SECRET Clearance Required for this Job (Department of Defense Clearance)
Viper Technology Services is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business with a ten year history of performance supporting global information systems for U.S. Joint DOD and U.K. MOD logistics programs, including the F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System.
The F-35 Autonomoic Logistisc Information System is key to a tactical aviation aircraft program that will include all three United States Department of Defense and nine international partner ministries of defense. The program is now entering the Production Phase. Viper's DBA position at Nellis Air Force Base represents the beginning of an era. Join our team of highly talented professionals who are motivated to make our customers’ programs a success. Viper Technology Services employees are committed to leading and setting the highest standards with pride and professionalism. AA/EOE.
Viper has openings for Oracle Database Administrators for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Autonomics Logistics Information System (ALIS) at Nellis Air Force Base, NV. Work requirements include a DOD Secret Clearance and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Production Level DBA with hands-on experience with Oracle 9i/10g/11.
Skill & Experience Requirements for F-35 Program DBA at Nellis AFB:
- ActiveDepartment of Defense Secret security clearance (prefer Top Secret) or at minimum, the possession of a DoD Secret security clearance in the past
- 3 years’ experience as a hands-on DBA working with Oracle 9i/10g/11
- Must be fluent in Oracle backup and recovery theory and hands-on techniques
- Experience in database tuning, data transport techniques, writing SQL, shell scripting and troubleshooting all manner of database issues
- Experience in Oracle PL/SQL programming language, Windows OS, troubleshooting third party applications and working in a strictly controlled CM environment desired
- Formal Oracle University training and Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) strongly desired
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly
- Good communication skills and the ability to explain problems as well as solve them
- Excellent documentation skills
- A military background is preferred but not required