VIP Parts, Tires and Service Employee Reviews

It's all about the MONEY, theirs
asst. manager/master tech (Former Employee) –  Calais, MEJanuary 8, 2017
If you're a "new" tech just getting into the business it's an OK place to start, but if you have experience, stay away, They are all about the numbers.. As a service writer, you can lose your job it you don't sell enough, That's ok if you're in Manchester or Watertown, but in rural Maine where people buy one tire at a time,you're screwed.. The store managers provide little training, but they'll tell you all about their failing numbers every other week at the after hours store meetings...
Pros
good first job, for 6 months
Cons
No support from management.
Watch your back!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MEApril 11, 2016
Had medical problem. Was out on disability. When it was time to return my position was now in a different state. Management doesn't care about their help. Never received a phone call seeing how I was feeling.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
long days
Productive and fun work place. Great shop atmosphere.
ASE Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 10, 2015
Great place to work, excellent managemant. Enjoyed going to work each and every day, enjoyed the shop and other employees.
Pros
Benefits, pay, experience
Cons
slow season, less work as a flat rate technician
Great Place to Work
Regional Recruiter (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 25, 2014
Culture and Management were by far some of the best I have ever worked with. However, this was only a temporary assignment during the time they sold their parts department.
Confused about their core values.
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 31, 2013
This company has one of the worst reputations in the parts game here in the Northeast. Their counter people, at least when I worked for them, seemed to not care a whit about doing their jobs right or following up on anything.
To be fair, it was not all bad. The customers were great and the interactions I had with them were fun unless they were upset, of course.
However, when a Service Manager literally tells you, and I quote: "your job is to take their money, not to care about them." Their is something fundamentally wrong going on.
When I left, my position as "service writer" was eliminated in the store, without telling me, of course. But they had no clear cut clue as to what my role was supposed to be from the start.
Pros
learning
Cons
stores run almost like daycares.
Awesome
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NBDecember 18, 2012
I honestly love working for VIP. There is always a great motivated staff, great pay for EVERYONE, not just management and a lot of room for advancement. It's always fun and a dependable job!!
Pros
hours, pay, employees, management, corporate
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIP Parts, Tires and Service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4