Virginia Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work and the staff is GREAT!!
CVOR Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: lots of cons and stated about. Hard work and I enjoyed every minute of it!!
I loved the work environment. Our goal was to work together and get the cases done. It was lots of hard work but, we all conquered the day. I really enjoyed working with the CVOR group.
fun place to work and everyone is always so friendly
Security Officer (Current Employee), Arlington VAJuly 4, 2015
great place to work and everyone gets alone and helps each other the ceo is great and u really cant get any better then him and the pay is great and all the other things u get are great
Top 100? No way.
Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2015
Not sure how this is a top 100 facility. Management is constantly overturning, and because the new management want their people, people are constantly turning over as well. There is a lack of stability here. I know multiple department heads with litigation pending against them for unfair employment practices. Whistle blowers are quickly fired. Their magnet status is a farse. Nothing gets done around there.
Challenging Work Experience
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 30, 2015
Working at Virginia Hospital has taught me time management because of the heavy work flow and challenging tasks. It has provided me with lasting relationships with co-workers because they were able to help me with my professional career, which I would always treasure.
Its okay
Medical Receptionist - Radiology (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 16, 2015
I havent been here a year yet, but it can be a very stressful environment to work at. Management is more customer focused, and I feel they do not have realistic expectations with their employees
GREAT place to work.
Support Technician (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 12, 2015
This is a great place to work. The management is amazing. The hospital works hard to keep the facility running smoothly.
Good community hospital and very busy.
Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 8, 2015
Cons: parking & recent change in benefits
Fast paced Community Hospital. Adding a lot of new Physicians and different Specialist. the volume has increased and need more space to accommodate the volume.
They treated me great
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 4, 2015
While working at the hospital I was pregnant and a typical day would be to clean patients rooms. I learned a lot about what to expect before I gave birth to my child the management was slightly supportive during my pregnancy but the my co-workers and the hospital staff was fantastic. The hardest part was working while pregnant but oi enjoyed it because it made my pregnancy go by very fast.
Productive and was treated like family.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 28, 2015
Great place to work! I started working there straight out of high school. Really nice work environment. I worked in the accounting department and everyone that worked there treated me like family.
great experience
Information Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 15, 2015
Pros: good people to work around
Cons: the hrs
Doing a internship at Virginia hospital was a wonderful experience that I wouldn't trade for the world.. Trying to remember how to get every where was a little over whelming but once you get the hang of things its a great feeling.
great hospital
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMay 9, 2015
great place to work. staff is outgoing and always willing to help. management works with you to make schedule in case you have things planned out.it can get busy but everyone works together and gets the work done
Job as a RN
RN (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Terrific hospital providing superior care to patients.
Cons: Lower wages compared to other hospitals in the DC area.
Working at VHC was a excellent experience. VHC became a Magnent Hospital and a Center for Excellence in several areas while I worked at the hospital.
Analyst
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Arlongton, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: staff
I have worked at this company for 5 years. I have had an excellent experience working with staff. Management is second to none. Long hours but extremely rewarding.
Great Hospital for patients, not so much for employees
Clinical Anesthesia Technician - Cardiovascular (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good staff, and good patient care. not a bad cafeteria either.
Cons: poor management, and high turnover for employees. benefits are fair.
There are some great people working at this hospital. And the service patients get is actually quite good. As a staff member though, there is noticeably bad management and poor pay. Annual raise is anywhere between 1-3 percent. Employee satisfaction is very low. There is considerable employee turnover in many departments. They are always hiring new people because of this.
Great Patient Care Director
Lecture & Clinical Instructor - Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2015
Usually busy work days, cowokers arvery surppotive, high turn over of patients, its a rewarding field, Magnet Hopsital and enjoyable work place
Long hours, poor management, brow beaten daily
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 1, 2015
Department expecations very unrealistic. Poor training. Overload of work vs pay. Often difficult to take a lunch break, let alone 15 min. lunch.
Micromanagement to the extreme. Overall morale in the department
was always low.
Awesome place to work
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Busy, but excellent learning environment and place to work! I have worked at Virginia Hospital Center for the past five years and I have grown and learned a lot in my nursing career.
Hospital Goal to make patients satisfied
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours
I have worked at VHC for 27 years. I have watched the growth. Patients tell us every day it is the only place they will come. We strive to satisfy each patient and make it a good experience for them.
Great
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria
Beautiful hospital, good management overview, nice co-workers,always opportunity to learn
challenging but fulfilling job.
bsn,rn (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: no time for break if you have it not free from the unit;taken out whether you use it or not
you have to sign up for schedules that you want and they'll consider it on their own staffing needs you may mostly get it at times. short of staff that vacation not being given as requested despite lots of vacation time earned. they encouraged advancement. my coworkers are like my family, we help each other out especially in scheduling but that had been curved lately ? for better control of scheduling and budgeting but harder on the unit. lots of willing staff to work extra but.... always very busy lots of turnovers-stressful but once you completed it, you felt good despite the stress that you were able to do it and did a good service to your patients. very good team work with therapists and case manager. improving with having a dietitian on board for the unit specifically to help lately. good support given by the doctors/surgeons, residents, and some nurse practitioners or physician assistants.