Virginia College

Virginia College Employer Reviews

Productive day with assisting students with life's experiences.
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: resources were available to assist instructors
Cons: short breaks
Was independently in charge with class assignments and directives. I have learned from students from various backgrounds, cultures and beliefs, Co-workers were supportive of one another and the hardest part of the job was not knowing what classes I was going to teach each term and the times. My job was enjoyable to me because I got to see the accomplishments – more... and growth of each individual. Management was very cooperative in helping with any problems the instructors would have. – less
BEWARE
Student Finance Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, flAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: too many to name
Training is all about student first but you will soon realize its really all about getting students no matter the cost. If you decide to work here be prepared to deal with a high influx of students because they are very short staffed. The job is 90% debt collection and chasing students down to get documents completed. So if you like chasing adults down – more... all day while packaging students who are only in school for a financial aid check you will love this job. Job is very stressful!! You will be lied on behind your back and to your face. You've been warned!! – less
Team oriented work envoirnment
Medical Assistant/Billing Instructor (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: freedom to change teaching methods to assist with comprehension and retention of material.
Cons: attendance calls.
Motivating students is a continuous effort and a mandatory part of maintaining academic success.
Everyday a new challenge.
Campus Chief of Security (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 22, 2014
Pros: working environment
Cons: poor radio communication
Arrived at 6 am turned off alarms. Checked Students and Staff's I.D.'s. Walked the halls and the parking lot. Counseled Students. My co-workers were the best. The hardest part of the job was escorted Student or former employees off the property. The respect from the Students and Staff. I believe that if you give respect you receive it in turn.
Well organized and professional
Student Finance Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 19, 2014
This company maintained a professional environment at all times. Treated all clients and employees with respect and there was never any questions as to what job responsibilities were. I wish more places were like this.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: team members, management, pay rate, helpful, and caring
Cons: n/a
A typical day at Virginia College was great! The work environment is very caring, the team member and management is very caring and helpful as well. The pay rate is great and i love everything about that place.
A great place to learn
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 7, 2014
Pros: this position can pave the way for other opportunity
Cons: part time means no benefits
Working with the best of the best college and co workers have made me an asset to any company that will hire me.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2014
Liason for other military spouses. A great pleasure and honor!
Worked with confidential student files
work study (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJuly 9, 2014
 Filed confidential paperwork, printed weekly attendance rosters
 Created student identification badges
It was a wonderful place to work.
Financial Aid Assistant - Work Study (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 30, 2014
Pros: it helped me to learn some financial aid program and meet different people.
Cons: i graduted just when i was enjoying the job.
I learned how to file and help people to get ready to prepare for their financial aid and The staff was friendly and we got along good. What I enjoyed about working there is everyone came to work with a smile on their face.
Great job
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 16, 2014
Following up with my Students making sure they have no concerns or issues. Calling my leads and doing interviews.
The work day of a cosmetologist at Virginia College
Cosmetology Student (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 4, 2014
As a student, our duties as a stylist is to sanitize, set up our work area, and make sure that we leave our clients satisfied. I have learned about the root of cosmetics and how to take proper care of the hair, nails, and skin. My co-workers are very fun and caring. We help each other out and work as a team of one. The hardest part of my job is trying – more... to master a style that has been very difficult to manage. The most enjoyable part of my job is the excitement and creativity that new and unique styles have with them. – less
It is what it is
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2014
I learned a lot from working there and that I can overcome just about anything.
Admissions Associate
Admissions Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 27, 2014
I enrolled students into classes. I enjoy meeting the students. I enjoyed talking to them about their backgrounds, likes, and dislikes.
Enrollment -Admissions-Recruting
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 26, 2014
Analyze potential student information to determine eligibility for admission, meeting with candidates to assess qualifications and understand goals. Adhere to set policies and procedures to enable students to enroll and complete degree programs. Maintain communication with new students throughout enrollment process and into second term. Conduct campus – more... tours. Provide information regarding campus services and program offerings.
Key Accomplishments:
• Achieved set goals and exceeded them by 25%.
• Taught new tactics and procedures to under-performing specialists, resulting in higher levels of student success. – less
Very thorough
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2014
Very supportive in allowing me to provide entrepreneurial insight
Rewarding place to work
Instructor Medical Assisting (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 24, 2014
Help change people's life's and help make some of the best health care professionals
Excellent Place to work for
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 7, 2014
Learned how to implement curriculum effectively. I really enjoyed working at this job.
I love working with my students.
General Education Instructor (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 3, 2014
My students make my job enjoyable. On a typical day, I am usually at work from 7:30 am until 3:00 pm. I normally teach three classes on Monday through Thursday, and Friday is reserved for office hours, tutoring and preparation for the upcoming week.
fun job
Educator Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 1, 2014
very warm place to work, great location!

you are in a great learning environment!

co worker awesome!

nothing is hard about this job.

love working for self