Virginia Farm Bureau Employee Reviews

Productive and motivating environment with diverse culture and cooperative atmosphere.
Intern - Lead Cisco UC Trainer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2017
Working at Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance was a privilege, as well as a learning experience. Through the Information Services department, innovative thinking and customer service was the main traits each employee was required to pursue each and every day. Eventually, work became a hobby and I enjoyed myself training users on the cisco phone system along with training users on the Jabber application. Traveling around the state weeks at a time was an exhilarating experience that required upmost responsibility geographical mapping. I gained many close relationships with my supervisors and colleagues, as well as learning from others mistakes only resulting in preventing flaws of my own. We worked as a team and always were able to teach each other something new.
Pros
My position required innovating thinking and traveling.
Cons
Discourage of cross training.
Smoke and Mirrors...and angry customers!
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 30, 2016
The company has deep seated issues at the corporate management level. Ever-changing underwriting requirements, premium increases, and computer glitches that aggravate customers. I could no longer defend the company's actions that defied logic, and moved on. I am grateful for the friendships I made with customers, I am no longer a member nor a customer.
Pros
Friendships with customers who were neighbors
Cons
Bad Management that affected retention
Not The Job They Say
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Southeastern, VAJune 19, 2016
I was an Agent for several years with VAFB. The company does not live up to its own hype. The upper management is a revolving door and the expectations and quotas are moving targets. I had 14 people in my original Agents Training Class all hired at the same time. All of us had left the company for similar reasons by the end of 5 years. I would not reccomend working here to anyone.
Cons
Poor Management & Pressure to hit quotas
Excellent Place to Wrok
Customer Service, Health Insurance Broker, Sales (Current Employee) –  Rustburg, VA 24588April 1, 2016
I've completely enjoyed working at Virginia Farm Bureau. My co-works are like family. My supervisor is wonderful. The work is challenging at times, but if provides a great balance between work and family. I'd recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cash Management & Investments Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2014
good work life balance...conservative company....benefits are mediocre - have been stripped away from employees over the years....
I loved the people I worked with.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAMay 20, 2013
I really liked my job. I input insurance claims and payments and answered the phone.
Great Place to Work
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2013
Great place to work and lives the work balance motto. Work days are short and no working from home. It is great to work at a place that values employees so much.
Pros
value the family
N/a
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2013
Company activities were fun and enjoyable. The people were friendly and easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia Farm Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9