Virginia Natural Gas Employee Review

View all Virginia Natural Gas reviews

Natural Gas Utility Company
Account Manager of Gas Supply (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 9, 2012
I held several position at Virginia Natural Gas. My last position I held there was working with the industrial customers who bought their natural gas from third party suppliers and had it transported to VNG's city gate. It was this position that opened up doors for other job opportunities in the gas transportation area. My typical day involved working with energy marketing companies that were selling gas to the industrial customers in VNG's territory. It was very challenging because I was learning something new all the time about how the gas gets transported to the city gate and the applicable transportation rates from the utility. It was a lot of fun as well because I was the only one at the company that could do it at the time.
Pros
very challenging job!
Cons
very little training for the job!

Other Virginia Natural Gas Employee Reviews

Great Job
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 29, 2017
Loved working as a temp for gas company. Pay was good, people were great. Every day was different. A lot of exercise amd being outdoors. Met a lot of people. And saw some of the same people each month.
Pros
great job overall
Cons
no room to advance to permanent position
You will gain a lot of experience on various Equipment
Gas Utility Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 1, 2016
This is a Good Company to work for. if you are Driver, when you get there in the morning, your Delivery's and pickups are waiting for you when you get there. You load up your equipment, and deliver it to the customer, then do your pickup orders.