Job Title: Triage Telephone Nurse (LPN)
We are looking for an energetic, hard work, out-going person to work in our very busy Cardiology office. We are a 'patient-centered' cardiology practice, working to provide exceptional care to our patients. The LPN must get along well with staff and patients, be able to multi-task, be organized, and flexible. MUST have EMR experience.
General Summary: A non- exempt position responsible for medical triage of patients using established protocols, documentation via Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and providing specified diagnostic results to patients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Receives & processes telephone calls from patients requiring medical advice or general information.
- Demonstrates ability to make quick decisions, based on sound base of critical thinking skills/guidelines by protocols.
- Assesses the patient's problem utilizing established protocols & interaction w/ provider on-site or on-call.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to include advice, appointments per protocol, or direction from physician.
- Appropriately documents calls received.
- Acts as an extension of the health care team to meet patient needs.
- Assists patients in empathetic, efficient manner to determine best course of action to resolve issue.
- Be receptive to constructive feedback by supervisor &/or QI to better serve patients.
- Demonstrate ability to interact w/ a variety of levels of staff to provide good customer service to internal customers.
- All electronic refills (e-scripts) posted daily, all faxed prescriptions, all call back charts for any testing that was already reviewed by the Physician (echo, carotids, lower extremity and event monitors).
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- 1 full year of current experience as a LPN in a clinical setting w/ relevancy required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current LPN license in appropriate jurisdiction assigned .
- Pass basic typing test required.
- Ability to type 50 WPM required.
- Must have effective interpersonal & communications skills.
Work Environment: Medical exam and treatment rooms and medical offices.
Education: LPN –On-the-job training triage
Experience: Minimum 1 year LPN experience and one to two years of telephone triage.
Other Requirements: State-licensed practical nurse
MUST have EMR experience!
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and FSA benefits offered!
Resume and references
- Location: Manassas
- Candidates only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests