VIPKID Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever!
Teacher- I teach Chinese students English (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 17, 2017
I love working for VIPKID!!!! I get to make my own schedule, and I get paid for teaching cute kids. It's wonderful! They pay you via direct deposit once a month.
Great place to work from home.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 7, 2017
You get the opportunity to teach ESL online from the comfort of your home. Very professional, great incentives, provided curriculum, IT support, lovely families and unique experiences. Company got #5 on top of best places to work from home list from Forbes this year. Now they're also offering in-person coaching at some cities in the country. You can work from anywhere in the world as long as you have a reliable Internet connection, a webcam and a headset. It is very fun!
Great place to work from home for real!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 5, 2017
You set your hours- work as much or as little as you want. You get to make a difference in so many children's lives. Great way to work and still stay at home with your family. They listen to their teachers and try to make accommodations. They do well communicating and trying to support their employees. I highly recommend working here!
Pros
You set your schedule, awesome kids, great way to work and have a home/life balance
Cons
As a contract employer you only get 6 cancellations per 6 months
Great place to work for supplemental or primary income.
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  北京市online/remoteSeptember 5, 2017
I love working with VIPKID. I love that I can set my own schedule, and I can work as much or as little as I want. The classes are only 25-28 minutes in length, so this makes it that much easier.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Strict canellation policies
Rude Company
Duped (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2017
I was interested in working for this company so I set up an interview. The only times they have to I terview are really early in the morning. Mine was at 6:30am. They said to read all the info before the interview, which I did and it took a long time to read all the info about their company and watch their recommended videos.
Nobody showed up at my scheduled interview! I was there at 6 preparing the video and audio and waited till after 7:00am and closed the page, disappointed. The next day I got a long letter saying how the interviewer was mortified he missed the interview and suggested another time to do the interview. I decided to just do the demo instead. I practiced and tried to imitate the demo video as best I could while teaching to an imaginary person for 30 minutes. After the demo I was emailed again praising my efforts and said to try again. I did send another demo and then another email from them just saying sorry they weren't hiring me.., I've been a teacher for 14 years, I guess their standards are too high for me.. I felt used.. guess all that negative stuff I've been reading about China has something to it.
Great Job
Virtual English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2017
I have been with the company over a year. I love everything about it. It is a great job. The hours can be a challenge. As an independent contractor there aren't any benefits, but the job itself and the company is an excellent work from home teaching position. I am very, very pleased.
Is this an identity scam??
Teacher (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 19, 2017
The company wanted me to scan and email a copy of my passport. Feels a lot like a scam. Is it? Or is this job for real?? Feedback would be extremely helpful and appreciated!!
Good Company !
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 18, 2017
Great to work from home, good pay and flexible hours. The only thing I don't like is that they pay monthly and this gets to be little to long. They have good people behind their costumer service helping all the teachers daily.
Pros
Work form home
Cons
Pays every month and not every 15 days.
It is a fun place to work and it gives you the ability to be flexible
Teacher of English (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
VIPKID is a good company. They are fast growing (maybe a little too fast) and they pay well. The students are great and most of the VIP staff is, too.
Pros
Great hours and compensation. The ability to connect with students across the world.
Cons
Communication is an issue sometimes due to the language barrier, They are trying to grow too fast and cannot always meet the needs of the teachers.
Love it
Teacher (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 17, 2017
I was skeptical at first because it looked like a scam but I tried it anyway. It's a time consuming interview process but if you practice and follow all directions it's easy. I passed and have been teaching for 3 months now, I love it!! I get to stay home and make money. I have to wake up earlier than I would like but I've gotten used to it. Everyone is very supportive and I enjoy 'going to' work ! The children are adorable and so eager to learn it makes waking up early or staying up late manageable :) Their cancellation policy is very strict however you're in charge of your own schedule so just don't sign up for what you can't handle.
Pros
Stay at home, Pay, Fun work environment
Cons
Communication is not immediate due to time difference
Great Part Time Gig if you Like Teaching
Foreign Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  remoteAugust 2, 2017
Great Part Time Gig if you Like Teaching - there's a ton of flexibility and you can work from home. You need a ton of energy to be able to sustain yourself for a long time.
Pros
make your own schedule, work from home
Cons
schedule can be tough depending on your time zone
A blast!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 1, 2017
Amazing work from home opportunity! Flexibility in scheduling while still being able to build a solid student base. Freedom to teach to students' needs without having to prep curriculum.
Fun workplace
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2017
Flexibility to make my own schedule and with performance of having a high rating makes good booking status. The hardest part of the job is dealing with Chinese kids due to culture differences.
It's just not there yet
ESL teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2017
Just hard to communicate. And they kept not paying me for classes claiming that my brand new mac and google fiber was causing all the network problems they had.
Pros
One joyful kid really can make you feel good.
Cons
can't have a sick day. not enough hours
Flexible and fun remote opportunity
English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 27, 2017
Teachers set their own schedules, but most teach during the early morning (6 - 8am CST). Provided lessons are delivered in an easy-to-use online platform. Students are respectful, engaged and motivated.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Inconsistent class booking rates
One on one teacher (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJuly 26, 2017
VIP kid is a wonderful place to work. I have gained so much experience working with children where English is their second language. I appreciate the support that is given all the time through VIPKID.
Pros
Support, training, user friendly, easy to use.
Cons
Takes a bit to get bookings
Fun job and easy to work from home
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 13, 2017
I've only been with VipKid a little over a month, but I am very impressed with positive changes that the company is making to improve its structure and help teachers grow their businesses.
My only real complaint is that my interview process seemed a little inconsistent between my interviewers' standards, and I had to apply and interview twice to get the job. It can take a little while to get bookings from parents (I do wish VipKid would just pair students and teachers like some other companies do so that all teachers get plenty of work if they want it). Otherwise, it has been good pay per class, and very rewarding teaching an eager child from around the globe.It is such a good feeling to open the camera and see a sweet little Chinese student waiting to learn! How cool is that? I have had great students so far who seem to really want to learn English. I have had to be willing to work mornings and evenings, but it is beginning to pay off as more classes are being booked, and I am also earning incentive money. Plus VipKid pays you for successful referrals and has fun contests where money prizes or swag items are given. I got my first bank deposit today! And while I won't get rich anytime soon, I can see how in a year's time I might be able to work this into either a full-time job or use it as a side gig to pay down medical bills and car repair debt. The classes only last 25 minutes so you have to move quickly in the lessons. I feel the time is way too short as I get very involved in the lesson and enjoy the children and then it's over! I can only see VipKid making more and more
  more... improvements and this being a wonderful opportunity to work from home, full-time.  less
Pros
work from home, set your own schedule within reason, many motivated students, the coolness factor of teaching children in another culture
Cons
can take awhile to get bookings, the hours might be hard for some people to work
Great workplace, flexible - great children
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  China, MEJuly 13, 2017
The staff at VIPKID are great, they are always willing to help, very quick to respond and help with IT issues, or just basic questions and training. VIPKID has provided as wealth of education for its employees to better themselves.
Great Supplemental Job; Good Pay;
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 4, 2017
VIPKID is a good place to work. I am EST and the last class to teach in the morning is at 9:30am. If you want more hours you have to wake up in the middle of the night to teach...nothing that can be done about that. Sometimes the parents complain about things, especially when their children are uncontrollable. For the most part the children are great! Overall I enjoy the job and the extra income.
Pros
you make your schedule, you take off when you want, good pay
Cons
cancelled classes, hours available to teach, no benefits
Productive and fun with Domino
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi City, MSJuly 2, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of teaching and learning how to make a different in each child's life.The hardest part of the would be to make sure I reach each child. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a child master a skill.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIPKID. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2