The Systems Analyst is primarily responsible for the defining, developing, configuring and supporting computer software applications.
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems, business information systems, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of successful application & system development and database experience
- Experience supporting systems in a 7 x 24 on call rotation
- Experience performing systems analysis of application problems and/or requested enhancements
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines is critical
- Experience following a Systems Development Lifecycle Methodology
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Keenly attentive to detail and ability to keep sensitive information confidential
Preferred candidates will also possess the following:
- Experience administrating Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) such as STARLiMS, Orchard Copia and/or Harvest.
- Working knowledge of HL7 standards and coding
- Experience developing in VB.Net and SQL
- If no LIS experience, experience implementing, configuring, supporting and upgrading ERP systems such as Peoplesoft, SAP, etc.
- Responsible for administering and maintaining Laboratory Information System(s) (LIS) and the integration to other systems and laboratory instruments.
- Work with business/lab to understand business problems/opportunities and offer technical solutions to meet or exceed the business needs.
- Diagnose system problems quickly and implement permanent solutions to system problems,
- Capture requirements, complete design, configuration and/or coding and testing as needed.
- Perform project management when needed on small efforts
- Follow defined SDLC, Security and other processes to meet regulations
- Participate in 7 x 24 on call rotation to ensure system availability
- Other duties as assigned by management
Indeed - 8 months ago
Viracor-IBT Laboratories is dedicated to being the leading specialty diagnostics laboratory partner in immunology, infectious disease and...