Virbac Animal Health Employee Reviews

Like working here
Pharmaceutical Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2017
This place is less stressful then the last place I worked for. They still want you to do everything by the book always, but you don't feel like your being attacked.
Decent place
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2017
Enjoy the variety of manufacturing operations. Small company that does lack good systems which makes working harder. There is very little politics and the company has largely tried to take care of employees over time. Recent quality issues make the future a little concerning.
Pros
variety of jobs; less politics than normal
Cons
concerned about staying in business; QA oversight is a little excessive
Good place for entry level experience
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 22, 2017
Worked here for almost 4 years. First job out of college, so I thought it was great. Over time, I started to feel I had no more room for career building with this company. Also they were under an FDA mandated cease manufacturing because of incompetent management. The final nail in the coffin for me was the level of disrespect from management and human resources. Don't expect to be acknowledged or respected for your level of knowledge, skills, or ability. If you know the right people people, however, three thumbs up to you. You will do just fine.
Pros
Good for entry level
Cons
Low pay, disrespectfull management and human resources, incompetent management
many changes taking place with this dynamic company
Sr. Territory Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Virbac is going through many changes as they work through compliance programs with the FDA. I'm sure that once all the dust settles this will again be a great place to work
Great company
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 5, 2016
This is a great company to work for. They have a good work/life balance and the people there are fantastic. Company works well with local Veterinarians and takes their opinions into account.
Fast paced paracetamol environment.
Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 21, 2016
Muti-faceted analytical environment. Various products requirements for analytical assays. Instruments are current.
The company is presently expecting additional growth.
Pros
Current instrumentation, currently updating the entire laboratory.
Cons
Laboratory does lack professionalism with a
Virbac Review
Lead Graphic Designer / Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2015
Great company, great corporate culture. Problems with the management over the years. Dissatisfied with compensation for a number of years but it finally corrected.
Pros
Travel
Cons
virbac good place to work.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 1, 2015
Check lots and expirations dates. How the machine runs and produce products. Management is good. Good co-workers great place to work. The job is not hard. Learning different things.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Healthcare, sick days.
Territory Sales Manager for SW Wash. and Oregon
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 8, 2014
Good company to work for. Positions pay slightly less than market average
Not much career advancement opportunity.
A wonderful industry filled with compassionate Veterinary Professionals and trusting industry thought leaders
Territory District Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2014
Working at Virbac Animal Heath was an extraordinary business experience from a healthcare company perspective. The Veterinary industry is a profound, complex and often under appreciated profession which I grew to love and respect during my time as a territory sales manager. To be able to provide medications, over the counter (OTC) products and life saving preventatives for veterinary practitioners and their clients brought great joy to every workday. Anyone who owns a pet, myself included, know how valuable and heartfelt our Veterinarians are to our world of animal health care. What I learned from this invaluable experience was a handful of business opportunities that were either seized or missed due to who was managing at the current time of the opportunity. Managers are just as important as the territory representative and their devout presence is vital for the success of any territory. I had the opportunity with working along side exceptional colleagues and mentors in the industry. There was never a moment where I needed some help and my requests were denied from my co-workers. What a loving and respectful group of people to have shared a business experience with and for that I am very grateful. I would have to mention that the toughest challenge in this industry was enduring moments where business shortfalls were out of my control; i.e., product recalls and withdrawals due to lack of active ingredient potency and/or non-compliance with FDA regulatory guidelines at the manufacturer level. These moments were adaptable and were able to be overcome but nonetheless, discomforting  more... and unpleasant. However, my overall experience was magnificent and extremely satisfying. I would work in this industry all over again.  less
Pros
Quality, compassionate and professional people. Excellent business model and colleagues
Cons
The uncontrollables: Product recalls and FDA withdrawals. Management that does not lead by example
customer service team leader. (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 3, 2014
I loved my job at Virbac but they surprised us by moving about 40 jobs out of state and laying us off.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no problems
ok place
Finish Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 25, 2013
not a bad place to work ,just way to long of probation would be better if management had a clue how to manage
Production Inspector (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 1, 2012
Easy Work If You Want To Work And Willing To Work Have To Adjust To Indoor Temperatures Wear Lab Coats