Virgin Galactic Employee Reviews

Fast Paced work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 19, 2018
Lots of work to accomplish, relaxed work environment.
Open work office area makes it hard to concentrate due to the noise levels from the other employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Management Structure, inexperienced in the type of industry they are working in.
Unrealistic Schedules, too many young enthusiastic know all individuals, management not supportive,
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAJanuary 5, 2018
In theory this should be a great project, but in practice it's a good old boys network run by enthusiastic young individuals. Unrealistic deadlines, understaffed, product is deficient, management in denial of what needs to be done. Three people killed thus far in the development phase. That statement says it all.

A lot of $$ spent on this program, but cutting corners and lack of experienced persons thru most of the problem will most likely result in failure. The company is trying to fix these issues but it's too little too late.
Pros
A few nice people mixed with some intransigent arrogant individuals
Cons
The product doesn't cut the mustard
Greatest place to work!!
Production Technician/CNC Programmer and Operator (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CADecember 15, 2017
One the best places that I have ever worked. I left for a higher pay rate and truely. regret my decision! The culture and overall company are fantastic. Not to mention the benefits are thr best!!
exciting,tense,fast paced,competitive and cut-throat place to work
technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CADecember 10, 2017
The company has many cool projects and great ideas,but there are many egos that come with it. Most lower and middle management are young, egotistical, and cocky that love micro managing. There is a buddy system in place that can be difficult to navigate as far as advancement and employee status in the company. The benefits are excellent and there is plenty of work. The work ,at least at a technician level can be rigorous and heavily tasking,with lots of authoritive leads and supervisors ready to micro manage. It is a great place to develope skills and learn new ideas, but is not ,in my opinion a career in its present state. If you are a seasoned aerospace professional, find another place.
Pros
benefits, snacks, cool projects, history in the making
Cons
Mojave, too many egos, too many authoritive figures, advancement and hiring is rigged, pay could be better
If you were part of the click, it was a fun place to work
Electrical & Structural Integration Tech (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CANovember 3, 2017
Being that I was not from California I did not fit in and was treaded differently than everyone else. I was told before I started this job that it would last at lest three year's. I quit my job in Texas to move to California just for this job, they let me go after three months.
Pros
For working all the overtime the company would give free dinners
Cons
Management would lie just to cover themselves.
Inexperienced management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAOctober 27, 2017
From top to bottom of management is inexperienced, that just takes what could be a good place to being a disaster. Advancement is only for a select few. You better keep your thoughts and ideas for improvements to yourself or management will have no problem pushing you out the door.
Pros
food and drinks in break room
Cons
way too many to list
virgin
A&P Technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CASeptember 12, 2017
environment was unorganized , no structure, no department organization. lack of advancement. management was not effective or efficient in daily operations.
Productive and fulfilling best HR on the planet
Composite Technician II/Hybrid Rocket Technician (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAAugust 29, 2017
This is a great place to work the only down side is the location. Management is outstanding and the atmosphere is great. Every day was fun and exciting sorry I ever left.
Pros
Ping Pong table free coffee and dinner if you work OT
Absolute Chaos!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 12, 2017
If your manager tells you that they believe in communication it means that they want to know everything you are doing and want to read every email you send. Somehow "communication" became a new term for "micromanagement".

They say safety is important, but that's just talk. A lot of " talking the talk" and very little of "walking the walk".

Don't expect them to be in business 10 years from now.
Pros
Happy hour, free snacks, some really good working folks
Cons
Constant turnover, poor management, untrained management, safety is not priority.
Great place to work with wonderful people
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 26, 2017
The company is still in startup mode so there are things that need to change and will with time. The people are great to work with and honestly care about one another. There is more than enough work to go around and no one is standing on your head to have it done yesterday. I honestly cannot say enough nice things about this company as I have been at places that are 100x worse.
Pros
No set work schedule for salary employees, free snacks, free drinks, free coffee and there is always support if you need it
Cons
Lack of promotion process, hard time getting rid of bad people
Great Place To Work
Manufacturing Engineer-Machining (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 21, 2016
Virgin Galactic is an awesome place to work. Salary is low because of the startup nature of the business.
This company is set on making a positive difference in the world.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
No locations in Huntsville AL
One of the best companies I have worked for.
Metals Fabrication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAJuly 7, 2015
I had the pleasure of helping to create a great manufacturing crew.
The skills on the shop floor developed quickly.
The relationship between designers/engineers and the manufacturing department was outstanding. The employees show a genuine concern for the company goals. I will always remember the people I worked next to every day as some of the brightest people I have had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Great atitude and determination to advance the program from the manufacturing departments., I truely enjoyed being a part of my crews developement.
Cons
Many of the manufacturing leaders are green and lack real world experience., I have seen some nieve approaches to company procedures.
Fun place to work at. Interesting culture.
AVIONICS ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 1, 2015
Interesting place to work. Lots of younger, highly energetic folks with limited real world experience.
Learned how to design, test, and certify LRUs and aircraft for space operations

Hardest part was to fit into the commercial mindset.
Most enjoyable part was designing the space ship hardware
Excellent company, We work hard and play Hard
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Lots of room for advancement
Great mix of people to create wonderful team
Tons of knowledge from many different companys
Pros
Dinner and Breakfast provided
Exciting but that wears off...
Warehouse & Materials Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CAOctober 30, 2014
Start up environment with rookie leaders. There are changing priorities that keep everyone jumping.
Amazing place, amazing people, amazing acheivments
Sr IT Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CAAugust 24, 2014
Amazing place, amazing people, amazing acheivments.

I learned a ton of skills from FORTRAN to How Rockets work.

Forever thankful for the experience.
Pros
Free Dinners
Cons
Mojave, Ca
2nd rate at best
PRINCIPLE FLIGHT CONTROLS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAJune 4, 2014
Continued Scaled Composites culture of home-built aircraft. Composite aircraft and mechanical systems are designed by new grads with no knowledge of composite layup or FAR 23 FAR 25 design requirements. I've seen carnival rides with more integrity.
Pros
Cons
too many to list here
Making History, Making Spaceships
Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mojave CaliforniaJanuary 20, 2014
Provide work for my Employees, Managing the construction of Spaceship 2, The workflow and getting supplies on time are difficult but getting better, I enjoy working with all the great people there.
Pros
Making History
Cons
Little Structure
Productive & Fun workplace where you enjoy coming to work everyday, and never know what to expect.
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CAJanuary 12, 2014
Working for TSC/ Virgin Galactic is truly amazing! The project that we work on is completely outstanding and we all reach our challenges every day to get our vehicles into space! Everyone who works here is like family, and I can honestly say we are a giant family. Management goes above and beyond to have a great team to send our customers into space. We work hard, and have fun at the same time!
Really fun job, has its moments for a new company.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CAJuly 11, 2012
Good company and I am glad to be a part of history. Fun and easy job when it comes natural to you.
Pros
team building events
Cons
sometimes it feels like your opinion doesn't matter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Galactic. Our community is ready to answer.

Virgin Galactic Reviews by Location