Virginia Hospital Center

Virginia Hospital Center Employer Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 26, 2014
Fast paced work environment that has helped develop excellent communication skills. However, there is no room for growth within current department.
AWFUL place to work
Technologist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Management is degrading and awful to employees. the only good thing about working here is the benefits.
Great learning experience
Health Promotion Contractor (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJune 23, 2014
Perfect learning hospital to gain your skills and knowledge.
THE single worst place to work in the country
Radiology Scheduling/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 15, 2014
Cons: everything else
Management doesn't get much worse than here. Management is cruel to it's staff, staff members are uneducated, unprofessional and no one is treated like an adult.
fast pace, high accountability, good working environment
Registered Nurse, Clinical IV float pool (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 23, 2014
I worked at this institute for 3 years mainly as charge RN to surgical unit, it was very fast pace unit with fast turnover. I enjoyed the challenge that it provided. I was promoted as clinician iv when I successfully submitted the clinical ladder project.
Productive Work Place
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMay 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: stress
Its a very fast paced, stressful job. Its hard to advance to the next level, there's a lot of favortism, there's no team and its everybody for them selves..... The only thing I like about working here is that they care about the patients and make sure that they have the full VIP treatment and make sure that they leave satisfied.
Productive, stable job in a excellent community
Secretary (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 27, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, job culture with co-workers is great, good area, some parking
Cons: if you are not in the clinical spectrum, your salary is not good. some managers are horrible...
Customer/patient/family focused.....
A job culture of genuine enjoyment of taking care of people
Co-workers are friendly, most are extremely helpful
Some managers are wonderful
Some Growth opportunites, especially for clinical staff
Clinical staff makes excellent income
Some general staff make a decent income
Educational opportunities
Top 100, Top 50 – more... hospital in the nation

The hardest part of the job is the lack of consideration to employees...
We go the extra mile to provide an environment of compassion, integrity and superior medical care, but when we are sick or our families are sick - no compassion
Upper and middle management has some work to do in their departments about behaviors.
Some departments have high turnover rates
Salaries could be better, this is an award wining hospital in Arlington County no less and employees are still making $8.00 to $13.00 an hour – less
Very nice hospital.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 16, 2014
I love the teamwork I have at this job. I like the hard work each of my co worker do to make this hospital be the best hospital.
diet office admin
Diet Office Admin (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 9, 2014
staff was friendly and patients were nice to talk too. The job is mainly calls to the patients for their diet order.
Difficult to work at
Central Processing Technician II (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 31, 2014
After my experience working there I realized that you have no type of support from management.
Nice
Patient Care Director (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: patient care
Cons: traffic
Worked with 20 staff members ( nurses and technologist), daily operations for patients undergoing various cardiac procedures. Working with different departments to make sure the patient had an exceptional experience. Worked with physicians and building relationships with them and staff. Budget, scheduling. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting – more... various people and patients, and helping them to understand their procedure and disease process. Hardest part of the job driving back and forth to work. – less
A good company to start a career
Imaging Informatics Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management
It's a good place to start a career,
provides good benefits.
Co-workers are nice and friendly
Overall a great place to work. Knowledgeable, fun, hard-working people and good environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 28, 2014
Hardest part was the high patient load. Co-workers were helpful and learned a lot. Good patient satisfaction.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: a teachable hospital
Cons: staffing
The clinic would see 16-26 patients daily with a staff of 6-7, I was trained on wound care from measurements, proper cleaning, coban compression and grafting. Management was kind of fair at times and the co-workers were great I loved the team spirit that kept us going day in and day out. My hardest part of the day was when we were short staffed. I love – more... people so my highest point was after the patient completed their 16 weeks of patient care with a positive outcome. – less
fun and productive place with lots of support from co-workers.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches some times
Cons: short breaks and lunch time
I stayed with them close to 7 years with 27 stars from patients and awarded best nurse award.
good place to work
PATIENT CARE TECHNIAIAN (Former Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: new management, health benefits not good, they are self insured.
Team work was wonderful
great people
Management was changing hands, I personally did not like it.
Supportive staff
ok
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 27, 2014
ok needed better hours love the hospital enviroment working in mother baby and labor and delivery
Centrally located and helps the community.
HEALTH UNIT CLERK (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 13, 2014
VHC is centrally located in Arlington, VA. It caters to a diverse community and ensures that all patients are treated equally.
Manageable place to work at
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 31, 2013
Pros: people, learning new things
Cons: management
Working for VHC is great the only problem is working in the small offices and the management not making you feel important, or that your job matters. Some of the management just doesnt know how to talk to people which in turn they will be losing alot of there staff. Overrall great place to work for top 100 hospitals in the nation.
VHC is a great place for nurses to learn and grow and gives #1 patient care.
Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 26, 2013
Pros: virginia hospital center wants their employees to do well, and to give the best care possible to their patients.
Cons: vhc is a great hospital but i live in sterling now and arlington is a longer drive.
I'm a nurse with over 25 years experience. I started on a telemetry/post surgical stepdown unit which took care of post surgical patients, who had extensive medical histories and required individualized care plans that would suit their needs.

I was floated to various units during my employment with VHC including ICU and the Cardio Vascular Unit when – more... needed.

I was the assistant patient care director and at one point the acting patient care director for 2 units, orthopedic and surgical.

VHC provided me with many opportunites to learn and advance as they do for all of their employees. – less

1 2 3 4