VIP Parts, Tires and Service Employee Reviews

Fun place to work. Tight knit group
Service writer (Former Employee) –  Gorham, NHSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed working there, The people were great. As I went above and beyond my job discription I was disappointed that I did not get a raise the two and a half years I was employed there.
Great Place to Work
Regional Recruiter (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 25, 2014
Culture and Management were by far some of the best I have ever worked with. However, this was only a temporary assignment during the time they sold their parts department.
Confused about their core values.
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 31, 2013
This company has one of the worst reputations in the parts game here in the Northeast. Their counter people, at least when I worked for them, seemed to not care a whit about doing their jobs right or following up on anything.
To be fair, it was not all bad. The customers were great and the interactions I had with them were fun unless they were upset, of course.
However, when a Service Manager literally tells you, and I quote: "your job is to take their money, not to care about them." Their is something fundamentally wrong going on.
When I left, my position as "service writer" was eliminated in the store, without telling me, of course. But they had no clear cut clue as to what my role was supposed to be from the start.
Pros
learning
Cons
stores run almost like daycares.
Awesome
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NBDecember 18, 2012
I honestly love working for VIP. There is always a great motivated staff, great pay for EVERYONE, not just management and a lot of room for advancement. It's always fun and a dependable job!!
Pros
hours, pay, employees, management, corporate
Cons
long days

4.2