Virginia College Employee Reviews

Throw Ethics Out the Window
Career Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 19, 2017
This is not the place for you if you want to maintain any moniker of integrity. Don't kid yourself. This is a for-profit organization, and it's run exactly like that. They will ask you to do unethical things to keep students in school.
Pros
Depending on your position...you can make a difference in someone's life
Cons
Backstabbing, secretive, and vindictive management.
Great Place to be
Work Study Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 12, 2017
Great place to get some experience and great people to work with. The average day was not complicated and there was always teachers to give help to whenever they needed help.
I enjoyed working at Virginia College. I love teaching.
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 7, 2017
Although all management is different. Virginia College in Georgia was a lot different from Tennesee I loved both. But it was a lot of prejudice going on this is why I left. The students were mostly drug addicts and a lot of them could not even read.
n/a
Student Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 3, 2017
Job always busy;students first;Helpful staff;helpful staff
it is like any other job that a person may work. just more hands on with the students

team work make the drive work
vc review
Student Medical Assistant Clinic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 31, 2017
Great learning experience.
very unorganized during my last few semesters but got through it drop out from the school due to dean not having my externship set up but i will not be returning
Great compensation
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 29, 2017
Virginia College offers great compensation and benefits for their employees.

The company is growing and changing rapidly, and offer opportunities throughout the United States.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no transparency during change
This place was not for someone with a terminal degree
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 23, 2017
This place was not for someone with a terminal degree. It may be okay someone else, but I did not like it there at all. However, I did learn good management skills and how to be professional there. Also they do have good training classes occasionally.
Pros
It was easy for students to enroll
Cons
Expensive for students
great school/caring staff
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39532March 14, 2017
Great school, provides wonderful education & great group of students to work with. I had several who struggled with math yet they stuck with it until they got it.
An okay place to work
Receptionist/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 7, 2017
Working there itself is okay. The management is very difficult to deal with. They are currently searching for new accreditation as they are on the verge of losing what they have now which has made everyone who works there feel unstable and in fact, since December 2016, 5 people where in supervisory positions, including the dean, have resigned. In my opinion, most of the students look to be financially challenged and this is an extremely expensive school and I am not sure that they have a great success rate at job placement when people graduate.
Pros
Quiet, easy going job, not much to do
Cons
nothing to do really except sit there all day, management lets the other employees treat people however they feel
Virginia College
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  AugustaMarch 3, 2017
Doubling as my school, it allowed balance in my life. It allowed me to get a better understanding in this field. Besides the perks of assisting fellow classmates, I assisted on helping others to stay on track for school.
Very Good Company
Chair (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 22, 2017
I had a great experience working At VCO. I miss the people and students. I would recommend this college to anyone student or employee.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Wonderful people to work with
Program Director of General Education (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 18, 2017
I have loved my 2+ years working for VC, I just wish we had the support of the marketing team to get the students we need. I love the students and faculty, and staff. We just need more students.
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 15, 2017
Very sales based. Great company to work for if one is comfortable with a sales structure. Opportunities for growth are there if willing to stick around for a period of time.
Very Unstable
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2017
Managers are not allowed to manage. The staff is very friendly, however the management does not do a very good job of keeping the staff enthusiastic about getting the job done. There also is no work life balance. 2 thumbs down.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Management needs to be trained.
Bad management changes, used fear to lead, but great pay.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 12, 2017
One of the best paying Jobs I've had. Did not like the constant change in process and procedures. Also had a lot of change in management. Feared losing job and management always used this as a tool to try and get more from each employee by using this horrible tactic.And work hours were not great
Pros
Good Pay.
Cons
Process and management turnover, used fear to motivate, work hours
Love what I do
Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 12, 2017
I love working for my students. They are the main reason why I do what I do each day. The benefits are okay compared to healthcare. Senior management at the campus level is great.
Love my job
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 10, 2017
I love my job at Virginia College. The students are great as well as the staff I work with! they pay great, they listen, the love feedback.
A great place to work, provides a lot of training in all areas
Campus Administrator; Registrar (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 9, 2017
One of the greatest school to enroll at for business programs, medical assistant program, medical coding program, pharmacy technician program and surgical technician programs.
Pros
Great Instructors: Great employees
Cons
Employee support from corporate office.
productive place to work and have fun doing what you love
Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 9, 2017
the hardest part of this job is the raffles we do sometimes we reach our goal sometimes we don't. typically we sit there and work on computers all day and deal with snotty rude customers and get cheated out of the hard work we do for them
Pros
fun to work on problem solving
Cons
customers attitude
no real complaints.....
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 7, 2017
other than the things that you can't control no matter where you are working or who you work for. I made a decision to simply come to work, do my job and hope for the best. I enjoy my students and genuinely making a difference in their lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9