Virginia College Employee Reviews

Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 21, 2018
It was a federal work study student. I sat in on interviews for future educators for the school. I also was able to learn administrative skill sets and be able to apply them to real life.
Pros
federal work study student
Cons
federal work study student
Not favorable
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 17, 2018
The management style was very difficult and there were certain aspects that offers opportunities. I would suggest extensive research be done before confirming employment
bad upper management
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 10, 2018
upper level management is poor and sneaky,cant trust campus president, corporate does not care about the students, they only care about the money, co workers are great, students are great
Instructor position
Medical Unit RN, Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35801January 31, 2018
Some courses were set up well. However, some course had never been taught. Tests did not coincide with the materials the instructor's were given. Theses courses were hard to teach because of the lack of flow and did not make sense in the classroom setting!
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 30, 2018
Inspiring. Students are great! They come with a yearning to learn. Teachers are dedicated and knowledgeable. The school has improved greatly; new president.
This is a fun place to work
Part-time receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 30, 2018
I do love working here and I love the students.I enjoy my job truly, however, they keep cutting my hours and I need a full time position. One with benefits, or better hours.
Cons
Part time people do not have any benefits
Business Instructor (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 27, 2018
Management is rude to students and faculty. Make you not want to work there or be a student. I don't recommend this place to work or go to school here.
Pros
Love the students
Cons
Higher up is mean, not a people person
Great job with no security
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 26, 2018
Work environment and pay was great for the work done. Only issue that I had was getting hired and shortly eliminating my position which left me without employment. Many other positions were cut shortly after mine.
Pros
Amazing stress-free environment, good pay
Cons
Lack of job security
Nice place
COLLEGE PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  BILOXI, MSJanuary 18, 2018
I am an adjunct professor so I do not have benefits, but overall nice place to work and decent pay. Would definitely recommend for extra job/work. Enjoy.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
No benefits
Amazing opportunity!!
Culinary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2018
My last job was teaching Culinary Arts at Virginia College, where I received Instructor of the Year 2016. It was an amazing opportunity and decided to leave on excellent terms to help Dad. I have since relocated to Saint Augustine to help my father and his estate. I enjoyed teaching, mentoring, producing formats, cross training to all instructors, ordering of all food and paper for the department and much more!
Pros
Too many to list, see above.
Cons
A few challenging students, but I was able to convince most to pursue a future.

Want to know more about Virginia College?

Ask a question
The Working Enviornment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 16, 2018
The working environment at Virginia College is hostile toward the instructors. There is also a lack of support for full and part-time employees. For example, I was escorted out of the building by a student for inappropriate comments that were made on Facebook. I was never allowed to see, nor dispute, the comments.
Pros
Consistent Contracts
Cons
Hostile working environment
Workplace culture indicates they don't trust the employees
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALJanuary 10, 2018
Instructors were always being watched for minor infractions. Lesson plans were given and not to be deviated from. This used to be a good place to work three years ago.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Not a good place to work
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 8, 2018
poor management, no support or morale. Its cut throat and no appreciation. You work yourself to the bone and they will simply replace you with little to no thought
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
computer technology teacher
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2018
(Adjunct Professor) as a computer science instructor my duties consist of teaching students how to use the latest technology latest in Cisco routing and switching, A plus, Cyber defense, security technology online and ground courses, including preparing lesson plans according to the syllabus. Other duties include tracking attendance, grades, using classroom management skills and implementing all school policies and procedures.
Pros
Free certiufication
Cons
working long evenings on campus
Not a productive place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 5, 2018
My experience at Virginia was not a good one. The staff at that time was racist and not realistic about what you could accomplish according to their rules.

You expected to call students when they were absent and you were held responsible for the percentage of time they attended classes.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Bias supervisors
Summary
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Great environment to get experience and help students pursue their careers. The Company offers flexible hours so students are not locked down in class 5 days a week and offers the opportunity to graduate within a short period of time.
Corporate greed at its finest
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Forced time off without pay at the holidays for two years in a row, combined with no advancement opportunities, no raise (even a cost of living raise) in 3 years, and constant "do more with less" attitude makes this job a chore. Management gets/takes credit for lower level individuals' hard work without ever recognizing who accomplished the goal.
Pros
students are great
Cons
corporate doesn't care about its employees
a bit soul crushing
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Corporate expected an increase in responsibilities and then reduced pay by about 15%. No job security, corporate focused on profits over student outcomes.
Not Satisfied
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 3, 2018
I was not impressed with the experience at Virginia College. I was promoted, relocated, and rifted in less than a 60 day span. The day was humiliating. I was treated as if I had committed a crime, escorted about by security and not allowed to collect my personal items. There was no compassion from upper management.
Great institution to attend for a technical degree
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 1, 2018
Great institution for receiving a technical degree. Not very student oriented. Most students here are young adults that are trying to work to pay bills and/or support a family.
Pros
Great student activities
Cons
No support for struggling students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia College. Our community is ready to answer.