Virginia Heart Employee Reviews

working as a nurse at the headquarters
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 3, 2017
reviewing and answering emails
reviewing patient messages
processing orders
telephone traige
inputting lab results
getting patients vitals

hardest part of the job is remaining calm on the triage line when the patients are super stressed out and highly demanding.

best part of the job is seeing what differences can be made and how health improves for the patients.
Great work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 6, 2017
overall amazing staff and environment, but no room for growth and no raises leaving current employees with no motivation and making employees eventually look somewhere else.
Good Place to work
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 3, 2017
Customer service front desk position duties. Always doing something never any down time here for this position. A lot office events for employees, very employee centered/friendly cutlure
Pros
Free lunches often
Cons
constantly busy/ bordering too busy
N/a
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 22, 2017
8 hours a day for a busy practice
new computer application which is a good thing
ok
It's a job, I'm glad to have one, I do my work the best I can and go home.
Friendly Work Environment, Low Stress
Document Merger Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 17, 2017
Great workplace culture. There was little to no room for advancement. Compensation was not competitive enough but work was low stress. Healthcare offices typically are not as nicer looking as others out there if that is what you are into.
Pros
Location, Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Compensation, Career advancement
Healthy and postive work environment with happy call center agents.
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 13, 2016
A typical day in my current position is arriving, as scheduled, before the scheduling department opens, to be available to answer urgent calls from patients and clinical staff, page on-call doctors, and take messages on behalf of the office. Throughout the day I complete various administrative duties, process 100+ calls which are exceeding to the department goal, drafting documents and emails, scheduling and pre-registering patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is being surrounded by like-minded people and to provide exceptional cardiac care for our new and established patients, frequent company pot lucks, monthly incentives for achieving our individual and company goals, and an amazing boss.
Pros
Free lunch & Learn meetings.
Cons
Short lunch break.
good place to work
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 1, 2016
Everyone is very nice here. I just started working here, so far I enjoy it. They have a lot of free lunched and team building things. I like my co-workers. I do not like that for me to apply for jobs on indeed i am forced to write a review on my current job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
traffic to location
All around amazing company
SLEEP LAB COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 6, 2016
High work volume with a helpful staff at all times. Wonderful staffing and great team work support. Very professional work place at all times.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Do not advise working for this company.
cardiac sonographer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 14, 2015
Not good place for minorities. Poor management , with practice that caters to wealthy vs poor and or minority. Even with patient care. Strongly discourage minorities from applying at this company. REAL TALK!
Great environment for working parents
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 19, 2015
This is a great job for nurses who want to keep their hand in the field and balance their life at home. Some office provide opportunity of stress testing that are not available in all offices.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Promotions
Great place to workl
Electrophysiology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church VAOctober 5, 2014
This is the same company I am working for.so the review is the same as first
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 1, 2014
A lot of autonomy with the allowance of time to be able to keep work going while also allowing people to interact and converse.
Clean and fun professional office environment
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 11, 2014
•Provides support to the office manager, physicians, billing, clinical staff and most importantly, the patient
•Adheres to check in and check our procedures
•Provided exceptional customer service
•Responsible for registering patients in the EMR system
•Provided friendly and efficient telephone services
•Collected co-payments, prepared patient receipts, and posts payments accurately via EMR.
•Verified all accepted insurance plans, checked eligibility; obtained patient insurances referrals as need.
•Performed daily chat preparation ensuring that required documentation is prepared in advance to ensure efficient patient flow
•Authorizes prescription refills under direct supervision of the physician
•Assisted the providers with patients in the office including: Clinical chart preparation; obtaining the chief complaint or reason for the visit; obtaining vital signs, reviewing current medication list, past medical history, social history, and review of symptoms
great place to work
TARGET / FRONT LINE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  falls church vaOctober 13, 2013
this is a great place. very fast pace. got to be ready for any and every thing. management and co workers are very friendly. the hardest part of the job is not knowing what going to happen. the best part is the patient and working with people
Pros
set schedule
Cons
dealing with upset patients
Great work experience.
Cardiac Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 16, 2013
Fast paced. Free lunches. Caring individuals. Good work recognition.
good place to work
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 18, 2013
some days are busy and can't get anything done. it is a great place to work. everyone works has a team. what i enjoy most is helping people.
Healthcare work setting
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 3, 2012
It was a work place where you could help the sick and make them healthy again. It was a great place to work.
Pros
free lunches bonus
Cons
office closed due to dr. only worked at hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia Heart. Our community is ready to answer.