Virginia Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Overall a good place to work.
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 1, 2015
Overall a good place to work.The usual cliques, and frankly its seeming a lot like a high school with the way staff interact.
Pros
Community hospital feel with big city resources.
Cons
Staffing is a constant issue.
Not all that is promised
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 25, 2015
The patient to nurse ratio is absolutely unsafe. 6:1 is absurd. The units are very understaffed, some do not even have managers at all. The schedule is terrible, be prepared to be married to the company. PTO requests are most of the time denied. You will be called out for every little thing you do. The expectations from the employees are unrealistic. The only good thing about this job is the fellow nurses all stick together. Pick somewhere else to work- this place is terrible.
great place to work
License and Insured Co-Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 8, 2015
Facilities/Stationary Engineer with Home improvement skills including: plumbing, HVAC, basic electrical, carpetry
Pros
Great trouble shooting skills
Cons
Open minded
thick skin needed
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 6, 2015
Disorganized.. It really depends on who your manager is. you can have a good manager who follows the rules and everyone is equally treated. you can have a bad manager who doesn't follow rules and does whatever based on the mood of the day. The doctors here are not easy to be pleased, and you'd have better to have a thick skin or you will end up crying your way home. The food court really sucks with bad food.
Pros
bad food, gossipy collegues, mean doctors to work with
Overall nice place to work
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 30, 2015
different shifts available, great upper management within the hospital, patient satisfactory, overall good environment to work in
Management can be very rude to employees
Environmental Specialist Aide (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 22, 2015
Supervision isn't very fair. They tend to take sides and do not delegate work accordingly. Co workers are very easy to work with. The hardest part about this job is communicating with upper management.
No comment
PRN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 15, 2015
Dedicated employees and good leadership but feel midlevel management was somewhat stifled by hospital administration.
Productive place to work
Image Librarian (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at the Virginia Hospital Center. The job was demanding but valuable. I gained a great deal of knowledge while working here.
the job is good but not the way they treat their employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 14, 2015
I like the job and everything that come with it but the way they treat their employees is not the best true their one of the top best on costumer service but not the best on their employees lack of caring of personal or family members
Great team environment and motivation for growth
Unit Secretary/Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 29, 2015
Efficient care and productive staffing management. Leadership very responsive attention to employees. Flexible scheduling options.
DO NOT work in Anesthesia Department
Clinical Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 24, 2015
Everyone says that this is a good place to work, but I have yet to experience the better side of this organization. My department has a high turnover rate and we are always short on staff. Our PCD is condescending, dismissive, and has little respect for staff. Overall his attitude is negative and he's unapproachable. He is vindictive and waiting for an oppurtunity to fire you. He takes joy in giving negative feedback. Very defensive. Management has favorites, doesn't trust staff, and will never back you up. Clinicians are never satisfied and always complain. Support staff is continuously abused, overworked, and under appreciated. Any advancement is blocked. I honestly don't want to work in healthcare any longer because of this place.
Pros
Some people are respective.
Cons
No respect, favoritism, low pay, cruel management
Innovative hospital with personalized feel
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 12, 2015
Good hospital to work for as there is a team environment. At the time of this post, this hospital is not owned by another 'health organization'. Great team members to work with who place value in patient care.
Pros
M-F work week with day shift hours
Cons
Stuck in an office for 8 hrs a day with no windows and one 1/2 hr lunch break
Radiology Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 7, 2015
Great place to work. Chance for promotion, and advancement. Truly care for it's employees and offer great benefits also.
Very nice place to work and the staff is GREAT!!
CVOR Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 10, 2015
I loved the work environment. Our goal was to work together and get the cases done. It was lots of hard work but, we all conquered the day. I really enjoyed working with the CVOR group.
Pros
no pros
Cons
lots of cons and stated about. Hard work and I enjoyed every minute of it!!
fun place to work and everyone is always so friendly
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arlington VAJuly 4, 2015
great place to work and everyone gets alone and helps each other the ceo is great and u really cant get any better then him and the pay is great and all the other things u get are great
Top 100? No way.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2015
Not sure how this is a top 100 facility. Management is constantly overturning, and because the new management want their people, people are constantly turning over as well. There is a lack of stability here. I know multiple department heads with litigation pending against them for unfair employment practices. Whistle blowers are quickly fired. Their magnet status is a farse. Nothing gets done around there.
Challenging Work Experience
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 30, 2015
Working at Virginia Hospital has taught me time management because of the heavy work flow and challenging tasks. It has provided me with lasting relationships with co-workers because they were able to help me with my professional career, which I would always treasure.
Its okay
Medical Receptionist - Radiology (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 16, 2015
I havent been here a year yet, but it can be a very stressful environment to work at. Management is more customer focused, and I feel they do not have realistic expectations with their employees
GREAT place to work.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 12, 2015
This is a great place to work. The management is amazing. The hospital works hard to keep the facility running smoothly.
Good community hospital and very busy.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 8, 2015
Fast paced Community Hospital. Adding a lot of new Physicians and different Specialist. the volume has increased and need more space to accommodate the volume.
Cons
parking & recent change in benefits