Virginia College

Virginia College Employer Reviews

Worked with confidential student files
work study (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJuly 9, 2014
 Filed confidential paperwork, printed weekly attendance rosters
 Created student identification badges
It was a wonderful place to work.
Financial Aid Assistant - Work Study (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 30, 2014
Pros: it helped me to learn some financial aid program and meet different people.
Cons: i graduted just when i was enjoying the job.
I learned how to file and help people to get ready to prepare for their financial aid and The staff was friendly and we got along good. What I enjoyed about working there is everyone came to work with a smile on their face.
Great job
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 16, 2014
Following up with my Students making sure they have no concerns or issues. Calling my leads and doing interviews.
The work day of a cosmetologist at Virginia College
Cosmetology Student (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 4, 2014
As a student, our duties as a stylist is to sanitize, set up our work area, and make sure that we leave our clients satisfied. I have learned about the root of cosmetics and how to take proper care of the hair, nails, and skin. My co-workers are very fun and caring. We help each other out and work as a team of one. The hardest part of my job is trying – more... to master a style that has been very difficult to manage. The most enjoyable part of my job is the excitement and creativity that new and unique styles have with them. – less
It is what it is
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2014
I learned a lot from working there and that I can overcome just about anything.
Admissions Associate
Admissions Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 27, 2014
I enrolled students into classes. I enjoy meeting the students. I enjoyed talking to them about their backgrounds, likes, and dislikes.
Enrollment -Admissions-Recruting
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 26, 2014
Analyze potential student information to determine eligibility for admission, meeting with candidates to assess qualifications and understand goals. Adhere to set policies and procedures to enable students to enroll and complete degree programs. Maintain communication with new students throughout enrollment process and into second term. Conduct campus – more... tours. Provide information regarding campus services and program offerings.
Key Accomplishments:
• Achieved set goals and exceeded them by 25%.
• Taught new tactics and procedures to under-performing specialists, resulting in higher levels of student success. – less
Very thorough
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2014
Very supportive in allowing me to provide entrepreneurial insight
Rewarding place to work
Instructor Medical Assisting (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 24, 2014
Help change people's life's and help make some of the best health care professionals
Excellent Place to work for
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 7, 2014
Learned how to implement curriculum effectively. I really enjoyed working at this job.
I love working with my students.
General Education Instructor (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 3, 2014
My students make my job enjoyable. On a typical day, I am usually at work from 7:30 am until 3:00 pm. I normally teach three classes on Monday through Thursday, and Friday is reserved for office hours, tutoring and preparation for the upcoming week.
fun job
Educator Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 1, 2014
very warm place to work, great location!

you are in a great learning environment!

co worker awesome!

nothing is hard about this job.

love working for self
Education Corporation provides great benefits such as tuition benefits.
Administrator- Student Services (Former Employee), Charleston, South CarolinaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: tuition benefits
I enjoyed working for Education Corporation of America. They are based out of Birmingham, Alabama. New England Business is also apart of the ECA family providing Business and Finance undergraduate and graduate programs.
Great Place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 24, 2014
I enjoy working for such a great School. Everyone is friendly and easy to work with!
Beware
Academics (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: no job security
The Greensboro location lacks proper leadership. The students are lied to in order to get the numbers. Teachers have been groped, yelled at and dismissed at any given time. Standards have been lowered in order to keep the money rolling in and the stress is incredible. The auditors need to speak with the students; if they did, they would shut the place – more... down. I feel sorry for the students. – less
Amazing students and friendly teachers
Instructor (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSFebruary 19, 2014
Typical day involved writing lesson plans, instructing classes, grading papers and tests, and interacting on a personal level with all my students

My fellow teachers were hard working and wonderful with the students

Management was not the best but the other instructors made up for what they lacked
not a good work environment
Instructor (Former Employee), mobileFebruary 11, 2014
Students are in control of all things that take place in the classroom
Adjunct Faculty Instructor for Medical Assisting/ Medical Office Management
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Charleston, South CarolinaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: learning a new skill within the area of education
Cons: not able to teach every quarter due to class offering
I have taught several classes within the Medical Assisting curriculum which gave me the opportunity to experience education. I have learned that there is a need for competent clinical instructors to assist adult learners to complete their personal and educational goals. I have also learned that I need to pursue a higher educational degree to become – more... more competitive within this capacity and to become more valuable within the classroom environment. Therefore, I have re-enrolled within Excelsior College to pursue the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree. Thereafter, I will re-enroll to pursue a Master of Science in Nursing Degree with a concentration in Nurse Education.

The management team is very supportive of the Instructors within the classroom offering a variety of skill training and in services to increase competence and promote learning.

The hardest part of my job is engaging my students! I have learned and encountered a variety of learning styles that differ from mine.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that it fulfills a feeling deep within me that I am giving back to a wonderful clinical community that trained me and gave me the clinical skills that I currently possess. It also helps me to maintain my commitment to lifelong learning. – less
Great!
Student (Former Employee), Biloxi, msJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: great instructors, professional setting
Cons: changing of instructors often
Great school, the school taught me real life skill and put me in real life situations to prepare me for the work field. all the instructors was awesome and will.
Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: things are always changing at the last minute. if your not flexible not a good place to work
I am a current instructor students can be challenging however it's part of the job. Management is great they works with concerns when needed. Available promotions are always opening. Great co-workers

1 2 3 4 5