VIP Petcare Employee Reviews

A good Place to work
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 11, 2017
The manager is nice and the coworkers are great. its a good job to work at if you are in school or have a weekday job and need extra cash. the hours are just really long and it can kind of suck to lose all your weekends
Pros
on the weekends
Clinical Assistant
Clinical Wellness Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIJune 28, 2017
Working with animals can be fun , stressful and work depending on the client entering the clinic. Knowing how to do your job is a good skill to have but things can be crazy. Drama is at any job but it is up to you whether or not you want to be part of it. Teamwork is a huge to be part of. The job is on the weekends normally Saturday and Sundays. Some weekday evening clinics are available if you want to do them. This is a good starter job coming out of high school, in between jobs or even while in college. Best part of all is that you do not have to have experience on how to do this job.On the job training helps and no schooling is required nor experience needed. Not going to sugar coat it but you do work long hours both days.
Great learning environment
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 5, 2017
I loved working at VIP Pet Care. It was a great experience for anyone who wants to become educated about pets and the care that they need. Teaches you not only go to restrain animals but also how to deal with rough pet parents. The other down side was the drive I had to get to work but other than that a great place to work. This job is a job for people who don't mind working 10-14 hour days on the weekend.
Pros
Seeing animals all day
Cons
The drive home to the office
VIP Petcare - North Houston
Rig Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2017
Horrible company, someone stole 50 dollars...and the manager did nothing about it when I told her. The company in general is just not a good business to work for.
Great for people in school
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  SCMay 4, 2017
This job is mostly on the weekends so it's great for students that need some part time work with good pay. Overall I think VIP Petcare is a lovely place to work.
Great part time job!
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 26, 2017
If you don't mind giving up your weekends and making a weeks worth of pay in two days...this is the job for you! I worked there for two years. Management was great! Always worked with me if I needed a weekend off. I would highly recommend this job to anyone who loves animals, wants to learn and have fun while doing it!
Pros
Easy to learn.
Cons
Long hours. A lot of travel time.
My manager is wonderful but the pay is not
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2017
Its a good job, but the pay is on the low side. I love my manager which makes the job very easy to deal with. This particular position is very new to the company so it has been quite frustrating for me since corporate doesn't know exactly what they wants us to do yet so Ive just been doing a little of everything.
Pros
great environment, good management
Cons
the hours can be qute long on the weekend, like 14 hours or more. Company still in limbo about what our job should be
great place to work, the people didn't care for animals
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Overall it was THE best job. The only reason I quit was because my coworkers did not care for the health of animals and didn't follow cleanliness procedures and safety procedures.
Great Job
Rig Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2017
Good hours for students. They teach you everything you need to know and you advance very quickly with good pay. The management is great although things can be hectic at times.
Terrible Company
CA (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 4, 2016
This company at the beginning can seem like a wonderful place to work. However, be aware you will have no life on weekends anymore and will be part of a company that cares more about sales money and whatnot, and not the actual animals that walk in the door.
Management is terrible, as is the HR department itself. No one actually supports the employees, higher ups simply worry about themselves and how to make themselves succeed, even at the cost of your happiness!
Zero stars would be a better rating.
Cons
Long days, lack of caring by management
Good stepping stone
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJNovember 12, 2016
Good Job while working on a degree. On job training; they will teach handling , injections and phlebotomy. Traveling wellness clinic. Good starting point for anyone looking into vet medicine
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
12-14 hour shifts
Rapidly growing company with opportunity for growth
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2016
A twenty year old company that has expanded to become a nation wide house hold name with many areas of growth and expansion.
Love the work, management is not worth the it
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2016
Co worker's we great and fun to be around . However the Manager will ruin it all for you. She will talk down to you. Shut you up when you try to talk, and she hires friends and promotes them before they even start the first weekend. Terrible communication. And all about making money and selling product rather than what the company is supposed to be about and that's helping low income families get they're pets vaccinated.
Pros
Experience, travel.
Cons
Management, pay, hours
long days
Rig Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PANovember 3, 2016
You get to spend your weekends traveling all across PA WV and OH. Teh clients appericate the services offeded and are thankful for you.
Management issue?
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 2, 2016
I had applied awhile ago and they had contacted me about an interview so I immediately responded. Was scheduled for a phone interview. Waiting for a call for an hour and finally emailed asking if there was some miscommunication? Their response was that they called and left a message but will call tomorrow- no message or call was received. So I left my number again in the reply message. And still , did not receive a second call the next day.
Might have been easier for them to give me a number to call instead of them forgetting about a scheduled time they set.

Lack of organization?
Professionalism?
Amazing work place
Clinic Assistant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 31, 2016
A typical day is long, but extremely eventful. I have learned customer service skills, confidence and interacting with animals and their owners. I have the nicest, funniest, and most supportive co-workers there are. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and lots of car hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the reqarding feeling of helping the animals stay happy and healthy.
Very flexible, may need managerial revamping
CLINIC SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 25, 2016
I worked for this company for several months before the branch I was hired at was dissolved and combined with another branch.
Pretty decent job
Rig Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2016
When I first started I loved it, I enjoyed going out of town, seeing the animals and interacting with coworkers. As time progressed the company merged with another and like with all mergers the company started to change. First with how we carried our equipment and then how we got paid. We started off getting incentives (bonuses) when you sold certain products, packages and microchips. Now the company wants everyone to compete against each other to win the "bonus." The Houston office also has a lot of drama and the management only tries to look good in front of corporate by hey it's decent pay.
Pros
Seeing puppies and kittens, only 2 days a week
Cons
No weekends off, Being outside in rain, cold, super heat, some vets and not having all supplies needed
Horrible managers
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJSeptember 11, 2016
Company is growing really quickly, seems like some important things are getting overlooked. They keep terrible employees around and we were always short staffed, so you had 2 employees doing the job of 3 or 4. Stressful.

My managers were god awful. Don't know where they came from or how they got to be managers, but their lack of experience showed. No one liked them, and they couldn't keep me and my coworkers on the same page...except the fact that we all had something to complain about.
Pros
Weekends only, good for students
Cons
Terrible management, physically demanding, long hours
Very fun job
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Township of Cranberry, PASeptember 1, 2016
We load up our vans. Drive to our first clinic and set up. We start checking clients and their pets in. We have a rig supervisor, cashier, and clinic assistant on almost every rig. We do three clinics in a day and just repeat what we do at the first clinic for the rest of the clinics. I have learned to drawn blood from a dog's cephalic vein. I have learned to give an animal their vaccines. I learned how to properly restrain and handle animals. I have also learned about all the different products that we carry from fleas and ticks up to heartworm prevention.
Pros
great coworkers, animals
Cons
long days because of drive time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIP Petcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7