a place that actually talks the talk and walks the walk. i have a great time working and learning from the people in this establishment.
Pros
You have the ability to help people.
Cons
I am a very responsable worker.
Clinical Case Manager/ RAP Specialist (Current Employee) –  1910 Arthur Ave, Bronx NY 10457January 17, 2017
I am a passionate and hard worker.
I love to work with people, I am kind and a very responsible with my jobs and responsibility.
Pros
I love what I do.
Cons
I wants to work in a hospital.
great place to start in field.
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  bronx nyAugust 15, 2015
Vip has a number of associated buildings. A lot of mandated clients come from all over. Many different personalities combined in one home being that this is a in patient facility. Hardest part of this job is seeing a good patient relapse. Most enjoyable is helping and watching them succeed. The coworkers are helpful. I learned that anyone can change their life around even if the only person that believes in you is you.
Productive and fun workplace
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at work is very enjoyable, productive and interesting. I am currently a Billing Supervisor and I have good coworkers, we are a real good team player. The hardest part of the job is when is about to go home and wait for the next day to keep working. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I finished with a project on time and done right.
Substance Abuse Agency not for profit
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 4, 2015
This agency reached out to the community and to the clients. Helped with Substance abuse issues, housing, medical issues and mental health. The staff were very helpful and caring they did all they could to help there clients.
Provides ongoing education for staff
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR (WOMEN RESIDENCE) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10457November 18, 2014
VIP Community Services is a excellent place for those just coming out into the field of social services. They provide and permit their staff to attend training's that will enable them to perform their duties effectively.

I enjoyed working with VIP they were there for me during major crisis and provided support for me during the death of my mother.
Pros
Management and President are always available to help staff and clients
Cons
You have to watch out for stabbers as with any other work place.
productive fun work place
Counselor Assistant (Current Employee) –  bronx nyOctober 8, 2014
a typical day at work
admitting new client, going over the pre intake packet with client , registering new client s in the CARES system.
conduct rounds around the facility making sure the building is safe and secure.
making sure clients are following guidelines for living in the shelter.
one of the most difficult parts of the job is comunicating with DHS. but hands down the best part of the job is placing clients in there own homes.
Review
Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 9, 2012
I worked at VIP Community Services as the Program Director for their Methadone Maintence Program. In wass a routine running the daily operations of the program. My co-workers and I worked very well together. The hardest part of the job was dealing with client you would meet in the streets, that you had to discharge from the program. I enjoyed helping only if it be one client a day remain drug free and maintain their sobritery.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
hving to fight with the union
Watching consumers achieve self-independence, sobriety, and gainfully employed
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 6, 2012
Helping our consumers accomplished there short and long term goals. Attending our clients graduations from our out-patient programs or vocational trainings, obtaining gainfully employment, and receiving supportive housing. Sometimes just simply watching clients feel good about themselves building up their self-esteem, and/or just being able to become self-efficient.
Overall it was a good experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 15, 2013
I liked the type of work i did. It was very fulfilling. A typical day consisted of monitoring a case load of 25 homeless females and ensuring that they maintain their sobriety. I had to devise and monitor IEP for each female on my case load. I had to refer them to social service agencies to seek services. I learned that people are victims of circumstances and many of them want to better themselves. The hardest part of the job was my inability to make any significant changes. I enjoyed helping the women.
Rewarding experience
Management (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 4, 2014
Throughout my years, I oversaw different modalities which enhanced my knowledge and experience with substance users, medical services (general and HIV primary care), billing, grants, residential programs, linkage to care, SROs, staff (union and non-union), and HR issues.
A typical day consisted of troubleshooting, attending meetings, phone calls to funders, communication with finance department and communicating with staff.
Always busy
Child Care Assistant and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 28, 2014
I developed a system to properly archieve old charts, which I enjoyed. I worked well unsupervised and with all staff members. I maintained a professional relationships with all of the couselors and supervisor. And I was deligently working towards redirecting childrens' mis-behaviors.
Pros
I learned how to work with clients dealing with substance abuse
Cons
Seasonal position
I Loved Working at VIP
Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 28, 2013
VIP is nestled in the Bronx and is comprised of a highly skilled, dedicated staff and the care is provided to clients at all levels. It was probably the most rewarding experience in my professional life. One of the saddest days in my life was when my position was eliminated. But I am truly grateful for the experience to have been part of the VIP family.
working with clients is enjoyable
Primary Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2015
Not very good at their book keeping working with staff and clients are a positive but always fighting for overtime pay owed is a negative
Pros
working with clinical staff and clients
Cons
being short changed in paycheck
Active and demanding ork setting sering the Bronx community
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkDecember 17, 2011
My first work experience after returning to the USA after 25 years abroad. VIP was an excellent and challenging reentry work experience in a supportive work and learning environment
Pros
challenging work environment
Cons
funding for non-profit services
Great Starting Ground
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 6, 2015
A diverse and educational workplace, Opportunites in abundance for growth and progression if desired, and very supportive of self enhancement and education.
Pros
Work hours and trainings
Cons
Health care coverage
good learning experience
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  1910 Arthur AvenueMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company even though my position was part-time. They treated their employees with respect and the organization was culturally diverse. I learned that no one is perfect and they make mistakes and with guidance and support ones life can change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIP COMMUNITY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

VIP COMMUNITY SERVICES Reviews by Location