VIP Parts, Tires and Service Employee Reviews

Couldn't have chosen a better place to advance career.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Midcoast MaineSeptember 12, 2017
One of the best places to work if you are looking for a long term career with great pay and benefits. The atmosphere I have worked in was friendly and somewhat relaxed. The fellow employees are easy to get along with and the manager has realistic expectations of employees. it's an investment type career, VIP will invest in you and the more you invest yourself the greater return you will receive.
Pros
Fun atmosphere great pay
Cons
long hours during peak tire season
Quality staff and ever changing career
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 25, 2017
VIP offers a limitless opportunity for advancement not only in your career but in your personal goals. They have proven that they care for their associates and would love nothing more that to see them all strive for success in the ever expanding field of automotives.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Unsteady
Watch your back
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NHApril 28, 2017
If you are looking to have a career this is the last place you want to start. I'll tell you one thing promise you the world and never follow through even when you do meet their goals which are nearly impossible 100% of the time. If you do happen to find something better and you are nice enough to work out your two weeks notice then they talk behind your back and degrade you do all of your former employees. If it's not nailed down they will blame you for stealing it selling it or breaking it. I gave them over two years busted my butt and when I gave my notice I received no phone calls of concern or even a counter-offer. It was pretty shocking to me since an installation technician can give his notice and within a day upper management is there trying to convince them to stay. I personally was working 65 to 75 hours a week and all my overtime just went uncle Sam. The turnover rate is so high the customers don't trust VIP. And I can't blame them.
It's all about the MONEY, theirs
asst. manager/master tech (Former Employee) –  Calais, MEJanuary 8, 2017
If you're a "new" tech just getting into the business it's an OK place to start, but if you have experience, stay away, They are all about the numbers.. As a service writer, you can lose your job it you don't sell enough, That's ok if you're in Manchester or Watertown, but in rural Maine where people buy one tire at a time,you're screwed.. The store managers provide little training, but they'll tell you all about their failing numbers every other week at the after hours store meetings...
Pros
good first job, for 6 months
Cons
No support from management.
Watch your back!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MEApril 11, 2016
Had medical problem. Was out on disability. When it was time to return my position was now in a different state. Management doesn't care about their help. Never received a phone call seeing how I was feeling.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
long days
Productive and fun work place. Great shop atmosphere.
ASE Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 10, 2015
Great place to work, excellent managemant. Enjoyed going to work each and every day, enjoyed the shop and other employees.
Pros
Benefits, pay, experience
Cons
slow season, less work as a flat rate technician
Fun place to work. Tight knit group
Service writer (Former Employee) –  Gorham, NHSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed working there, The people were great. As I went above and beyond my job discription I was disappointed that I did not get a raise the two and a half years I was employed there.
Great Place to Work
Regional Recruiter (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 25, 2014
Culture and Management were by far some of the best I have ever worked with. However, this was only a temporary assignment during the time they sold their parts department.
Confused about their core values.
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 31, 2013
This company has one of the worst reputations in the parts game here in the Northeast. Their counter people, at least when I worked for them, seemed to not care a whit about doing their jobs right or following up on anything.
To be fair, it was not all bad. The customers were great and the interactions I had with them were fun unless they were upset, of course.
However, when a Service Manager literally tells you, and I quote: "your job is to take their money, not to care about them." Their is something fundamentally wrong going on.
When I left, my position as "service writer" was eliminated in the store, without telling me, of course. But they had no clear cut clue as to what my role was supposed to be from the start.
Pros
learning
Cons
stores run almost like daycares.
Awesome
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NBDecember 18, 2012
I honestly love working for VIP. There is always a great motivated staff, great pay for EVERYONE, not just management and a lot of room for advancement. It's always fun and a dependable job!!
Pros
hours, pay, employees, management, corporate
Cons
long days

Want to know more about VIP Parts, Tires and Service?

Ask a question