Virginia College Employee Reviews in United States

Corporation in the business of profiting off of ability to accept federal $
Adjunct Instructor of Massage Therapy (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 19, 2016
I loved teaching massage! Many of the students were really great. I did poorly within the political corporate structure. Co-workers were ok I guess. Mostly everyone is out for themselves and the management is mostly concerned about the bottom line.
Pros
regular schedule, good benefits
Cons
Money driven corporate culture, red tape, 30 min lunch break
Admissions
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2015
Although there were rigorous metrics, the environment was fun and competitive. Managers were always willing to help. Compensation was fair. The call center in Tampa closed.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
No job security or work/life balance
Great place to work and be able to impact the lives of graduates!
Career & Market Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 7, 2016
With being a Career and Market Development Manager, I was able to meet a variety of people from many different industries. I was able to build customer relationships while promoting graduates from Virginia College. Through my position, I was able to impact the lives of many graduates with helping to connect them to career opportunities in their field of study. It was a very rewarding position.
Pros
Building employer relationships throughout many industries
Cons
Pay Structure
VC is a place of high energy!
Student Career Associate (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at VC is normally busy. Their is never a dull moment because the goal is to get students in class and passing to be able to graduate. Two things I learned is time management is very important and their is no such thing as multi-tasking. You can only complete one thing at a time before you can move on to the next. Co -workers at VC are hardworking. They stay on top of things to make sure the transition into the school is smooth. Their is no hard part to the job just know what your doing. If you don't ask! The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the each student walk across the stage (graduation)!
Very peaceful environment and was able to do my homework if I had not one to tutor.
Peer Tutor/Learning Success Center (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work was when the manager and I would help students who needed assistance with homework or software on the computer, cleaning our workplace, and tutoring people who signed up for tutoring. I learned along with the students I tutors. Sometimes I would need a refresher on some of my skills and they showed me notes and showed me other ways they did things that I had never thought of before. The management was strict, but they did not ever abuse their power. They were very efficient at what they did and were always available to help you when you had a question. My co-workers were all students that were in classes with me. They were already my friends so there was no problem in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was probably when I had to stay alone at nighttime because I did not have the same computer access as my manager so I could not help a lot of people around that time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them learn and enjoy their work.
Pros
Peaceful work environment
Cons
Short break
Making a difference
Lead Admissions Associate (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 15, 2016
A typical day for me would be to make a difference in a student's life. When a student enters into my employment, my goal is to go over in great details a career planning session. I want the student to believe he/she can make a differences in his/her own life.
It's a place if you want to gain experience before you find a career you want.
Staff (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2016
When I first started working at VC, I was excited because I was given an opportunity to do what I enjoy doing which is teaching. After a while, the management started changing. Pressure were placed on all the staff to produce high number of students. By doing so, the quality of students that were admitted to the school became really low. It became hard for me to teach quality education because the students cannot comprehend the level of education that I was bringing to them. Also, I started working longer hours to help ensure that the number of students that were retained by the end of the quarter will continue to be higher. This started to create burnout on my end.
Pros
Enjoy teaching sometimes
Cons
Long hours, management does not respect the lower staff, quality of the students coming in is really low.
Good place
Business and General education Professor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 11, 2016
Great place to work. Business department is the best and most professional to work for. The school is always clean and the staff is captivating. Instructors are smart and top of the line people.
Pros
Upper management very good and attentive
Cons
classes spaced out
Keeping students
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day is calling and calling and calling. Also making sure that you get referrals as well. You also have to make the students stay until the next quarter. If they don't it will effect your numbers.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Trying to get in contact with people on the phone.
Montgomery Campus, Virginia College
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 5, 2015
Administered by truly dedicated people to the advancement of knowledge to their student population. They allow the instructor freedom within the course of study in the classroom. They offer a well rounded choice of careers for the student to choose as their course or profession of study. They maintaine a better than average level of skilled and experienced instructors in all fields of study offered.
Easy work, just childlike behavior
Worker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 25, 2016
It was a good position, but the workers are prone to acting childish about many things. Too much drama. The schedule isn't bad, but working till 8pm is a little much.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
hours, drama
Productive, and fun place to work in
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 7, 2015
Great management. Great benefits. Great co-workes and would recommed friends to work her as well. I have enjoyed working here very much
Awesome place to work
FT Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 14, 2015
Love it awesome teamwork etc. Most enjoyable part is interacting at a career college and touching lives. Management couldn't be better and interaction with co workers is priceless.
Pros
Excellent Environment
Cons
High turn over
Great job
Preimiere Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 8, 2015
geat place to work and advance. I would recomend if you are eager to work with people on a very personal level. However, you are responsible for things that you can not control and it makes in difficult to enjoy what you do daily.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
they hold you responsible for things you cannot control
Poor Management
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg County, SCFebruary 22, 2016
Very poor upper management. Constantly changing mid-levels, you never feel secure your job because they will cut whole departments at one time
Very good work environment and room to grow.
Receptionist/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 21, 2015
Typical day was coming in at 7am, power up computer and clock in and start up software. Make sure the lobby area was neat & clean, answered phone and put through to the assigned person or department, take messages. Assign future students to enrollment specialist, assisted in prescreen testing of future students, check male, assist walk ins to questions & concerns. Learned the process of enrollment, got wonderful training from my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was knowing who to assign to which enrollment specialist. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people and helping them improve their lives.
Unpredictable, High Turnover
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 22, 2015
Jobs are not secure; there is no work/life balance; management communication is poor and inconsistent messages; Most everyone complains and appears unhappy there
Pros
Good Benefits
The students, its all about the students
Director/Instructor (Criminal Justice) (Current Employee) –  Columbus Ga.February 10, 2016
As program director I manage the Criminal Justice Department. This includes the hiring and supervision pf instructors and all the as well as scheduling and curriculum. I was also ensured that we were with in ACICS Guidelines. The best part of the job was changing lives of the students. We developed within the curriculum professionalism and critical thinking skills.
Pros
The students
Cons
Admin stuff
I loved working for this company, great management team
Academics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia College-Columbia, SCOctober 20, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was able to assist students in transforming their lives. For some this was their second chance. I was able to utilize my skills to give back to the students in order for them to be successful at completing the program
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
Very healthy environment to work in with alot of friendly people
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 1, 2015
When you first walk in the doors people are always there to greet you with a smile on their faces. I've learned that no matter what type of day you are having you should always be ready and eager to work with a smile on your face and with a positive attitude. The management always stayed checking on everyone and motivating each individual daily. The co-workers never had a bad attitude and was always there to help one another. The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy especially the students but you only can do the best you can and keep the students motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to really enact with the students and the Faculty meetings we had were very encouraging.
Pros
wonderful snacks at the meetings, the bake and food sales
Cons
benefits, term breaks