Virginia College

Virginia College Employee Reviews

Provided assist (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJune 17, 2015
Assist program director with copies, faxes, printing, filling, etc. The program director lets me assist her with anything that she needs.
It's a flexible workplace
Academic Coordinator (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 8, 2015
Pros: flexiblity
Cons: nothing really
My day starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. I have learned to cherish everyday that I am at work knowing that I make a difference in the students' life. My co-workers are fun to work with and are always looking out for each other. They always find a way to uplift each other. The hardest part of the job was/is knowing that I can be paid more based on my experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I know that I am coming to work to make a difference in someone's life.
Love my students
Academic Coordinator / Instructor (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 7, 2015
My students are what has kept me teaching for as long as I have. The experience is unexplainable and the joy and feeling is life changing.
Quality Assurance, and goal oriented. Inspired to keep striving for perfection.
Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: Consistant, and prided themselves on team buliding; continueous education.
Cons: Conflict resolution needed work.
I knew I was accomplishing something each day and worked with a team of well rounded and educated individuals. I looked forward to coming to work. I was never board and always engaged. I loved the population of students and through out the departments everyone seamed to be doing the same thing, Setting high goals and work diligently to acheive them. This is something that I have not found in the current market.
working with the students is the best part.
Admissions Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2015
Working with the students is the best part. If you like helping changing peoples lives you will enjoy. the school had great benefits.
Campus leadership
Market Development Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville TNMay 11, 2015
Overall, Virginia College is an excellent organization. However, the campus leadership in Knoxville is a train wreck.
Under her leadership, the campus's enrollment and retention has dropped to below standards. Her treatment of staff is even worse. Over the course of her 1 1/2 year tenure, the staff has seen a huge increase in turnover. Primary reason: will not work for someone who treats peaple this poorly.
Fullfilling
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Macon, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: structured
This is a very fulfilling job. You can see the difference that you make. The staff is very helpful and you have the support of the management.
great work atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 25, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: pay rate and amount of hours allowed
this job was a wonderful learning experience during my time in college. The staff were wonderful to work with on a daily basis.
Excellent
ASSISTANT TO CAREER SERVICES CENTER (Former Employee), Career ServicesApril 23, 2015
The job is awesome , great group of employees. As a current graduate I have had the best experience at this place. Both great place to work and learn at.
Excessive administrative duties for Instructors
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Florence, SCApril 21, 2015
Pros: Clean campus
Cons: Extremely high turn-over rate
This institution is more like high school. It is far removed from what you would see at a normal college. The student has mandatory homework; Admin would interrupt the class frequently; There are no consequences for bad behavior;
GREAT!
Enrollment Specialist/Lead Recruiter (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 20, 2015
Great place to work. They require you to wark hard but the pay off is worth it. The hardest part is not being able to speka a ot of time your family.
There was a lot of conflict.
Student (Former Employee), Columbus GeorgiaApril 10, 2015
Pros: Close to my home
Cons: Very expensive, credits do not transfer
There was a lot of staff turn over and very immature students. There were fights, students having relations in the parking lot, a lot of foul language. The staff didn't do enough to keep the students in line with the professional atmosphere that they wanted to portray. If I had known the situation at the time I thought about going there I would have actually gone to another school.
Very healthy environment to work in with alot of friendly people
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: wonderful snacks at the meetings, the bake and food sales
Cons: benefits, term breaks
When you first walk in the doors people are always there to greet you with a smile on their faces. I've learned that no matter what type of day you are having you should always be ready and eager to work with a smile on your face and with a positive attitude. The management always stayed checking on everyone and motivating each individual daily. The co-workers never had a bad attitude and was always there to help one another. The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy especially the students but you only can do the best you can and keep the students motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to really enact with the students and the Faculty meetings we had were very encouraging.
Company as a whole is great, but certain campuses need a campus improvement plan to allow students opportunity to voice their opinions
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Pierce, FLMarch 24, 2015
Virginia College Review
Full-time Instructor (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: co-workers gossip too much
I'm proud to be an employee of Virginia College. The job can be stressful at times during midterms and finals' week. The work environment is pretty laid back however co-workers gossip a lot about each other's business. The most enjoyable part of my job is to teach people skills that will help them be successful in the healthcare career.
Financial Planning Officer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great pay. great people. low turnover.
Cons: not much room for advancement.
Processing financial aid. Posting loans, consulting students and families. Perform packaging. Account reconciliation. Repacks, verification. Great team spirit in atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Intern Career Services (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LaMarch 3, 2015
As well as working here I'm also a student here. I'm a student in Business Administration and I work in Career services as an administrative assistant and assist students with job placement.
I love working here
Adjunct Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: lots of work outside of scheduled work time
My first time working as an instructor and I have really enjoyed it thus far. Great working environment and faculty members. The students can be difficult at times due to laziness and/or lack of interest. But if your a good instructor you can help keep them focused
One of the best career training colleges in Columbus, Ga.
Phenix City Headstart Assist (Current Employee), Columbus, Ga.February 25, 2015
Pros: great learning environment
Virginia College offers students fast and focused career training, small class sizes, day and night class schedules... many even available through online learning via the Internet. Individual attention from staff and instructors, real world faculty members who work in the field and know what employers are looking for, programs that prepare you for success in the job market,Financial planning available for those who qualify and help you with job placement services beyond graduation!
teachers/classes
Medical Assistant (major) (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: keep the good work up
Cons: more windows{felt like i was being suffocated}
very productive place of learning...i enjoyed all my teachers,,and teacher with us as students the interactions to me was great!

1 2 3 4 5