Virginia Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Short time but I learned a lot
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 8, 2017
I worked there for two years from nineteen ninety seven to nineteen ninety nine. It was my first hospital that I worked with as a technician full time and I learned a lot.
No Advancement
Physician Services (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22205November 27, 2017
Virginia hospital center once you were in the position they hired you for there was never any advancement after that. You had to know someone and be liked by someone higher up to be promoted.
Wonderful place to work
Director, Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 27, 2017
VHC is a wonderful place to work. The organization has a patient centric culture and they truly care about their employees. The company is constantly growing the meet the needs of their patient population through facility infrastructure, technology and more.
I liked working at VHC.
certified first assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 19, 2017
It was a busy hospital with a variety of surgeries. I enjoyed assisting the plastic surgeons with breast reconstruction for cancer patients. I was nice to see the end results and the smiles on the womens' faces when we were done.
Pros
plenty of overtime to be had
Cons
hard to get time off because of busy schedule
Great Co workers
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 16, 2017
I love the fact that you can make people feel better and the amount of appreciation you receive. I love the fact that I work long days which gives me more days off to spend with family.
Life in the ER
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 13, 2017
Work is very fast paced, different adventure everyday, great team work and great co-workers.
There are times when the job can be hard, and heartbreaking but with every situation you learn more and more about life.
Its a very busy work place
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 8, 2017
Ultrasound department for outpatient scheduling starts from 730 AM to 9:00 PM . Its a very busy and stressful workplace due to a high volume of the outpatient , Inpatient, ER and also walking /Add on patients. At this work environment there is no place for training . A sonographer working here should have a high level of knowledge , to be fast, and able to handle different types of situations , working with different radiologists
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
short breaks, poor management, Zero staff training job due to busy workplace
Great place to be
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 7, 2017
It's a great place to work. I love my co-workers that were much like family. I was always able to approach my manager. The benefits were good. They often do evaluations on pay, which is nice considering the area.
Department Dependent
Clinical Decision Unit Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 31, 2017
Upper management makes some effort to involve and communicate with lower level staff nurses, but it still falls short in this area.

Generally, the culture is that of good team work and enjoyable people to work with.

Upper management clearly not aware of work load in some areas of the hospital, safety risks in these areas due to under staffing. Certain areas/units of the hospital are exceptionally run, other areas/units are lacking. Working here can be a good or bad experience, finding a good direct supervisor is crucial to being protected and advocated for as an employee.
Great People
Licensed Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 26, 2017
Virginia Hospital Center has wonderful people to work with, however the compensation and management makes it hard to stay. Overall I loved my co-workers but needed more money.
fast paced
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 17, 2017
Virginia hospital was strictly by the book they were very fast paced and customer service was awesome I would recommended anyone who loves cleaning to work with this hospital
Virginia Hospital Center-RN
General Surgical Unit, Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 12, 2017
Virginia Hospital Center is a very nice place to work. The benefits package is very generous. The location is very centralized, being close to both Arlington and DC.
Not an ideal work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 11, 2017
Poor management,no room for growth in the administrative position. Benefits are decent but could be much better. Insufficient training from the managers.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
short breaks
Review
Patient Access Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at work consist of 12 people working at a high volume call center. There needs to be better communication between the staff and upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Communication/Poor Team Work
great teamwork with the night crew!
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 6, 2017
Supportive unit manager, great teamwork with the night crew! I am a traveler and I have extended multiple times because I enjoy working on the recover and wellness unit with my colleagues on night shift,.
Declined
Patient Access Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 3, 2017
declined to offer review.
typical day:
Management:
hardest part of the job:
the most enjoyable:
what did I learn
I will not include confidential company information in this review.
Pros
declined
Cons
declined
Welcome to Racist Wealthy Pretend Magnet Virginia Hospital Center
Physician Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 30, 2017
From the orientation, you will find that the majority of staff hired are white and they separated by the work they did. Fake smiles and backstabbers!
Pros
Pay
Cons
pettiness, eliteness, horrible commute, phony colleagues.
I was treated unfairly and instead of placing me somewhere more suitable they just terminated me .
Insurance Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 26, 2017
If a person is crying and asking for help from HR should they try to help right? Well that's not what happened I was treated like I was stupid , the supervisor was always attacking my character.
Pros
shuttle, pretty good salary, great benefits
Cons
Stressful, discrimination, cut throat not what they portray themselves to be
Great hospital with great staff members
Critical Care Technician/EMT (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 13, 2017
Virginia Hospital Center is and excellent hospital that provides great care. The staff is not only friendly but also very good at their jobs. A great place to work.
Vhc
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 7, 2017
VHC is a great company to work for. they pay well. I don't care for the fact that they don't pay for holiday pay, they have this thing called paid holiday leave and they give you 80 hours for the whole year to use towards holiday/office closures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virginia Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Virginia Hospital Center Reviews by Location