Virgin America Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome experience
Reliability Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAApril 23, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my career at Virgin America. The culture, as well as my team mates were incredible. I went to work each day knowing that I was contributing to something great.
A typical work day would include retrieving operational data from the previous day, reviewing it, and categorizing it.
One of the most valuable skills that I learned there was the ability to manage and analyze data. We stored our data in a Filemaker Pro data base, which was then exported to Microsoft Excel for analysis.
I also learned the power of a team working in the same direction, as opposed to a collection of individuals.
The only part of this career that I was not particularly fond of, was the commute. I live in Vacaville CA, which is 70 miles from Virgin America's Headquarters in Burlingame CA.
What I enjoyed the most was seeing us grow from a small start up carrier, to a major force in the airline industry.
I have nothing but good things to say about my career at Virgin America.
Pros
Great working environment, travel benefits, awesome co workers
Cons
Long commute
Excellent Company, Excellent Culture
Manager of Investigations (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAApril 13, 2016
Virgin America is the best company that I have ever worked for. It is currently being acquired by Alaska Airlines, and I hope the culture and the brand continue.
Pros
Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Cons
Salary
Amazing Work Place
GUEST SERVICE SUPERVISOR JFK (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2016
Well run organization, Leadership very supportive , employees are great.

Our Guest are very nice, we all work as a team, some days can be hard but those days are the best days!
Culture is great but need more $$$
Inflight Team Member (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2016
One of the lowest paid airlines for flight attendants. Just voted in union so this could change in the future. Virgin has a fun culture. I love my coworkers but management/supervisors don't always uphold Virgin values or keep in line with Richard Branson's vision.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun work environment
Cons
not enough pay, contradictory management communications
Not Consistent
In-Flight Team Member (Flight Attendant) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 5, 2015
I have met a lot of amazing people however, Management and the job was quite difficult to work with. Would not recommend to work for. My colleagues however were great people. Nothing is consistent with the job leadership.
Cons
Management was difficult. Bad Morale
don't buy into the hype
Guest Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2015
Sadly this start up is going down hill due to lack of sufficient management, unfair work practices and poor compensation.

They look good on paper and seem 'cool' but if most people knew how they treat employees and the BS they try to convince us of, you may not think they are the greatest airline.

They have some great ideas/concepts and many good people (including some in leadership) but every time you turn around things change and what they said or promised one day can change the next.

As others have said- depending on who you know, who you are or if you are liked you can be treated well and move up. If not you are screwed. Which is sad because there are many competent people that deserve positions that others should have never been promoted to.

Lastly- from day one they brag about their 'open door' policy to feel free to communicate with leadership all the way to the top- but this is false. You will not be given the time of day. They also state from the beginning that they promote from within and encourage and support professional growth- FALSE.

Unless significant leadership changes are made, this company will lose the best people and be left with the undesirables.
Pros
some of the people you work with are fun, their branding is cool and trendy
Cons
compensation, opportunities for growth, fair treatment, respect from leadership
Virgin attitude in the skies.
IN-FLIGHT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2015
Sharply dressed in-flight crew members taking care of business in the air by being proficient safety agents while providing a one of a kind Virgin experience in the air.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Crew Scheduling
Ok work place
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Overall GREAT company! Health and flight benefits! Just alot of favoritism. Great experience working for this company. Perfect job for a young person.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Petty Management
Great Place to work
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAAugust 28, 2015
I love Virgin America. The philosophy and direction of everyone around is incredible. There is always room for growth.
Pros
great people, great flying benefits
Cons
maternity/paternity benefits are not good
Travel can be fun
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoAugust 7, 2015
this place is awesome, than there is management and rules that are not followed across the board.

Management like to use and abuse the rules when its in their favor.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
issues with consitancy
Fun place to work
Guest Service Teammate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2015
Virgin America is an awesome company to work for. My coworkers are are all great, a typical work day is very upbeat and energetic and just full of fun!
Pros
Travel Benefits, Health Insurance
Cons
Late policy/sick days
Great place to work, awesome culture
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 20, 2015
Great place to be if you're looking to advance with a growing airline. Compensation and Benefits are a plus. Must love travel and people to work here.
Pros
Unlimited travel, 401K
Cons
Vacation Days, Manpower
A very fun place to work for young people.
Irregular Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2015
This is a great place for young people who are willing to work with the public for some really fun travel benefits. It can be stressful at times but in my opinion it is a really good opportunity to meet other young like minded people and work for a really fun cutting edge company.
Five Stars!! Best place to work in the Bay Area, Great People too!
Executive Admin/Reception for start-up airline (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAApril 24, 2015
Virgin America was a great place to work and if I had to do it over again I would have stayed there. The management was the best overall I've ever worked with. At the end of the day you felt you contributed to the team. Everyone worked together. The goal was to get certified by the FFA and that happened just after I left. I helped move the business from one facility to another. Once settled, everything fell into place and the rest is history! Virgin America has such a great reputation and it's because HR knows what they're doing when they choose their hires! I know because I used to go through all of those job applications. Thanks Virgin America!! Best of Luck now and in the future.
Amazing
GUEST SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2015
Virgin America is a great company that cares about its employees. Loved working for them, great flight benefits, and full-time benefits. Most people are super nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Flight benefits, health benefits
Cons
long probation period
Fun Workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2015
A typical day includes checking guests in at the ticket counter, lobby hosting, assisting with ticketing issues, meeting inbound aircrafts, boarding guests, and monitoring the operations of inbound and outbound flights. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting and interacting with guests from all over the world.
Pros
meeting travelers and flight benefits
Cons
fast paced environment where you are standing your feet all day
Great
Guest Services Teammate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2015
Great place to work, teammates are what make the job what it is. Great travel benefits and amazing job culture.

Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with delays, sometimes guest can become fed up with good reason so it is important to remain neutral and not take anything personal
Great Place to Work
Supervisor, Guest Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2015
Overall, Virgin America has been a great place to work. The culture is alive with great comradery and spirit. The recent IPO has lifted hearts as well, and the company has been generous with it's sharing of the benefits reaped.
Amazing experience with energetic flight crews
Inflight Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Great place to work if you don't care about money. If you are looking for a livable income in flight attending, you have to go international.
This is a great place to work, Great respect for each other. Very unique culture
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Virgin America is a wonderful place to work. The culture is amazing! The Senior leadership is awesome. They have great respect for all teammates
Pros
health club, lunches for key accomplishments, 401k, profit sharing
Cons
sfo based, very high cost of living