Virginia College

Virginia College Employer Reviews

Financial Planning Officer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great pay. great people. low turnover.
Cons: not much room for advancement.
Processing financial aid. Posting loans, consulting students and families. Perform packaging. Account reconciliation. Repacks, verification. Great team spirit in atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Intern Career Services (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LaMarch 3, 2015
As well as working here I'm also a student here. I'm a student in Business Administration and I work in Career services as an administrative assistant and assist students with job placement.
I love working here
Adjunct Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: lots of work outside of scheduled work time
My first time working as an instructor and I have really enjoyed it thus far. Great working environment and faculty members. The students can be difficult at times due to laziness and/or lack of interest. But if your a good instructor you can help keep them focused
One of the best career training colleges in Columbus, Ga.
Phenix City Headstart Assist (Current Employee), Columbus, Ga.February 25, 2015
Pros: great learning environment
Virginia College offers students fast and focused career training, small class sizes, day and night class schedules... many even available through online learning via the Internet. Individual attention from staff and instructors, real world faculty members who work in the field and know what employers are looking for, programs that prepare you for success in the job market,Financial planning available for those who qualify and help you with job placement services beyond graduation!
teachers/classes
Medical Assistant (major) (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: keep the good work up
Cons: more windows{felt like i was being suffocated}
very productive place of learning...i enjoyed all my teachers,,and teacher with us as students the interactions to me was great!
Instructor duties
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: superior environment
Cons: unaware of school business
Under general supervision, planned and implemented curriculum and educational programs for students within the program. Communicated class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives.
Evaluated, designed, and implemented curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
Made administrative and procedural decisions, judgments on sensitive, confidential issues, and worked effectively with diverse populations.
Student Career Development Specialist
Student Career Development Specialist (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: freedom to work, decent pay, relationships
Cons: limited opportunity to move up. not rewarded very well for successes.
Spent time following up with pending grads and grads to make sure all paperwork is in compliance, resume is up to par, interview skills are good and communicated with employers to try and obtain positions for the grads. Very similar to a recruiter position at a staffing agency. Management gives a pretty long leash in Career Services at Virginia College and the department is, without a doubt, the best run department in the ECA Corporate structure
Need to bring back old management
Financial Aid Planning Officer (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 27, 2015
Assist with developing funding plans for potential students. Assist with awarding federal and state aid and scholarships.
Great job placement opportunities for students.
Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2015
I love to see my students have "aha" moments!
The hardest thing to do is convince students that math is not as hard as they think it is. There is no magic involved. It's hard to get them to relax and trust their own ability to learn.
Great Work/Life Balance
Academic Librarian (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Being a small location I was allowed a lot of freedom in my schedule. The management was easy to talk to and encouraged my creativity. My coworkers were friendly and well qualified.
Productive and Great Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 21, 2015
The college strives to maintain a productive learning environment.
The job for work study was enjoyable and good learning experience.
Office Support/Brooks Global Elementary (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: worked in my field of study.
Cons: wished i was still working.
I learned to work well with others and to be a good listener.I also learned to manage my time wisely the hardest part of the job was leaving. My most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and the children.
Very Productive
Admission Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: beautiful location
Cons: away from family
phone calls interviews, enrollments meetings daily to ensure we meet the daily and weekly goal.
Great Place to Work
Program Director (Current Employee), Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 12, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for. You will find an amazing group of staff members to help you facilitate your programmatic goals.

Students are given the opportunity to succeed by an endless amount of resources readily available.
Productive and fun place to work
Admission Receptionist (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: when students finsh it's such a joy to see.
Cons: very busy at the front desks.
My work is; When I arrive at 7:00am open the receptionist desk area I have 3 reports to get prepared for the Director of Admission.
Make sure all mail is delivery, in charge of all mail-outs, and all students that inquiry about ID badges, schedules, books, or any questions, so they can be directed the right persons, all students appointments are meet when students arrive. Meet and greet all visitors, vendors and faulty. Letters of admissions, assist with student test taking and filing test scores and so much more.
A good college to go to
Student (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great instructors
Cons: my books were late getting to me by mail
I had a wonderful experience with Virginia College online.
Great Experience
Network Engineering Student (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free certification vouchers
Cons: only 2 vouchers is the limit
Learning at Virginia College has been a great start in the IT field with great teachers who have great plans in teaching. Virginia College has a great program which allows you to study and take certification exams for free. Lots of hands on and learning materials to ensure that you come out with what you're expecting to learn. Great environment, professional setting in a safe area and security in the building. The teachers are great, and I had a lot of fun learning. I recommend Virginia College to anyone who wants to be introduced to the IT field to learn Hardware, Software, Networking, cisco, Linux, Security, and Microsoft courses.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant for Student Services (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: great job. i really enjoyed everyday
Cons: sometimes work can be hard and takes 2 or 3 days to complese one task.
My day started with a list of things to do for the day, like researching jobs. housing etc... for students. I answered phone calls as needed and greeted students, teachers, and customers as they came in. I gathered their information and what they needed and left a message for my employer if she was not available. I learned how to use Microsoft Excel and Spreadsheet, as well as basic office duties. My co workers were great and we all worked together as a team in order to get all of the tasks done for the day.The hardest part of my job was insuring that all of the students need were met and that I had researched all resources thoroughly not leaving any student out. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the students, and teachers that I helped leaving with smiles on their faces, being satisfied with my work and help for them.
great
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 14, 2014
all day, every day
very interesting...not a boring day
still employed
love working with the students
great school
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee), Macon, GANovember 4, 2014
I intern in the lab learn had a lot of hands on training. Working with the staff was great. the hardest thing was moving in the lab because it was so small

1 2 3 4 5